1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK got my Vader today and I have to say I'm happy with him but I have problems one is the helmet problem of it coming off when you're messing with it, two is the hand pegs, I can't get them to plug into the arm, they are lose and only hold on by force. And three now the chess box is not working. And likes to go through the cycles then it stops and two lights. And I don't know how to fix that. Overall I still like it But I am very disappointed in it, it could have been so much better but I wish I did not pay the full price I wish it was like 200 or 230.
9b871d9cfea2b377871bbcae30c417c6.jpg
c8cd0e8e4a86f1dd4b3194f404d8198d.jpg
a102f5b152908f6f9a3ed9526550f39d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The lights on the chestbox are supposed to go through a sequence like in the movie. From the pics yours seems fine.

Yeah I know but what I was saying is it goes through the cycle but then it just stops on two lights like in my last pic. and holds on there until I trun it off and then if I want for some mins it goes through the cycle again until it stops in those two lights. It's not a big problem the lights still work I'm just wondering why it just stops in those two lights after a certain period of time. But like I sad not a big deal.

Yeah I know but what I was saying is it goes through the cycle but then it just stops on two lights like in my last pic. and holds on there until I trun it off and then if I want for some mins it goes through the cycle again until it stops in those two lights. It's not a big problem the lights still work I'm just wondering why it just stops in those two lights after a certain period of time. But like I sad not a big deal.

Posted the chest light sequence thing maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago about it stopping after maybe 10 or 15 minutes. Your the first to post a similar experience, although it probably just works that way, but your not the only one.

Posted the chest light sequence thing maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago about it stopping after maybe 10 or 15 minutes. Your the first to post a similar experience, although it probably just works that way, but your not the only one.

Ah ok and like I sad at least it still lights up after the cycle stops.

Yeah, the chest box lights on mine cycles through for a few minutes then stops with the top and bottom lights illuminated as well. I think it’s designed that way on purpose. I also noticed that the light up saber stays bright for a few minutes then automatically dims. Both work properly again if you turn them off and back on. My guess is the chest box flash sequence stopping and light up saber dimming are battery saving features built into the figure on purpose.

As for the hands, push more firmly. It took a little trial and error for me, but now I have no problem getting the hand pegs to seat properly when swapping hands. But you do have to put a fair amount of firm pressure to do it.

He looks good there. I'm starting a mod to replace the head with rogue one, but it's gonna be a big project. Will probably end up a mess, but worth a try

Im always noticing that crooked gap at the bottom of the mouth where the mask separates. Is that there on all the ESB Vader masks?

Looking great. What are the respective heights on your four Vaders, Matrix?

Great shot, although I gotta say I like the look of the figures on the left and right a lot more than the ESB.

The helmet on the ESB Vader always seems to sit a bit too low, whereas the RO and ANH Vaders either side in Matrix's pic have the helmets sitting more clear of the shoulders.

Back