Zack Snyder's Rebel Moon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way too much thought being put into this movie that not even Zach thinks it requires lol

80s sexy sweaty Sci-Fi Fantasy TRASH!

Not everything has to be freaking high art.

Boobs and gore in space, yes please.

This is Battle Beyond the Stars and Star Crash with much better effects and gore.

I wasn't impressed with the gore.

I hate CGI blood. It looks fake, it always looks fake, our brains KNOW it's fake.

I understand it's a lot easier (and safer) than shooting with squibs, but the end results are crappy. Studios love it cause they get the "R-rated" version and the PG-13 version filmed at the same time.

(No, Snyder did not invent the concept. Pretty much all movies do alternate takes for TV edits.)

Whatsherface's boobs were very nice though.

Hold on… there’s… boobs in this? Snyder may be in to something here .
Oh Yeah Flirt GIF by Wahala Room

The Seneschal podcast episode 2 is now available for anyone following that:

For people that get a kick out of new vocabulary words, see definition of the term “seneschal” here.

Last edited:
I’ve never seen Atomic Blonde, how did I miss this! 😱
What?! Never seen it?
Dude, it's reffing awesome! One of the best spy/action flicks ever. It's a crime that people didn't flock to see it.
Also, the 80's soundtrack is epic.
And yes, Charlize and Sofia. :love

What?! Never seen it?
Dude, it's reffing awesome! One of the best spy/action flicks ever. It's a crime that people didn't flock to see it.
I didn't like it. too much quick cuts and shaky cam. it was kind of annoying

What?! Never seen it?

Thanks for the reminder, it’s on my shortlist of to-watch films that I somehow have managed not to watch yet and have bought disks for.

Atomic Blond
The Northman
The Revenant
Kingdom of Heaven (ultimate cut)
Oppenheimer
Tenet
One-Eyed Jacks
Barry Lyndon
Watership Down

Plus giving a second watch to films that impressed me on the first watch.

Cloud Atlas
The Woman King

Sorry for the tangent, I couldn’t resist. But anyway, I was disappointed in Aeon Flux which also featured Charlize Theron. I guess every so often they capture lightning in a bottle like with Atomic Blond, but apparently it’s the exception rather than the rule.

Way too much thought being put into this movie that not even Zach thinks it requires lol

80s sexy sweaty Sci-Fi Fantasy TRASH!

Not everything has to be freaking high art.

Boobs and gore in space, yes please.

This is Battle Beyond the Stars and Star Crash with much better effects and gore.
But what you're describing is an 80s B-movie with a larger budget, and if ZS sold it as that then he wouldn't have been able to attract the A-List talent that he landed for the lead roles like......like.....umm.....Charlie Hunnam? :unsure:

That scene with the guy taming the griffin thing was one of the dumbest scenes I've seen in a movie in recent memory.

Making and remaking movies like these are where Zach Snyder belongs. I'll never see any of them but god bless the guy for not being involved in projects I actually feel compelled to watch like something involving Batman.

Thanks for the reminder, it’s on my shortlist of to-watch films that I somehow have managed not to watch yet and have bought disks for.

Atomic Blond
The Northman

The Revenant
Kingdom of Heaven (ultimate cut)
Oppenheimer

Tenet
One-Eyed Jacks
Barry Lyndon
Watership Down

Plus giving a second watch to films that impressed me on the first watch.

Cloud Atlas
The Woman King

Sorry for the tangent, I couldn’t resist. But anyway, I was disappointed in Aeon Flux which also featured Charlize Theron. I guess every so often they capture lightning in a bottle like with Atomic Blond, but apparently it’s the exception rather than the rule.
That's quite an important to watch list...
Atomic Blonde is quite brilliant, if you like action films you have to enjoy it.
The Northman was a bit of a letdown... it didn't manage to impress me like some of his other films.
The Revenant is amazing. I think DiCaprio should have got an Oscar for other movies, but this is still brilliant.
Scott's DC of Kingdom of Heaven is a bit of a mixed bag... overall better, but there is a scene which works soooooo much better in the theatrical cut that I simply have no idea why they would choose to change it.
Barry Lyndon is a masterpiece. Not much else I can say about it.

That scene with the guy taming the griffin thing was one of the dumbest scenes I've seen in a movie in recent memory.

I respect opinions and reactions that are different than mine, so God bless. But I think it’s metaphorical. I liked it.

Making and remaking movies like these are where Zach Snyder belongs. I'll never see any of them but god bless the guy for not being involved in projects I actually feel compelled to watch like something involving Batman.
If he hadn't made the best movie with Batman in it you may have had a point.

That's quite an important to watch list...
Atomic Blonde is quite brilliant, if you like action films you have to enjoy it.
The Northman was a bit of a letdown... it didn't manage to impress me like some of his other films.
The Revenant is amazing. I think DiCaprio should have got an Oscar for other movies, but this is still brilliant.
Scott's DC of Kingdom of Heaven is a bit of a mixed bag... overall better, but there is a scene which works soooooo much better in the theatrical cut that I simply have no idea why they would choose to change it.
Barry Lyndon is a masterpiece. Not much else I can say about it.
I'm totally with you there on the Revenant and The Northman. Revenant is amazing and The Northman did nothing me.

just curious is there anything Snyder did that you didn't like?

Yes, I disliked the Owls movie. Even if it’s a metaphor for the civil rights movement (? or so some have said) it just doesn’t make me care about the characters or how things turn out for them. Dawn of the Dead and Army of the Dead don’t do anything for me. They’re competently made I just find that I can’t get into them, I guess mainly because I’m not into horror or the zombie apocalypse genre. (Although I did kind of like World War Z.) Sucker Punch has some interesting themes going on. But it’s trying to do too much conceptually, and for that reason fails to establish a grounded sort of connection to me. So I have no interest in ever rewatching those four films.

So that’s nearly half of his filmography that I either dislike or can’t get into.

Man of Steel, BvS, and ZSJL, especially as a trilogy to be watched in one go or over three nights, have huge rewatchability for me. That’s a really fun experience for me in fact. BvS is my favorite superhero film of all time for reasons that I have explained many times.

I really like 300 and Watchmen (Ultimate Cut) a lot. I enjoyed them even more on rewatches.

And I enjoy Rebel Moon. I disregard the PG13 cuts which should never have been made. Anyway, it has rewatchability for me despite its flaws. I like its characters, story, and worldbuilding.

Back