Wonder Woman - June 2, 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wonder Woman - June 23, 2017

no wonder they call her wonder woman.....

she's a grandma in her wonder years!!!!

I'm in line now:lol- Gal looks perfect in every shot I've seen her in as WW- this wll be big

She looks great, funny how no one has an issue with Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Jaime Alexander as Sig, ScarJo as Black Widow, etc.

First two are just as skinny, if not skinnier than Gadot (and both their comic counterparts are strong women like WW) and the last is a midget :dunno

Well Wonder Woman is the most popular female hero. So expectations are high. She has to have the look of physical strength comparable to Superman. I didn't know Sif until the Thor film was released. Same with Gamora. I knew of Black Widow but it's not like she's tall and I think ScarJo plays her well.

Poor WB/DC, they have so few superheros/villains that actually matter to even have a movie with that many characters.

That was always Marvel's strength.

Grant it, DC's core group is quite the powerhouse, enough so that it shouldn't need to have that many characters to make a great movie if handled correctly.

But who doesn't want to see Daredevil, Blade and Punisher taking on Thanos! :lol

Well Marvel has a lot more popular characters than DC. Outside of the Justice League, I don't know too many characters. In Marvel, there's Avengers (which is a large group since there are members from the FF and Xmen who have been Avengers), X-men, Fantastic Four, Defenders, GOTG, and many other independents.

Jaime Alexander is not the main character and most people dont care for Thor movies to begin with.

zoe is nowhere near as skinny as skeltal. zoe has curves... (and even if zoe is skinny, her acting is WAY better.)

ScarJo would have been a perfect wonder woman ironically enough

Good points.

My favorite shots from the preview:
tumblr_o19lvpsnCi1udwsc5o3_500.gif

tumblr_o19lvpsnCi1udwsc5o2_500.gif

tumblr_o19lvpsnCi1udwsc5o4_500.gif

tumblr_o18gy58gk11uvcgjlo1_500.gif

tumblr_o18gy58gk11uvcgjlo2_500.gif
[/QUOTE]

Don't understand why she's fighting soldiers with sword and shield. She can deflect bullets with her bracelets and literally throw her enemies. She isn't really demonstrating her strength.

She looks great, funny how no one has an issue with Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Jaime Alexander as Sig, ScarJo as Black Widow, etc.

First two are just as skinny, if not skinnier than Gadot (and both their comic counterparts are strong women like WW) and the last is a midget :dunno

Poor WB/DC, they have so few superheros/villains that actually matter to even have a movie with that many characters.

That was always Marvel's strength.

Grant it, DC's core group is quite the powerhouse, enough so that it shouldn't need to have that many characters to make a great movie if handled correctly.

But who doesn't want to see Daredevil, Blade and Punisher taking on Thanos! :lol

I like the blue filter. Give the movies a graphic novel feel. :dunno

She's Wonder Woman, brah. She prolly can take out the Hulk.

Of course she can take out the Hulk. :lol

Amoral? I don't understand.

With the way she was fighting those soldiers doesn't look it. She was fighting like a regular human. The Hulk would have destroyed soldiers no problem. She didn't look like she can take Superman. She doesn't look to have superspeed.

I like the blue filter. Give the movies a graphic novel feel. :dunno

She's Wonder Woman, brah. She prolly can take out the Hulk.

Of course she can take out the Hulk. :lol

Amoral? I don't understand.

With the way she was fighting those soldiers doesn't look it. She was fighting like a regular human. The Hulk would have destroyed soldiers no problem. She didn't look like she can take Superman. She doesn't look to have superspeed.

Don't understand why she's fighting soldiers with sword and shield. She can deflect bullets with her bracelets and literally throw her enemies. She isn't really demonstrating her strength.

she just had her nails done.

She's holding back.

Obviously.

She's got something better than super speed, she's got super slow mo.

Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot, Robin Wright, Connie Nielsen first look | EW.com

Wonder Woman exclusive: Meet the warrior women training Diana Prince

8461545-menalippe-diana-hippolyta-antiope.jpg

Themyscira is a hidden island where Amazon women of Greek myth have thrived for centuries, living in harmony and free to self-govern away from the gaze of man. It’s also, of course, the birthplace of Wonder Woman, who after years of false starts, is finally a movie star. With a much heralded introduction in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) is now a cornerstone in Warner Bros.’ DC Comics multiverse, with a crucial role in the first Justice League movie (out November 2017), and the center of her own long-awaited film, which will hit screens next June.

Directed by Patty Jenkins (Monster), Wonder Woman will be an origin story illustrating the transformation of a young Princess Diana into the greatest female warrior of all time.

She will need some help getting there, though. Preparing her for a world of men are three regal women: Diana’s mother, Queen Hippolyta (Gladiator’s Connie Nielsen), and her two military aunts — General Antiope (Robin Wright) and Antiope’s lieutenant, Menalippe (Force Majeure’s Lisa Loven Kongsli). This trio of immortals is responsible for both raising and training Diana — the only child on this estrogen heavy isle — but they don’t always agree. Hippolyta, a revolutionary leader, longs to shelter her beloved daughter from the outside world, but Antiope, the Amazon responsible for Diana’s training, wants to prepare her. “She is the only child they raised together,” says Jenkins, calling from outside London, where she is deep into the film’s production. “And their love for her manifests in a different way for each of them.”

To create Themyscira, Jenkins and her team used exotic islands off the coasts of Italy and southern China to enhance the otherworldliness of scenes filmed on Italy’s Amalfi coast. Still, designing a fantastical place proved challenging. Every decision about it, she says, came back to a central question: “How would I want to live that’s badass?”

Adds producer Charles Roven, “Themyscira is influenced by the Greek but it’s clearly more then that,” he says. “It’s a place that has the ‘you’ve never been to’ kind of feel. But once you’re there you’re not so sure you really want to leave so fast.” ​

That uniqueness extended to how the Amazons look, too. “To me, they shouldn’t be dressed in armor like men,” Jenkins says of the women’s battle wear. “It should be different. It should be authentic and real—and appealing to women.” Jenkins and her costume designer, Lindy Hemming (The Dark Knight), crafted a look that showed off the women’s ripped shoulders and toned legs, in outfits that looked practical but that still featured the tropes of the comic book, in particular the braces on their wrists and, yes, even the high heels.

Jenkins defends the impractical footwear. “It’s total wish-fulfillment,” she says, adding that the warriors have flats for heavy fighting. “I, as a woman, want Wonder Woman to be hot as hell, fight badass, and look great at the same time—the same way men want Superman to have huge pecs and an impractically big body. That makes them feel like the hero they want to be. And my hero, in my head, has really long legs.”

Wonder Woman is slated to debut on June 23, 2017.

Warrior... :lol

They went with MCU's Asgard kind of designs, obviously.

Eh... I'm getting a 300/Thor vibe. The creative team is a bit of a joke (the screenwriter for Pan, a director who hasn't made anything in years) and the comments are more in line with "we want to make a female movie first!" than "we want to make a good movie that happens to star a female heroine". Maybe I'm cynical, but eh, we'll see...

I think a 300 vibe works.

Depends on the run. Whever creators are going full-on "Bloods and Gore" on Diana, it rarely does. Azzarelo's Nu52 run, while bloody and violent, still had that certain "air" to it. Diana was a protective figure. A warrior yes, but a person above all else. If they go "cliche Ancient Greece" on this, I doubt I'll like it very much. But hey, if it avoids symbolism and the like, it might be a solid action movie.

Back