Zack Snyder's Rebel Moon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I disliked the Owls movie. Even if it’s a metaphor for the civil rights movement (? or so some have said) it just doesn’t make me care about the characters or how things turn out for them. Dawn of the Dead and Army of the Dead don’t do anything for me. They’re competently made I just find that I can’t get into them, I guess mainly because I’m not into horror or the zombie apocalypse genre. (Although I did kind of like World War Z.) Sucker Punch has some interesting themes going on. But it’s trying to do too much conceptually, and for that reason fails to establish a grounded sort of connection to me. So I have no interest in ever rewatching those four films.

So that’s nearly half of his filmography that I either dislike or can’t get into.

Man of Steel, BvS, and ZSJL, especially as a trilogy to be watched in one go or over three nights, have huge rewatchability for me. That’s a really fun experience for me in fact. BvS is my favorite superhero film of all time for reasons that I have explained many times.

I really like 300 and Watchmen (Ultimate Cut) a lot. I enjoyed them even more on rewatches.

And I enjoy Rebel Moon. I disregard the PG13 cuts which should never have been made. Anyway, it has rewatchability for me despite its flaws. I like its characters, story, and worldbuilding.
I'm similar on Sucker Punch and Army of the Dead. Owls was fine. 300 and DOTD are good.
Watchmen is fantastic.

MoS, BvS and ZSJL are prefection.

I should be able to watch Rebel Moon this Sunday. I'm not expecting perfection or even fantastic. I'll be fine with good. The reviews certainly seem better.

The best live action deconstruction of the superhero genre featuring Batman as a main character?
Who bvs? Not even close . None of snyders movies featuring Batman were good. The only thing Snyder did right was the suit and the fighting style . Batman doesn’t need to be deconstructed nor do any other heroes. They are fine.
The Batman, Nolan and even burton did much better.

meh Affleck was good but the whole "'Tired batman" trope doesn;t do it for me. Hated it in tdkr and hated it there. Did he have potientail? yea. But the movies that featured him were terrible and he didn't leave a lasting impression like say Bale or Keaton.

No he wasn’t
there was no change between Batman and Bruce Wayne. exactly the same personality. same moody acting. I get that Gotham is dark and dangerous, but emo batman only had one emotion. and he acted the same way in twilight and in Water for Horses.

there was no change between Batman and Bruce Wayne. exactly the same personality. same moody acting. I get that Gotham is dark and dangerous, but emo batman only had one emotion. and he acted the same way in twilight and in Water for Horses.
I can't believe I'm defending The Batman but do you not think it can work, them being almost the same until he wants to 'use' the character of Bruce Wayne?

I can't believe I'm defending The Batman but do you not think it can work, them being almost the same until he wants to 'use' the character of Bruce Wayne?
but it's not a writing choice, pattison just had one demeanor. like I said, twilight, water for elephants, Cosmopolis. the lighthouse.
he might have been in good movies but he couldn't ever play a Bruce Wayne like Ben Affleck or bale. there was no change in pattison from all his roles. just moody

Who bvs? Not even close . None of snyders movies featuring Batman were good. The only thing Snyder did right was the suit and the fighting style . Batman doesn’t need to be deconstructed nor do any other heroes. They are fine.
The Batman, Nolan and even burton did much better.

It’s cool with me if deconstruction isn’t what some or even many want. My only issue is with that becoming the real reason for pronouncing it “bad.” I respect that you can cite reasons why you believe it’s poorly made. But for all of those I can counter with the case that it is actually well executed for what is intended. No need to rehash all that endlessly I’m as weary of it as you are! But just making the point that something being what you dislike doesn’t make it poorly executed.

Last edited:
Pattinson was fine for the script and direction he was given. But I was struck by the fact almost every supporting actor in the film seemed to have more charisma and outshone him!

i can say this
pattison was a good batman an he plays a good vampire, I actually like the twilight movies outside of the romance stuff. the backstory with the werewolves was cool.
pattison did ok as Batman.
Affleck did great as both Bruce Wayne and batman. Keaton was great on both. Ive always like kilmers Bruce Wayne but he played a boring Batman.
bale for me was the greatest fake Bruce Wayne. he posted it perfectly. he played it perfect.
no one else not even Keaton did as well as bale playing the party boy Bruce Wayne. but Keaton played the best batman. Affleck is a good medium rare version.

It’s cool with me if deconstruction isn’t what some or even many want. My only issue is with that becoming the real reason for pronouncing it “bad.” I respect that you can cite reasons why you believe it’s poorly made. But for all of those I can counter with the case that it is actually well executed for what is intended. No need to rehash all that endlessly I’m as weary of it as you are! But just making the point that something being what you dislike doesn’t make it poorly executed.
Cool but saying it’s the “best” when it’s not is obviously your opinion. To me it was a terrible execution and far from the best Batman. See that’s the thing. Fans of his say “oh yea he’s the best and he deconstructed” or whatever but when you say no it sucked then it’s an issue. If you’re going to say something silly like that then be prepared for criticism.
So yea it’s a forum if I see something I don’t agree with I can comment .

Last edited:
He is young and still traumatized still trying to figure things out.

Also I never got the “emo” stuff. Batman is mopey and wears all black. People just say “emo” cause if the black eye makeup and messy hair he had which is realistic. All the batmen should have had that. When they took off the mask there hair was fine and the black eye make up was gone. Which was silly

Also I never got the “emo” stuff. Batman is mopey and wears all black. People just say “emo” cause if the black eye makeup and messy hair he had which is realistic. All the batmen should have had that. When they took off the mask there hair was fine and the black eye make up was gone. Which was silly
emo because he's always brooding. never smiled. never nice to Alfred. never nice to Gordon or Catwoman. not heroic. always mopey. always upset. angry outbursts.

yes batman is dark and serious and angry. but he was always warm to Alfred. like I said. there's no difference between Bruce and batman with pattison. and that's because of his acting range. ( he ironically played a good Bruce Wayne in TENET)

affleck and bale were warm towards Alfred. and wonder woman. and Gordon. it was subtle but it was there. that's what makes batman interesting.
the point of becoming batman was to save people and scare the criminals. pattison didn't feel like the saving type.

Cool but saying it’s the “best” when it’s not is obviously your opinion. To me it was a terrible execution and far from the best Batman. See that’s the thing. Fans of his say “oh yea he’s the best and he deconstructed” or whatever but when you say no it sucked then it’s an issue. If you’re going to say something silly like that then be prepared for criticism.
So yea it’s a forum if I see something I don’t agree with I can comment .

Do you not see the irony here?

Hard pass! He looked like a drag queen.

Back