Wonder Woman - June 2, 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wonder Woman - June 23, 2017

Are they going to god the whole gods mythology route I find it hard to accept that in this DC world make they are meta humans or some kind of descendents of the kryptonion scout ship. I just don't seem them introducing god and this turning to a clash of titans movie the myth remains but the realty is science

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Are they going to god the whole gods mythology route I find it hard to accept that in this DC world make they are meta humans or some kind of descendents of the kryptonion scout ship. I just don't seem them introducing god and this turning to a clash of titans movie the myth remains but the realty is science

If they make Wonder Woman a Kryptonian then they can kiss my ass and my bid my cash farewell. Small changes are alright but basically reinventing the origin of the most popular/important female heroine? **** that... Lose the Greek God angle and you might as well be making a movie about random aliens who adopted earthly culture. That rumor was, is, and always will be idiotic.

If they make Wonder Woman a Kryptonian then they can kiss my ass and my bid my cash farewell. Small changes are alright but basically reinventing the origin of the most popular/important female heroine? **** that... Lose the Greek God angle and you might as well be making a movie about random aliens who adopted earthly culture. That rumor was, is, and always will be idiotic.
Well I am saying they are going to go the marvel route Thor is an alien and they myth is the thunder god same thing. I highly doubt they would introduce her in th e same scene as she is the daughter of Zeus and all that it would be difficult to bring that type of mythology in to this movie universe it seems like it would not fit.

Well I am saying they are going to go the marvel route Thor is an alien and they myth is the thunder god same thing. I highly doubt they would introduce her in th e same scene as she is the daughter of Zeus and all that it would be difficult to bring that type of mythology in to this movie universe it seems like it would not fit.

Thor's an Alien in the comics as well. The Greek Gods can be "Aliens" in the broader sense, but that doesn't mean they should skip the whole mythological aspect of the character. The God of War should be the GOD of War, not the High-Tech Alien of War. Making the Amazons Kryptonians would be a bad, bad decision...

Thor's an Alien in the comics as well. The Greek Gods can be "Aliens" in the broader sense, but that doesn't mean they should skip the whole mythological aspect of the character. The God of War should be the GOD of War, not the High-Tech Alien of War. Making the Amazons Kryptonians would be a bad, bad decision...
Hum God of war I don't see it happening in this shared universe were they have aliens and myth. To me it just get confusing people will be asking do were is Zeus mount Olympus and other gods is this a DC comic movie or am I watching clash of the titans and immortals. Had this been a stand alone movie or separate movie then maybe bit it'd the shard universe now

Hum God of war I don't see it happening in this shared universe were they have aliens and myth. To me it just get confusing people will be asking do were is Zeus mount Olympus and other gods is this a DC comic movie or am I watching clash of the titans and immortals. Had this been a stand alone movie or separate movie then maybe bit it'd the shard universe now

Just because something is different, doesn't mean it can't be done. Datedevil exists in the same universe as GOTG and TWS. If that's possible, I don't see why s mythological movie can't stand next to sci-fi. Really, people are acting as if science is something modern. Science has been around since the dawn of man in a way. The Arabs had science, the Summerians had science and yes, the Ancient Greeks, during which period WW is taking place, had science. Lots and lots of it...

Just because something is different, doesn't mean it can't be done. Datedevil exists in the same universe as GOTG and TWS. If that's possible, I don't see why s mythological movie can't stand next to sci-fi. Really, people are acting as if science is something modern. Science has been around since the dawn of man in a way. The Arabs had science, the Summerians had science and yes, the Ancient Greeks, during which period WW is taking place, had science. Lots and lots of it...
I am just trying look at it from the continuity of the movie with in this shared universe. I just think it will be strange to mix the two together. Same reason they Shazam movie will not be in this DC universe it will be in another universe superman will not interact with Shazam magic users. They are opting for different tone and those two really don't mix.

Now over at marvel they will probably explain it like they did in Thor " what you call science we call magic".

I am just trying look at it from the continuity of the movie with in this shared universe. I just think it will be strange to mix the two together. Same reason they Shazam movie will not be in this DC universe it will be in another universe superman will not interact with Shazam magic users. They are opting for different tone and those two really don't mix.

Now over at marvel they will probably explain it like they did in Thor " what you call science we call magic".

We're just 2 movies in, there's no set "tone". As for Shazam, if it happens, it WILL be in the DCEU. Those were just rumours. Besides, you don't get the Rock as Black Adam only to waste him in a non-in-universe film.

Wonder Woman was definitely the one stand out to me in BvS. Looking forward to her movie more than any of the new solo Marvel ones for sure.

Wonder Woman was definitely the one stand out to me in BvS. Looking forward to her movie more than any of the new solo Marvel ones for sure.

For me it's Black Panther first, then Doctor Strange, and then Wonder Woman.

I hope the spin move Diana does when she transforms into Wonder Woman is kept. That's her trademark. If she does that in BvS then nevermind.

Well, Gadot was not the weak link of the movie, she was a pretty stronk one in actuality.

I was completely sold on her when
Spoiler Spoiler:
and WW looks at her with this look of deep compasion and empathy, holy ****, this is a woman who's just been in a huge battle and she's capable of such softness.

I can't wait for the WW movie and I hope they don't remove the Flash and AM cameos. I hope they keep going with Snyder's vision.

Well, Gadot was not the weak link of the movie, she was a pretty stronk one in actuality.

I was completely sold on her when
Spoiler Spoiler:
and WW looks at her with this look of deep compasion and empathy, holy ****, this is a woman who's just been in a huge battle and she's capable of such softness.

I can't wait for the WW movie and I hope they don't remove the Flash and AM cameos. I hope they keep going with Snyder's vision.
latest

Wonder Woman has potential to be good, real good, but can we please more on from Snyder and his "vision"? If he had his way he'd turn everyone into a CGI Slo-Mo "kick-ass killer" with metaphysical issues. He tried it once, he tried it twice, it just doesn't work. Let's let someone else try. I mean, we're talking about the same guy who killed Mercy and Jimmy just cause, wasted Doomsday and pretty-much missed the point of Superman in an attempt to make him more "realistic". Realism =/= pessimism...

Back to WW, I'd like to see an adaptation from Azzarelo's run. It was weird, gory, ****ed up at certain places, but still damn great because it had its moments of super-heroics and a general optimism.

I'm with Gaspar on this one. I want to see where Justice League takes us before WB and DC make any rash decisions.

Wonder Woman has potential to be good, real good, but can we please more on from Snyder and his "vision"? If he had his way he'd turn everyone into a CGI Slo-Mo "kick-ass killer" with metaphysical issues. He tried it once, he tried it twice, it just doesn't work. Let's let someone else try. I mean, we're talking about the same guy who killed Mercy and Jimmy just cause, wasted Doomsday and pretty-much missed the point of Superman in an attempt to make him more "realistic". Realism =/= pessimism...
Not a chance, I want to see the Snyderverse complete, like I said, I'd be okay if they bring Miller, but keep Snyder as consultant, I want to keep seeing Murder Bats, Peter Peter David Aquaman, El Flasho and whatever else he can think of.

I came to peace with the fact that characterization is not a priority here, and Superman is probably the one who suffered the most, this Superman isn't classic Superman, at one point he has a cut on his cheek given by Batman that I would've liked him to keep, this Superman is a meathead and makes mistakes, but is also good hearted and keeps trying, I'm ok with that, so keep going with this, this is bound to be rebooted anyway so Snyder needs to go historic on the fury road, I will witness him.

They can go full classic when they do Flashpoint paradox but I want to see this damn circus complete cause it's interesting as hell.

Not a chance, I want to see the Snyderverse complete, like I said, I'd be okay if they bring Miller, but keep Snyder as consultant, I want to keep seeing Murder Bats, Peter Peter David Aquaman, El Flasho and whatever else he can think of.

I came to peace with the fact that characterization is not a priority here, and Superman is probably the one who suffered the most, this Superman isn't classic Superman, at one point he has a cut on his cheek given by Batman that I would've liked him to keep, this Superman is a meathead and makes mistakes, but is also good hearted and keeps trying, I'm ok with that, so keep going with this, this is bound to be rebooted anyway so Snyder needs to go historic on the fury road, I will witness him.

They can go full classic when they do Flashpoint paradox but I want to see this damn circus complete cause it's interesting as hell.

I don't have a big problem with the feel of the movies, I put that down as a positive. But he just doesn't get this characters. If they're so different from the comics, I might as well watch ForrestFire's "Jack-Ass Justice League" stop-motions. He's so "fixed" on his views and preferences, that he doesn't sop to say, "hmm, maybe I could tone down the BS in this part". Did we really need so many theological "debates" in the movie? Especially since they went nowhere? One moment they're holding up "GOD HATES ALIENS" signs, and the next it's a national tragedy...

I don't have a big problem with the feel of the movies, I put that down as a positive. But he just doesn't get this characters. If they're so different from the comics, I might as well watch ForrestFire's "Jack-Ass Justice League" stop-motions. He's so "fixed" on his views and preferences, that he doesn't sop to say, "hmm, maybe I could tone down the BS in this part". Did we really need so many theological "debates" in the movie? Especially since they went nowhere? One moment they're holding up "GOD HATES ALIENS" signs, and the next it's a national tragedy...
I could compare the Snyderverse to the recent Timm/Dini verse, Gods and Monsters, they're very similar in their uniqueness, yet we get Timm and Dini a pass, maybe rightfully so, but even their "classic" DCAU takes many liberties.

Anyway, I enjoyed the theological stuff in BvS, I mean it's nothing new for Superman, and it's not like it's uncommon or not frequent in the comics, so I didn't mind it, especially when it includes some of my favorite parts in the movie.

Besides, it would make no sense for Snyder to backpedal and try to turn his characters into classic again, he can't, he has to go forward, so I'm on board, bring it.

Also, Terrio said JL would be lighter so I expect less theology.

I could compare the Snyderverse to the recent Timm/Dini verse, Gods and Monsters, they're very similar in their uniqueness, yet we get Timm and Dini a pass, maybe rightfully so, but even their "classic" DCAU takes many liberties.

Anyway, I enjoyed the theological stuff in BvS, I mean it's nothing new for Superman, and it's not like it's uncommon or not frequent in the comics, so I didn't mind it, especially when it includes some of my favorite parts in the movie.

Besides, it would make no sense for Snyder to backpedal and try to turn his characters into classic again, he can't, he has to go forward, so I'm on board, bring it.

Also, Terrio said JL would be lighter so I expect less theology.

I don't a problem with theological issues, I very much like the questions they pose. I have a problem with badly-done theological issues because they miss the mark. Wonder Woman needs such commentary, of course. But there's a difference between hamfisted Jesus metaphors and actual philosophy. It should be something akin to Existential Nihilism, but instead we got something along the lines of Pessimism.

With Snyder at the helm, that doesn't fill me with confidence. He's mediocre in his element, imagine how he'll be trying to make a "comedy"...

I don't a problem with theological issues, I very much like the questions they pose. I have a problem with badly-done theological issues because they miss the mark. Wonder Woman needs such commentary, of course. But there's a difference between hamfisted Jesus metaphors and actual philosophy. It should be something akin to Existential Nihilism, but instead we got something along the lines of Pessimism.
What do you think it was badly done here as far as theological allegories? I think SuperJesus is a no brainer, or atheist fedora Luthor, even if it wasn't done by Eisenberg is also a no-brainer.

What do you think it was badly done here as far as theological allegories? I think SuperJesus is a no brainer, or atheist fedora Luthor, even if it wasn't done by Eisenberg is also a no-brainer.

Well it was hamfisted and they kept repeating the same lines. I though the beginning was okay, and I went "yeah, I know where you're going, let's see" but we never "got" anywhere. Folks were afraid of Superman, he kept doubting himself and the world suddenly did an 180. You could've explored the public in more depth, you could've showed people coming to terms with, stuff like that. The DotD scene, while cheesy, was kind of a step in the right direction, but then we never progressed past that.

As for Luthor, I don't believe he was portrayed as a fedora-gentleman. More like a Deist. He doesn't believe in any particular god or worship him/her, but he obviously knows that there's something greater and far more dangerous out there. I got a crazier, evil, Tesla vibe from, TBH.

Back