Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the problem is they made too many with so much intricate detail and had to get them out quickly not really checking possible issues. It's a shame cause she is so beautiful and I can't wait to get mine.

I think you're exaggerating the "train wreck" here. Highly exaggerating.

in comparison to the other DC statues Sideshow has produced, I stand by my statement.

I wonder if a rep could chime in to speak to whether the same factory was used.

I think the problem is they made too many with so much intricate detail and had to get them out quickly not really checking possible issues. It's a shame cause she is so beautiful and I can't wait to get mine.

Agreed with this. Proto reveal was shown December 2013, PO on February 2014, quickest expected release was September 2014. Doesn't seem like a lot of time. Don't get me wrong, I really like it and want it now; but a don't think that time frame was beneficial.

It would be nice if Sideshow would take the initiative to visit the factory in China and randomly check 20 of them
before they are shipped to their warehouse to see how nicely they were done. That way they can catch those quality control issues and we would be getting a little better PFs.

Obviously that one was a mistake. Sucks to get one like that, but I'm sure Sideshow will fix the situation.

For every one complaint I see tons more on FB like this:

10900106_10152624554351497_52459689469030582_o.jpg

I'm not trying to defend Sideshow to the fullest for the obvious errors when things arrive broken or when that guy gets the factory defect, but I'm also not going to simply just post pictures of the defective ones and not show the majority ones that come out good. All that does is incite the freaks to go nuts and the never ending merry-go-round of negativity goes on and on.

I think we all need to start putting the good with the bad and not just point out flaws. That only makes the piece look like a train wreck when the truth couldn't even be any further.
And btw, I'm not even getting this piece. I just am tired of people taking the time to highlight negatives and that goes for any collectible and any collectible company. It really takes the fun out of this hobby and all these forums.

Agreed. :goodpost: It really does take the fun out of this hobby.

Freaks should voice any and all complaints but they need to do so in a constructive way.

I'm not going to search all of FB and post every example here, but I can find tons of cases where the owners are happy as a clam. I'm not saying the broken pieces aren't I concern, I mentioned that, but that's mainly a shipping/packaging error. Taken as a whole, the piece is well executed.

I extremely happy with mine. :lecture I have a very slight minuscule gap between the right foot and base but it's barely noticeable & I can live with it.

Are you shocked? :lol

I'm not. This is Sideshow Freaks after all. :lol

I had issues with both Catwoman and Wonder Woman in regards to the pegs. Catwoman's foot took a lot of doing to get her foot down into the base, and even more getting her out. Wonder Woman fit easily in and out of her base, but her hair peg, and the arm pegs were not going in all the way, and we're even harder to pull back out. I used Tri-Flo lubricant on all of the pegs. Spray some onto a Q-tip, and rub it onto the pegs. Everything went in much easier, and was also easier to disassemble afterwards. Tri-Flo is a spray lubricant that is used on bicycle chains. To my knowledge, it doesn't harden or damage the piece. Give that a try.

Thanks for the input bro! I will try this instead of using a drill. Thats is if I decide not to return this one.

That sucks Nem. Contact SS about those issues. I had the same problem with the base. I put up a fix video a few pages back, but I basically cleaned the hole of excess resin and heated the base. Then I gently tried to ease it in. If that doesn't work, you might have to take a drill to it to drill to the depth of the peg length. Conversely, you could also try file the peg down.

As for the pegged parts, there may be excess paint in the holes. In addition to Tripletn's suggestion, you could heat up a needle or long pin and try to pick out the excess crud.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man! Are you spanish fly on youtube? If so, I saw that and quite honestly, I want to be as my last resort. I do not have steady hands.

Thanks man! Are you spanish fly on youtube? If so, I saw that and quite honestly, I want to be as my last resort. I do not have steady hands.

Yeah, I put that vid up as some people had peg issues with their bases as well. But I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I won't lie that I was sweating bullets as I was doing the drilling. :lol. But as long as you have someone else holding on to the base and you slowly drill to the length of the peg, you should be ok. Just don't try to force the peg down without at least warming up the base area.

Here is Truefaith's post that I was following.

STATUE M A R V E L S - View Single Post - Statue pegs hard to get in hole - current Bowens?

Good luck man. Hope that helps you out.

Yeah, I put that vid up as some people had peg issues with their bases as well. But I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I won't lie that I was sweating bullets as I was doing the drilling. :lol. But as long as you have someone else holding on to the base and you slowly drill to the length of the peg, you should be ok. Just don't try to force the peg down without at least warming up the base area.

Here is Truefaith's post that I was following.

STATUE M A R V E L S - View Single Post - Statue pegs hard to get in hole - current Bowens?

Good luck man. Hope that helps you out.

Thanks again! I will have to try that if this Tri Flo does not work. Or I might just have to find somebody local where I live to do this for me.

Back