Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my Wonder Woman yesterday and had a few issues to it. The pieces do not go in flush. I want to return it but afraid that I might get the same issues, if not worse.

and there is this....

sigh....this thing is plagued with issues from almost every single inhand review!

I almost wish I could slip someone at SS a few bucks to ship mine now. The "no better replacements" line is already being used and the vast majority of us have not even received her yet!

I got my Wonder Woman yesterday and had a few issues to it. The pieces do not go in flush. I want to return it but afraid that I might get the same issues, if not worse.

and there is this....

I had issues with both Catwoman and Wonder Woman in regards to the pegs. Catwoman's foot took a lot of doing to get her foot down into the base, and even more getting her out. Wonder Woman fit easily in and out of her base, but her hair peg, and the arm pegs were not going in all the way, and we're even harder to pull back out. I used Tri-Flo lubricant on all of the pegs. Spray some onto a Q-tip, and rub it onto the pegs. Everything went in much easier, and was also easier to disassemble afterwards. Tri-Flo is a spray lubricant that is used on bicycle chains. To my knowledge, it doesn't harden or damage the piece. Give that a try.

That sucks Nem. Contact SS about those issues. I had the same problem with the base. I put up a fix video a few pages back, but I basically cleaned the hole of excess resin and heated the base. Then I gently tried to ease it in. If that doesn't work, you might have to take a drill to it to drill to the depth of the peg length. Conversely, you could also try file the peg down.

As for the pegged parts, there may be excess paint in the holes. In addition to Tripletn's suggestion, you could heat up a needle or long pin and try to pick out the excess crud.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

great suggestions guys.

saw this on FB...a new one for me, the factory labelled the defects with arrows but still sent it out!

Attachments

• 1509256_10204977148523876_2124421071640742124_n.jpg
    1509256_10204977148523876_2124421071640742124_n.jpg
    30.5 KB
sigh....this thing is plagued with issues from almost every single inhand review!

I almost wish I could slip someone at SS a few bucks to ship mine now. The "no better replacements" line is already being used and the vast majority of us have not even received her yet!

I wouldn't say that. I've seen the majority of people on here and facebook get perfect ones and be completely happy. Did some have valid issues? Yes. But definitely not the majority. I don't count the little nitpickers in the group.

Wow, way to go SSC...real commitment to QC there...downright shameful...

Obviously that one was a mistake. Sucks to get one like that, but I'm sure Sideshow will fix the situation.

For every one complaint I see tons more on FB like this:

10900106_10152624554351497_52459689469030582_o.jpg

I'm not trying to defend Sideshow to the fullest for the obvious errors when things arrive broken or when that guy gets the factory defect, but I'm also not going to simply just post pictures of the defective ones and not show the majority ones that come out good. All that does is incite the freaks to go nuts and the never ending merry-go-round of negativity goes on and on.

I think we all need to start putting the good with the bad and not just point out flaws. That only makes the piece look like a train wreck when the truth couldn't even be any further.

And btw, I'm not even getting this piece. I just am tired of people taking the time to highlight negatives and that goes for any collectible and any collectible company. It really takes the fun out of this hobby and all these forums.

I wouldn't say that. I've seen the majority of people on here and facebook get perfect ones and be completely happy. Did some have valid issues? Yes. But definitely not the majority. I don't count the little nitpickers in the group.

little nitpicks? can you elaborate with examples please?

Other than maybe 1 person having eyes that are not perfect I would argue the vast majority have valid concerns. pieces not sitting flush, bad paint apps, broken pieces etc.

little nitpicks? can you elaborate with examples please?

Other than maybe 1 person having eyes that are not perfect I would argue the vast majority have valid concerns. pieces not sitting flush, bad paint apps, broken pieces etc.

I'm not going to search all of FB and post every example here, but I can find tons of cases where the owners are happy as a clam. I'm not saying the broken pieces aren't I concern, I mentioned that, but that's mainly a shipping/packaging error. Taken as a whole, the piece is well executed.

I'm not going to search all of FB and post every example here, but I can find tons of cases where the owners are happy as a clam. I'm not saying the broken pieces aren't I concern, I mentioned that, but that's mainly a shipping/packaging error. Taken as a whole, the piece is well executed.

there are certainly people who received a good one.

But, compared to the other DC offerings from SS, this thing is a train wreck. Yes batman had the arm pit issue (which I did not think was a big deal) but we did not have the same breadth of issues with superman, joker, poison ivy (either of them), catwoman, or harley.

A tiny percentage of the thousands who ordered this have received it so far and SS is already saying they are running out of good replacements. If that does not call into question the quality control for this piece I don't know what does...

Back