1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm really digging this Vader even though I agree with mostly everyone's observations it's not stopping me from having fun with him. vader7.jpg

Made another small adjustment. I noticed his shin armor was sticking out from the knee and it just looked off. I realized I was making a noob mistake but couldn’t see it since it was hidden under the pant leg. I was getting all the bend out of the lower knee joint, which always looks wonky (see iron man below). So I gently fixed it and made sure I was getting most of the bend out of the upper knee joint. A small adjustment, and may not look as obvious in pictures, but in person it made BIG difference in how he looks. I’m looking at him from my couch right now and up on the shelf about eight feet away it looks like I’ve got a mini David Prowse looming ominously. Love this figure!

Example: that’s not how knees work!

IMG_0938.JPG

Before:
s6eaIJO.jpg

After:
E35Rkd6.jpg

Finally took out display stand...really nice! Finally getting a chance to see these 2 figures in action...maybe some small posing adjustments, but just getting an idea of it all.
uc

uc

Do they scale alright with Vader? Do they look undersized beside him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look pretty good to me. Vader was in the foreground of that pic I posted so he looks a little taller than he actually is compared to the stormtroopers but he is taller than they are by about half a head

Finally took out display stand...really nice! Finally getting a chance to see these 2 figures in action...maybe some small posing adjustments, but just getting an idea of it all.
uc

uc

Did you have that background printed? Its pretty cool.

Back