1:1 Iron man Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh he was just playing...lighten up guys. now if he said something about walking into his office and work and.......that would a different story. but enough of that.

bring on the 1:1 Iron Man bust SS!!!!!! (with no defects!)

Unapologetically, if a guy is going as far as saying that he'll kill himself if the paint isn't right, serious or not, has made a fricking dumb post.

Again, I repeat. His post is the dumbest one I have read in a long time.

EAsports08, doesn't mean you're dumb. Just means you made a ridiculously stupid post. If I like a person or not, I will call them on something like that. That's all.

You guys didn't hear that they're waiting for Iron Man 2 movie release?

Q4? I guarantee you that means they'll ship in mid December and will not be in full release until sometime in January. Some of the SoCal collectors who bought direct will have them in between Christmas and New Years but this is a 2009 broad release....I have a strong feeling along those lines.

Well More time to collect funds for All the Stuff Comming + Nice Chrismas Gift:D

depending on when this is actually shipped, i may end up cancelling :(

it's not that i don't want it, but i have nowhere to display it.

Q4? I guarantee you that means they'll ship in mid December and will not be in full release until sometime in January. Some of the SoCal collectors who bought direct will have them in between Christmas and New Years but this is a 2009 broad release....I have a strong feeling along those lines.

I disagree. The ship date has always been 4th quarter of 2008.

The original ship dates are still there..

Shipping Update: This item will arrive to our warehouse in split shipments, estimated to begin in Late September 2008 and extending through October into November 2008. Late September to November of 2008 is the 4th quarter.

They just didn't label it as September anymore since it's being shipped out in probably the last week of September, and we'll get two more ship dates which definitely put us in the 4th quarter. This pretty much is a date that attacks all our shipments. So when a person reads September and their's ships out in November, they aren't wondering what the hold up is. Remember, not everyone posts on these forums that purchase SideShow product.

Having said all of that, we have yet to see a notice. But we also have received two week notices without the 30 day notice. I think we'll receive this item before Christmas.

I'm thinking of cancelling mine too. All the anticipation for this is fading away for me... I might pick it up for cheaper price on Ebay down the road.

I canceled mine awhile ago. I decided I don't need to spend $700 on this piece.

That's IF, and a big one if you can get one cheaper on eBay.

Yeah, I HIGHLY doubt that this will be selling for much less on eBay. I know some retailers have been selling pre-orders for as low as $630, but I don't think you're gonna be picking this one up "cheap"....

Overpriced, by whom? :confused:

Actually from some of the show pics (non professional ones at SDCC) it looks phenomenal.

+1 At first I was SOOO skeptical about spending $700 on this. But after seeing more and more pics on this, it grew on me and I KNOW that I'll be satisfied with it :) 1:1 busts are so great :D

I have to say i was considering the piece but having seen it in person i decided to spend the money on the 1:1 Mark 2 and Mark 3 helms instead.

Don't get me wrong, it was awesome. Just felt a little smaller than 1:1 scale.

Imho this is the only product from Sideshow's loooong list of recent releases that has grail potential because it really is timeless. You look at it and it can't really be improved because it's just like the original prop, much like the Alien Warrior Bust or Darkness. Every new generation will remember the first IM movie as pretty cool and may want that bust eventually. And Sideshow realized it, that's why it's open edition. Still, once they retire it, it will inevitably become scarce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back