1/6 Hot Toys - DX26 - Obi-Wan Kenobi Series : Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I the only one who wants a season 2? 😂
Nope! The time of Obi-Wan Kenobi between Episodes 3 & 4 is fertile ground for a really compelling character study, with a terrific actor in Ewan McGregor. Use him while he's willing & able. Show Tattooine as desolate & dangerous as Arrakis. Get Gilroy, or someone like him, to write it, So much epic potential 👍

Nope, I'm down for more Ewan McGregor Kenobi, he isn't the issue and never was.

Get a new writing team, producers and directors.

Started seeing some pics of this head on the TCW body too and now I want to do that.
:exactly: Ewan was compelling to watch as Obi even when the directing/script was lame. Bring on S2.

I'm gonna keep mine as is so I have arc from ROTS to Sideshow's on the shelf.

Yeah not a chance I’d be watching that. What they gonna do? There’s no worthwhile story left to tell, there wasn’t even one for S1.
IMO they could do what I hoped for in the first place; more communing with Qui-Gon as they ponder the mistakes made; Obi outwitting some actually terrifying Inquisitors and/or having to choose between leaving Luke for a while to protect some other innocents; more clashes between Owen and Obi (which actually was a good scene); some outright comic stuff like when Obi told the guy in the bar to go home and rethink their life.

Etc. Oh, and have Reva die, which would clean up the mess of her knowing about Luke. Maybe she dies warning Obi in a cameo.

There's plenty to do, with some good writers with imagination. It's not like Obi would have sat around for years - his working a lowly job was actually a good element.

IMO they could do what I hoped for in the first place; more communing with Qui-Gon as they ponder the mistakes made; Obi outwitting some actually terrifying Inquisitors and/or having to choose between leaving Luke for a while to protect some other innocents; more clashes between Owen and Obi (which actually was a good scene); some outright comic stuff like when Obi told the guy in the bar to go home and rethink their life.

Etc. Oh, and have Reva die, which would clean up the mess of her knowing about Luke. Maybe she dies warning Obi in a cameo.

There's plenty to do, with some good writers with imagination. It's not like Obi would have sat around for years - his working a lowly job was actually a good element.
Nah, they fumbled it. They’d just be retreading familiar ground from S1 but maybe, maybe, doing it better. No point.

It’s time to move on from legacy characters imo. Disney doesn’t know what to do with them.

Nah, they fumbled it. They’d just be retreading familiar ground from S1 but maybe, maybe, doing it better. No point.

It’s time to move on from legacy characters imo. Disney doesn’t know what to do with them.
Disagree. Good writers are good writers. Look at Andor, a series I didn't think I'd care much about.

And on another note, am a bit bummed this fig got delayed again, looks really great. Guess I will have in time for Christmas. :monkey2 My last payment is supposedly October but who knows these days.

Back