1/6 Batman: TAS figures coming from Mondo...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup! He’s been on every release since Harley!

Aaaaaah. Good move on Mondo then. Hope the guy is getting paid good money. I've always liked the improvements he did and the BTAS inspired customs he created. It really captures the animated look.

It's still not enough for me to jump back on the Mondo train though. I hope the rest of you keep enjoying the line though.

Ivy secured.

https://mondoshop.com/products/batman-the-animated-series-poison-ivy-1-6-scale-figure-timed-edition

nVUuk1e.jpeg

I’ll be honest: normally, I shy away from the idea of remakes and 2.0s, lest a company become Hot Toys, but a part of me looks at all of the releases Mondo’s come out with since this line first started, sees stuff like the new X-Men ‘97 Wolverine remake they’re doing, and would love to see legit remakes by their new sculpting/painting teams of Batman & Catwoman. Batman because I feel like he’s always been sort of a point of contention for a lot of people and, while I know we got the Redux, I feel like he had so many appearances and accessories throughout the shows run that there’s enough there to justify a totally different release (maybe alternate torsos, for if they made a Batcycle, or if they wanted to do the bare chested sword fighting Ra’s look as an exclusive?). Plus, there’s nothing to say they couldn’t make sure any new heads were compatible with the O.G. so as to incentivize it for previous owners.

Catwoman’s another one. Their female figures have improved so much since Zelu joined the fold. I liked her enough when she came out, but that Selina head in particular was very much serving “blow-up doll” and, honestly, since, has even gone on to be surpassed by the Adventures Continue Catwoman at half the size and a fraction of the price from DC Collectibles. Of course, they seem to have kept the regular versions of those figures sort of evergreen, so, I’m not sure how likely it is they would absorb new tooling and production costs when they can just keep churning out the previous molds, but it’d definitely be interesting to see.

I’m hyped to pre-order Ivy, though. I know it’s got its detractors and, in terms of QC and the like, for good reason, but never in my wildest dreams did I think we’d see this sort of expansion of the line and I’m really excited to see how it develops.
Do you recall what made them want to remake the wolverine? I'm on the fence on getting Catwoman just due to the head sculpts looking off compared to the other BTAS figures. Would love for them to give her a 2.0.

Do you recall what made them want to remake the wolverine? I'm on the fence on getting Catwoman just due to the head sculpts looking off compared to the other BTAS figures. Would love for them to give her a 2.0.
I think, ironically enough, the opposite of the case for TAS Batman. Their O.G. Wolverine release is a lot taller than everyone’s favorite diminutive Canadian should be comparative to his fellow X-Men and the new one seeks to address that while also adding general improvements to the sculpt/design side of things (like giving folks a Logan head more evocative of their SDCC flannel release than the original figure’s). Catwoman’s still a great figure and I still thoroughly enjoy both the O.G. Batman and the redux, even though I feel like there’s room for improvement.

If you want her represented, I’d say to go for it because, like I said, I don’t see an upgrade coming when you can still buy the regular through their shop.

I got the timed exclusive, i wanted the kiss face too much.

I'll pair this with my Mondo Catwoman and that's a wrap for me with this line. I like these figures, but they are SO expensive.

I think, ironically enough, the opposite of the case for TAS Batman. Their O.G. Wolverine release is a lot taller than everyone’s favorite diminutive Canadian should be comparative to his fellow X-Men and the new one seeks to address that while also adding general improvements to the sculpt/design side of things (like giving folks a Logan head more evocative of their SDCC flannel release than the original figure’s). Catwoman’s still a great figure and I still thoroughly enjoy both the O.G. Batman and the redux, even though I feel like there’s room for improvement.

If you want her represented, I’d say to go for it because, like I said, I don’t see an upgrade coming when you can still buy the regular through their shop.
Thanks for the info batfan. I started this line late, so doing some catching up. I guess I will have to settle with the existing Catwoman. Would be a cool thing if Mondo did a resculpt of the head only and sell that. Since the body and everything is spot on.

Don;t really collect too much women figures, but this is so well done.

My favorite episode is when she appeared with Harvey Dent and led to his downfall. I think I remembered that right.

Is Poison Ivy’s skin tone supposed to be as tan as the Mondo figure?

The Collecting Weekly podcast mentioned she looked too dark. Might be the lighting in the promo pics but she does look a tad too tan.

Googling the images of Ivy, seems like her skin tone varies from episode to episode.

Interested in getting Ivy and Scarecrow(that joker rat is too good)Need Beyond as well, one of my grail figures.When do you think the Batman Beyond would go up for order?

Interested in getting Ivy and Scarecrow(that joker rat is too good)Need Beyond as well, one of my grail figures.When do you think the Batman Beyond would go up for order?
Maybe this month, hopefully! Ivy was listed for a Summer release, Scarecrow is, rightfully, listed for October release, Clayface, I believe, is Winter, and Beyond was listed as a “Fall 2024” release, so, I feel like he could either be September or November, if the cards on display at SDCC are to be believed.

Ivy will be my introduction to this line. Ordered 2 bc I can never quite decide whether I’m an in-box or out-of-box collector.

Yup! He’s been on every release since Harley!

It’s pretty cool to see how close this release is to his ZBrush concept from 2022.

While every aspect of the final sculpt is an improvement over the early concept, I so wish we would have gotten that portrait wearing the wide-brimmed hat from Almost Got ‘Im. It’s the only episode she was prominently featured in that isn’t represented by any of the accessories. Although, considering how fantastic of a set of accessories we’re getting (and how many), it’s almost preposterous to even bring this up.
Couldn’t be happier with how she turned out.

Last edited:
I’ve taken some screenshots of her accessories as they appeared in the show. I’ve also tried to look out for frames that may have been used as references for her portraits, but except for the ones inspiring the kissing portrait, these are a little vaguer.
BTAS_Poison Ivy_01_EX.jpg
  • Single Rose:
EP-05_01.jpg EP-29_03.jpg
(Pretty Poison, Eternal Youth)
  • Potted Roses:
EP-05_02.jpg EP-81_01.jpg
(Pretty Poison, Harley's Holiday)
  • Crossbow:
EP-05_06.jpg EP-29_06.jpg EP-56_04.jpg EP-68_02.jpg
(Pretty Poison, Eternal Youth, Harley and Ivy, Trial)
  • Lipstick:
EP-05_04.jpg
(Pretty Poison)
  • Pesticide Tank + Pesticide Spray Gun (what Mondo calls pesticide is actually a formula containing the so-called Demetrite growth enzyme):
EP-29_01.jpg EP-29_02.jpg
(Eternal Youth)
  • Canister (her Demetrite growth enzyme):
EP-29_08.jpg EP-29_09.jpg
(Eternal Youth)
  • Plant Heart Pod:
EP-56_02.jpg EP-56_03.jpg
(Harley and Ivy)
  • Potted Plants:
EP-56_07.jpg EP-56_08.jpg
(Harley and Ivy)
  • Ivy's Children:
EP-70_02.jpg EP-70_03.jpg
(House & Garden)
  • Smiling Portrait:
EP-41_03.jpg
(Joker's Wild)
  • Angry Portrait:
EP-68_04.jpg
(Trial)
  • Neutral Portrait:
EP-05_05.jpg EP-28_01.jpg EP-56_05.jpg EP-68_03.jpg EP-82_01.jpg
(Pretty Poison, Dreams in Darkness, Harley and Ivy, Trial, Lock-Up)
  • Kissing Portrait:
EP-05_03.jpg EP-05_04.jpg EP-05_07.jpg EP-29_04.jpg EP-56_10.jpg EP-70_01.jpg
(Pretty Poison x3, Eternal Youth, Harley and Ivy, House & Garden)

Last edited:
I’ve gone back and forth on the line so many times. Part of me would love to but then I just find the prices hard to justify for what the figures are.

Also hate that any Batman: The Animated Series figures have to have the cel shaded look. I don’t think it translates to figure form well and I wish both Mondo and McFarlane would get away from it.

I’ve gone back and forth on the line so many times. Part of me would love to but then I just find the prices hard to justify for what the figures are.

Also hate that any Batman: The Animated Series figures have to have the cel shaded look. I don’t think it translates to figure form well and I wish both Mondo and McFarlane would get away from it.
What should the figures cost? I think ALL 1/6 are over priced. Hot Toys should be less than 240 for example.

Third parties should be 99-150 depending...

Mondo BTAS are fully scuplted, sculpting is more costly than clothing, but I think 220-250 is too high myself, yet, plastic costs more and they include 3-5 heads typically.

Back