Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not like back in the day. Those clamshells could take a beating.

the-jungle-book-vhs-1991-rare-black-diamond-classic-edition-bc9ed4ec11339fe926daa99e92cac69e.jpg

Can I ask what may be perceived as a dumb question? What is the benefit of getting a steelbook? Is it simply that it's the nicest way to go about starting a blu-ray collection?

Can I ask what may be perceived as a dumb question? What is the benefit of getting a steelbook? Is it simply that it's the nicest way to go about starting a blu-ray collection?

Some of them are "limited edition", and therefore collectible. I enjoy the thrill of the hunt on release day to find a nice unscathed steelbook. They feel and look nice in hand, basically they have a cool factor. In reality it's just packaging with the same disc inside, no real benefit.

Some of them are "limited edition", and therefore collectible. I enjoy the thrill of the hunt on release day to find a nice unscathed steelbook. They feel and look nice in hand, basically they have a cool factor. In reality it's just packaging with the same disc inside, no real benefit.

Thanks for the the reply. I was just curious and wasn't sure if they came with "extras" that are only available via steelbook. In all honesty I don't even own a bluray player. My dad is a big collector of dvds, so anytime I've wanted to watch something I just borrow from him. Definitely saves me money, but I eventually want to go bluray with my own collection and these steelbooks indeed have a "cool factor."

Just got my shipping notice from Best Buy about the Civil War steelbooks. I ordered 2 but somehow I'm getting 4. It shows on my account that I ordered 2 on one day, and 2 more the next, which is BS.

Ugh. Oh well, when I take them back to the store, I'll have them give me the new price since they charged me $30 apiece for them.

Just got my shipping notice from Best Buy about the Civil War steelbooks. I ordered 2 but somehow I'm getting 4. It shows on my account that I ordered 2 on one day, and 2 more the next, which is BS.

Ugh. Oh well, when I take them back to the store, I'll have them give me the new price since they charged me $30 apiece for them.

I also got my order doubled, just received 2 Steelbooks. If this happened to you and me, I'm betting it happened to a lot of others as well.

If I got charged twice, I'll be pissed, if BB sent out a ton of doubled orders and nobody was charged, I'm guessing at least one person at BB will lose his job over this.

Back