Wonder Woman - June 2, 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wonder Woman - June 23, 2017

While I respect the whole Rey/Gadot showing strength thru their actions and not their sexy body parts for me it's more about the character of WW being a visual equal to Superman/Batman than it is about her sex appeal.

I guess I've never really looked at WW as being too far removed from Lynda Carter so I don't need ripped bi's or anything.

I don't think DC is going to put any ass shots or gratuitous shots to make her a sexual fantasy / object in the film like Sucker Punch. Showing her back when she fights doesn't equate to ass shot, IMO. The film is directed by a woman... I am pretty sure they are going the route of Rey/Katniss etc for Wonder Woman.

Thanos is gonna go out like a beoch. Bank on it. Aunt May prolly takes him out. Snare drum.
Vl6NCwf.jpg

In fact I'd say this is now my most anticipated solo hero movie. . .

It does have a bit of an amateurish look to it with regard to the scale and the action. . .feel a little more Van Helsing/Thor 2 to me. Camera work seemed noticably second tier. . .And her "300 style" fight indoors with the Nazi dudes. . .Sucker Punch

Can't wait for the finished film.

FnPaLIm.gif

Kind of interesting that the "super hero" movies from DC are drab, washed out, and depressing looking while Suicide Squad is colorful, energetic, and exciting.

Yes, it's consistent with the other films.

8p08rp1.jpg
VvLQjaD.jpg
NQZBtrz.jpg
pPyPxls.jpg

1qxufTU.jpg
2xeHt3J.jpg

yea this is what I thought when I saw the footage, it looks like the DC film world will have the Zack Synder look, he is sort of the "godfather" of DC films now. Even suicide squad has a bit of the Synder polish on it. The big difference between the other films and the one Zack does is the other film makers seem to be better story tellers, I know David Ayer is, can't speak for the women doing Wonder Women, as she's only done television before.

I loved everything about the footage. I think Gal is going to do superb. I hope they find a way to bring Pine to the current time, but if not I don't mind a trilogy bringing Wonder Woman to modern times with him in the costarring role.

I'm glad they kept her costume the same. I don't spot any differences.

My favorite shots from the preview:

I love those shots as well! I was expecting something like Clash of the Titans or 300 when I heard about Wonder Woman, and I was pleasantly surprised. Nothing against those films, of course, (I've never seen those movies before), but when I thought of Wonder Woman, I thought of Greek gods and fantastical realms. I didn't think about her using her weapons to fight soldiers in intimate combat scenarios or being around townsfolk (wow, I didn't get a spelling error, so apparently, townsfolk is a real word!). I think I've seen her do those things in animation, but I forgot. Just when I thought I could get tired of WW2 flicks, they show this! I think it looks really classy! I'm not very familiar with Wonder Woman, but I hope fans like this, because I'm very excited!

I'm glad they didn't change the costumes either because I want a figure of her! I'm so glad they showed this off because I think it, along with Suicide Squad, will enhance my BvS experience. (I'm still rooting for BvS! :lol)

Kind of interesting that the "super hero" movies from DC are drab, washed out, and depressing looking while Suicide Squad is colorful, energetic, and exciting.

I thought the aesthetic was to help keep the universe looking more surreal like a comic book. I think it helps from keeping the more flamboyant elements from looking so jarring. I know you're much more knowledgeable about comics than me, but wasn't it similar to them making everyone in colorful green, purple, and orange outfits back in the day to give less of a contrast between heroes? Maybe after Justice League forms they'll start brightening things up. I think it could be a neat artistic direction. I understand the complaints against Snyder, but I think it's great that he's not apologetic for the material. While I might not be a fan how certain things are executed, I appreciate he has so much passion for superheroes. He's not like Tim Burton who said that he'd never even read a comic book (Although, I believe he read and enjoyed The Killing Joke.) Snyder makes multiple commentaries on the discs, and while I have a cognitive dissonance from what he describes and what's actually happening on screen, he clearly loves this. Thankfully, there's a lot of movies coming out of this from various directors for those that don't like his films. And if they don't like those, Marvel is doing a pretty good job!

yea this is what I thought when I saw the footage, it looks like the DC film world will have the Zack Synder look, he is sort of the "godfather" of DC films now. Even suicide squad has a bit of the Synder polish on it. The big difference between the other films and the one Zack does is the other film makers seem to be better story tellers, I know David Ayer is, can't speak for the women doing Wonder Women, as she's only done television before.

but none of his other movies look like that.... i dont think that is something that zack has control over

probably studio decision

Back