Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

#1401 has arrived. Two problem areas on mine. Looks like someone tried a couple quick fixes with grinder on her chest piece and arm. Unfortunate because besides those two areas she is absolutely gorgeous :love. I'll send some pics to sideshow and see what they say.

Got mine today also (#223). She could have been so perfect.

Her right foot won't fit all the way into the base because her left foot prevents it from going in any further. So she's really not that stable.

Plus, the paint on the base is cracked and has actually flaked off in places.

That sucks Nem. Contact SS about those issues. I had the same problem with the base. I put up a fix video a few pages back, but I basically cleaned the hole of excess resin and heated the base. Then I gently tried to ease it in. If that doesn't work, you might have to take a drill to it to drill to the depth of the peg length. Conversely, you could also try file the peg down.

As for the pegged parts, there may be excess paint in the holes. In addition to Tripletn's suggestion, you could heat up a needle or long pin and try to pick out the excess crud.

Hope that helps.

For me, the left foot up on the base won't allow the right foot to go down any further.

Yeah, my piece goes all the way into the base and sits flush. I actually had no problems putting her in the base at all. I had more issues with her hair and spear hand. It was tight with the spear hand and hair but eventually (with a little force), everything fit. Wish they would have used magnets for all the switch out parts.

Do you have any issues with the pegs, thats a common complaint i hear from almost everyone?

Her right foot goes all the way down into the base and as a result her raised left foot sits correctly on the column. On her raised foot foot the heel actually slips into a little space carved out for it.

Her right foot goes all the way down into the base and as a result her raised left foot sits correctly on the column. On her raised foot foot the heel actually slips into a little space carved out for it.

Its good to know someone got a good statue, I envy you lol

Its good to know someone got a good statue, I envy you lol

The peg issue happens a lot, and usually it's because something is actually in the peg hole. Happened with my Superman PF. He didn't want to go all the way down into the base. I took him off the base, took a Q-tip with a small amount of alcohol and cleaned the peg holes. He went right into the base after that. From that point on I now automatically clean the peg holes out before I even take the figure out of the box and if all else fails a very small amount of vaseline usually fixes the issue.

The peg issue happens a lot, and usually it's because something is actually in the peg hole. Happened with my Superman PF. He didn't want to go all the way down into the base. I took him off the base, took a Q-tip with a small amount of alcohol and cleaned the peg holes. He went right into the base after that. From that point on I now automatically clean the peg holes out before I even take the figure out of the box and if all else fails a very small amount of vaseline usually fixes the issue.

Thats a good idea, if i keep my ww i'll do the same thing. Though i would consider myself lucky if my wonder woman only had peg issues lol.

Yo crimsinwing1989, I guess ours are coming very soon. Are you excited? LOL. :clap

Can't say i am :(, actually i'm on the edge of cancellation new issue are showing up with this piece left and right, i saw that guy earlier who received a statue with arrows pointing out the flaws on the statue, thats a new level of i don't give a f#$% by the companies lol.

MY Wonder Woman has a chip on her ax arm, chipping around the arm itself and neither arm seems to fit right. However I love her and the rest of the statue is near flawless. I was especially worried about the face cause I thought it looked goofy in a lot of pics (might just not photograph well). Bottom line no way I'm sending her back. The chipping sucks but I can deal with it cause the rest of the statue is beautiful.
IMG_0206.JPGIMG_0210.JPGIMG_0208.JPG

Can't say i am :(, actually i'm on the edge of cancellation new issue are showing up with this piece left and right, i saw that guy earlier who received a statue with arrows pointing out the flaws on the statue, thats a new level of i don't give a f#$% by the companies lol.

Hi. Yeah those were obvious issues that Sideshow can't say anything about. Sideshow is good, they will do whatever it TAKES to SATISFY the customer. Thank God we live in the USA. With those obvious issues, Sideshow will refund you and send via email a UPS pre-paid label to send it back. I got that straight from Sideshow. In my case, if I have to send it back, I won't ask for a replacement cause as with a real girl you only give her 1 chance.

marvelousmuncy, You should still ask for a replacement...even if they just offer you credit that would be nice. Don't just accept the flaws because she's beautiful. Even if you keep her, its worth letting them know because it's still inexcusable to send us flawed pieces. I will definitely keep mine if she looks like yours but I'm not going to just look the other way if there are flaws.

If I may interject, those small chips are easy fixes with epoxy filler you get from a hobby shop and with some modest painting skills using an airbrush and masking the areas you don't want paint, you can make her even better than how you got her.

Hi. Yeah those were obvious issues that Sideshow can't say anything about. Sideshow is good, they will do whatever it TAKES to SATISFY the customer. Thank God we live in the USA. With those obvious issues, Sideshow will refund you and send via email a UPS pre-paid label to send it back. I got that straight from Sideshow. In my case, if I have to send it back, I won't ask for a replacement cause as with a real girl you only give her 1 chance.

lol Yea i spoke to sideshow a few months back on the phone and they were very helpful, i believe sideshow is a great company with spectacular artist but unfortunately this whole situation has just left a bad taste in my mouth, also i have no doubt that sideshow will do whatevers in there capability to help with whatever issue i have, but for me thats part of the problem is that there has been so many issues that when/if i get it i'll be looking for problems (if that makes any sense).

lol Yea i spoke to sideshow a few months back on the phone and they were very helpful, i believe sideshow is a great company with spectacular artist but unfortunately this whole situation has just left a bad taste in my mouth, also i have no doubt that sideshow will do whatevers in there capability to help with whatever issue i have, but for me thats part of the problem is that there has been so many issues that when/if i get it i'll be looking for problems (if that makes any sense).

LOL. Yeah it has been pounded into our heads so much that we have been conditioned now to think we will get a bad piece. But I tell you the more I look at her, the more I want her. Aside from Lynda Carter, I can't get over how gorgeous that statue is. She looks like a goddess.

Back