1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Warping on my is not that bad, it's still mostly circular in shape. It looks okay on it's own, until you compare with the left arm ring which looks fine. I can live with it, too much of a hassle to return this for me.

Unbelievable amazing! All cool except the helmet battery compartment / LED switch placement. Vid review:

8.jpg

7.jpg

13.jpg

More here: https://www.xenom0rph.com/2014/09/hot-toys-iron-man-3-mark-42-xliii-16.html

Awesome review man!!! :hi5

What bothers me after having it is that the arc reactor in the figure is nothing like the movie, the figure although too much detailed in a good way is not movie accurate, I could glaze it but i think it's fine though... That and the fact it's hollow...

Sent from Le iPhone 5S using Tapatalk - now Free

Finally opened up mine earlier this morning and noticed the left knee pad unglued. Was a quick fix with a little epoxy. Everything else was fine though. UPS sucks as I was in all morning all day Monday and they never bothered to ring the doorbell and just stuck a door tag my front door.

Blu tack does the trick to hold up this headsculpt. It looks quite good in person, everyone should give it a try :)

a2ejygeb.jpg

yge7yja3.jpg

iPhone pics in low light so I apologize for the crappy shots

They do look good together!!!
01e7c0af53198fc96ce4fbee96904dc9.jpg
5d239894dcb82e7f89cd00770fcd405a.jpg
4ac4fdf4b94145b079439743c2a2e894.jpg
e54686bea29740d5976768d9881f8d7f.jpg

Halloween is going to be awesome this year

Sent from Le iPhone 5S using Tapatalk - now Free

Alright all. I opened my 42 up and inspected it. It seems my armpits and arm joints are all good. So now onto my quick review. After inspecting and messing around with the figure. It's a real beauty. Heavy piece and the weight adds a lot too it. It's not a normal armor you buy. It's a HUGE upgrade. No damage on the diecast parts. Lights work perfectly. Box is beautiful and heavy duty. I love the swap out features! Very cool and the magnets are very strong. I wish Silver Centurion had the same swap out faceplate. The Tony Stark head sculpt is excellent. Best to date. Looks like Robert Downey Jr. For what you pay you get a lot of stuff. It's a bang for your buck. It was worth it. Overall mine came in excellent condition except there is one issue. Where you take the faceplate off to get to the helmet switch the whole half of it came right off. It seems the glue came undone. So it takes the whole electronic system with it. Not sure if others have had this issue or not but it's not a big deal. It snaps back into place and is fine. Not going to mess too much with it though. Be careful. Overall I'm super impressed with it. Quick pic below. Review coming tomorrow so stay tune!

Ryan
65e703b4ea3d75f9e60d680e23658f77.jpg

Alright all. I opened my 42 up and inspected it. It seems my armpits and arm joints are all good. So now onto my quick review. After inspecting and messing around with the figure. It's a real beauty. Heavy piece and the weight adds a lot too it. It's not a normal armor you buy. It's a HUGE upgrade. No damage on the diecast parts. Lights work perfectly. I love the swap out features! Very cool and the magnets are very strong. I wish Silver Centurion had the same swap out faceplate. The Tony Stark head sculpt is excellent. Best to date. Looks like Robert Downey Jr. For what you pay you get a lot of stuff. It's a bang for your buck. It was worth it. Overall mine came in excellent condition except there is one issue. Where you take the faceplate off to get to the helmet switch the whole half of it came right off. It seems the glue came undone. So it takes the whole electronic system with it. Not sure if others have had this issue or not but it's not a big deal. It snaps back into place and is fine. Not going to mess too much with it though. Be careful. Overall I'm super impressed with it. Quick pic below. Review coming tomorrow so stay tune!

Ryan

Good to hear you don't have issues with the shoulder, weird thing with the head, never heard that one before. Looking forward to watching your review, hopefully I will have my 42 in hand while I watch it:)

Good to hear you don't have issues with the shoulder, weird thing with the head, never heard that one before. Looking forward to watching your review, hopefully I will have my 42 in hand while I watch it:)

Yeah shoulders and inside where the joints seems fine. I'll have to take a better look tomorrow but I'll still be careful. Articulation is killer on this. Best articulation on an Iron Man! That's another bonus. It seems Iron Man figures just don't give it to me easy. Always some sort of issue but I'm happy. You'll love him man. He's a beast for a suit that didn't work.

Yeah shoulders and inside where the joints seems fine. I'll have to take a better look tomorrow but I'll still be careful. Articulation is killer on this. Best articulation on an Iron Man! That's another bonus. It seems Iron Man figures just don't give it to me easy. Always some sort of issue but I'm happy. You'll love him man. He's a beast for a suit that didn't work.

:duff

I wonder if anyone has or will attempt to repaint this to the Mark 43 colors as its the same suit best I can tell, I'm sure hot toys will when the time comes:lecture

1964994_843424845674089_2087948231_n.jpg

:duff

I wonder if anyone has or will attempt to repaint this to the Mark 43 colors as its the same suit best I can tell, I'm sure hot toys will when the time comes:lecture

:duff I wouldn't think anyone would due to Hot Toys will release the 43. I'm in for that suit!

Alright all. I opened my 42 up and inspected it. It seems my armpits and arm joints are all good. So now onto my quick review. After inspecting and messing around with the figure. It's a real beauty. Heavy piece and the weight adds a lot too it. It's not a normal armor you buy. It's a HUGE upgrade. No damage on the diecast parts. Lights work perfectly. Box is beautiful and heavy duty. I love the swap out features! Very cool and the magnets are very strong. I wish Silver Centurion had the same swap out faceplate. The Tony Stark head sculpt is excellent. Best to date. Looks like Robert Downey Jr. For what you pay you get a lot of stuff. It's a bang for your buck. It was worth it. Overall mine came in excellent condition except there is one issue. Where you take the faceplate off to get to the helmet switch the whole half of it came right off. It seems the glue came undone. So it takes the whole electronic system with it. Not sure if others have had this issue or not but it's not a big deal. It snaps back into place and is fine. Not going to mess too much with it though. Be careful. Overall I'm super impressed with it. Quick pic below. Review coming tomorrow so stay tune!

Ryan

Yeah, I think another Freak a few pages back had a problem with glue.

Nice pic! Look forward to your review.

It'd be funny if this was released in conjunction with the movie's opening.

But unlikely. They'll probably do what they did last time and release Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver first.

Lesser characters first I would guess. Those 2 then Hawkeye, maybe Fury, BW. Then go to Thor and captain. Knowing hot toys, the robots are last with vision and ironman, followed by Ultron. Maybe a Hulk after that with the Hulkbuster.

Back