Wonder Woman - June 2, 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wonder Woman - June 23, 2017

You people really are infatuated with me.

to be completely honest i have been ignoring your posts if they are longer than a sentence. when i see you mindlessly hating on something i just skip the post.

people are not infatuated with you, everyone is just laughing at you

I thought the first footage looked really promising. If Jenkins and her team can nail the storytelling and deliver some brutal fight scenes (avoiding the ol' boring punch-kick-repeat fighting like in Cap TFA), then I'll be able to overlook Gadot's limited acting chops.

to be completely honest i have been ignoring your posts if they are longer than a sentence. when i see you mindlessly hating on something i just skip the post.

I don't put that much effort into hating a movie. I just see people mindlessly loving each movie going into great depths of how it will play out and how good it will be. Poor people don't realize they are setting themselves up for disappointment.

For the record, I think this looks good. Even if it does have some funky blue shade/tint look to it.

I'm not laughing anymore, guy's got some emotional deficits he needs to work out.

I thought the first footage looked really promising. If Jenkins and her team can nail the storytelling and deliver some brutal fight scenes (avoiding the ol' boring punch-kick-repeat fighting like in Cap TFA), then I'll be able to overlook Gadot's limited acting chops.
Yeah with minimal no post-production yet the raw footage still looks good, Jenkins is the one who directed a couple Breaking Bad and GoT episodes right? I'm gonna guess she can handle storytelling.

If she can take a direct hit from Doomsday who the hell will be posing a threat in WW1?

Who is the rumored super villain in this?

World War I setting, yeah it's gotta be Ares as the main baddie.

I'm not laughing anymore, guy's got some emotional deficits he needs to work out.

Yeah with minimal no post-production yet the raw footage still looks good, Jenkins is the one who directed a couple Breaking Bad and GoT episodes right? I'm gonna guess she can handle storytelling.

There you go again Gasspar.

I don't know what to make of the footage. Seems dark, like a 'Snow White and the Huntsman' atmosphere. I always pictured her in a Greek paradise. Paradise Island? With Greek architecture and women in tunics. Looks to me like Xena meets Captain America or Agent Carter. And why is she on a horse? Maybe Invisible Jet comes later? I hope her outfit gets brighter. Like Cap's suit from WW2 to modern times.

I know I'm nitpicking. Just completely different from what I was expecting.

I don't know what to make of the footage. Seems dark, like a 'Snow White and the Huntsman' atmosphere. I always pictured her in a Greek paradise. Paradise Island? With Greek architecture and women in tunics. Looks to me like Xena meets Captain America or Agent Carter. And why is she on a horse? Maybe Invisible Jet comes later? I hope her outfit gets brighter. Like Cap's suit from WW2 to modern times.

I know I'm nitpicking. Just completely different from what I was expecting.

thats how the animated movie was..... you are right

this is going to be ****

Last edited by a moderator:

I thought the aesthetic was to help keep the universe looking more surreal like a comic book. I think it helps from keeping the more flamboyant elements from looking so jarring. I know you're much more knowledgeable about comics than me, but wasn't it similar to them making everyone in colorful green, purple, and orange outfits back in the day to give less of a contrast between heroes? Maybe after Justice League forms they'll start brightening things up. I think it could be a neat artistic direction. I understand the complaints against Snyder, but I think it's great that he's not apologetic for the material. While I might not be a fan how certain things are executed, I appreciate he has so much passion for superheroes. He's not like Tim Burton who said that he'd never even read a comic book (Although, I believe he read and enjoyed The Killing Joke.) Snyder makes multiple commentaries on the discs, and while I have a cognitive dissonance from what he describes and what's actually happening on screen, he clearly loves this. Thankfully, there's a lot of movies coming out of this from various directors for those that don't like his films. And if they don't like those, Marvel is doing a pretty good job!
I'm honestly not sure of all the reasons why silver age designs were what they were, but I suspect the biggest part was just trying to make something eye catching to kids who were passing by the comic racks. And I have made a lot of digs at Snyder's various decisions, but in this case I actually think it's an interesting contrast. The heroes are portrayed as being morally gray in this universe, and from that POV the washed out look makes some sense. But in Suicide Squad, you've got neon lights everywhere, and vibrant colors. Maybe it's meant to reflect the fact that these guys know who they are. Maybe it's part of just having the Joker involved. Or maybe it's just a stylistic preference of the director/DP and doesn't go any further than that.

yea this is what I thought when I saw the footage, it looks like the DC film world will have the Zack Synder look, he is sort of the "godfather" of DC films now. Even suicide squad has a bit of the Synder polish on it. The big difference between the other films and the one Zack does is the other film makers seem to be better story tellers, I know David Ayer is, can't speak for the women doing Wonder Women, as she's only done television before.

I like the blue filter. Give the movies a graphic novel feel. :dunno

If she can take a direct hit from Doomsday who the hell will be posing a threat in WW1?

Who is the rumored super villain in this?

She's Wonder Woman, brah. She prolly can take out the Hulk.

FnPaLIm.gif
[/QUOTE]

Sad isnt it.
Or laughable dunno...

Back