1/6 Hot Toys - Episode I: The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul Hologram Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it looks cool. I have my old sideshow version on display. I’ll try to get this one if the price is right.

451366069_7897436503642860_8131370127194824813_n.jpg

Am I the only one that doesn’t hate this?

Looks pretty cool, not going to try for it, but I could see the appeal.
Nah you're not, I thought this was a pretty neat idea for a limited item. Idk why people get so bent out of shape when something they don't want to buy is made.

It's not like this is going to take up insane production capacity or anything.

The JC paint sample pics are pretty cool too.

What I expect is that it'll be more expensive than it needs to be.

Nah you're not, I thought this was a pretty neat idea for a limited item. Idk why people get so bent out of shape when something they don't want to buy is made.

It's not like this is going to take up insane production capacity or anything.

The JC paint sample pics are pretty cool too.

What I expect is that it'll be more expensive than it needs to be.

This has been happening a lot more recently and it isn’t good for the hobby. I welcome pieces I won’t be buying, as that is money saved for me, especially with how heavy they’ve gone into Star Wars the last 5 months. Bring on the summer of Marvel.

Really curious what the price in this is. Hasbro can put out a translucent action figure with articulation and a light up base for $30. This really shouldn’t be much more given it’s a solid statue with a simple light up base. $50-75 seems reasonable but I’m betting HT wants $100+ for it. I don’t hate the concept but honestly Palpatine is the most holographic character in the franchise.

I think it’s kind of cool personally. I wouldn’t pay a lot for it but it’s an interesting idea. Not exactly the same thing but opens the door for a ghost of Obi-Wan maybe.

I doubt the actual product will look like this, i've seen some pictures of the full product and it actually looks very cheap. However i hope this turns out great, i might get this.

Absolutely won’t look that good. That’s JC Hong’s personally painted prototype.

Ok, looks cool. But what would one do with this? And surprised it's so big, a full 12" statue essentially. Would've been cooler at maybe half the size and on an elevated platform. At least then you could have another figure, Sidious perhaps, standing in front of him like they were communicating.

I had the SS holo Sidious on the walker way back, but the legs couldn't hold the weight and were always sagging. Sold it to a friend long long ago. That also didn't really have a proper place on the shelf.

Back