1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's an awesome photo Matrix, your Vader looks great. I just got mine yesterday and finally had time to unbox and pose him. I swapped out his dome and chest piece for the SSC RotJ Vader V2. The chest piece doesn't fit perfectly, but it will do until my backup piece to modify comes from TA. Put an Unreal Customs wired cape on him from my last Vader too.

Already love this piece.
64558549a8702dff3f329e51fa5d4f9b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Love the billowing cape but Dad's leather disco pants could do with a pull-up.

Love this figure. After setting it up it's my favorite of the 3 released so far that I've had. Can't wait to add the final OT Vader.
50fd5e8dc84d9731784cde092051d29c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Great display, ZillaFan!

Here he is, altering that deal...

HT-ESB-VADER-017.jpg

Wonder if HT is still considering a Lando? It is a figure that could use a good update...

Ok, I noticed that the chest piece is really not staying 90 degrees but turned to the left.

I tried twisting it to the right, but it seems it's glued in. I am afraid of having damaged it (as it moves a little when I try to twist it to the right).

Is this normal? Do you think I have damaged it?

Thanks and appreciated.

Ok, I noticed that the chest piece is really not staying 90 degrees but turned to the left.

I tried twisting it to the right, but it seems it's glued in. I am afraid of having damaged it (as it moves a little when I try to twist it to the right).

Thanks and appreciated.

It's part of the suit somebody posted pics a while ago.

Thanks and appreciated.

You may have broken it loose. No worries as you can glue it down straight as you intended.

Well, it it still in place. But when I put pressure on it, it does move to the right. When I release, it goes back to the left itself.

So I guess it's fine and I haven't damaged it?

Well, it it still in place. But when I put pressure on it, it does move to the right. When I release, it goes back to the left itself.

So I guess it's fine and I haven't damaged it?
Sounds fine to me. The box is sewn into the suit so it would really take some doing in order to dislodge it. The suit would probably be damaged if you did any real harm to it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies!

On second thought, I think I might be selling mine - will get another from Sideshow and hopefully the chest piece will be ok.

I have packaged everything back in the box. Figure is just a day old so it's technically brand new. Only thing (as you've seen above) is that the chest piece is sewed a bit on the left and doesn't stay straight.

PM me if interested.

Thanks for the replies!

On second thought, I think I might be selling mine - will get another from Sideshow and hopefully the chest piece will be ok.

I have packaged everything back in the box. Figure is just a day old so it's technically brand new. Only thing (as you've seen above) is that the chest piece is sewed a bit on the left and doesn't stay straight.

PM me if interested.
You should try and get a replacement from sideshow as yours does seem pretty crooked. I can't see many folks wanting to jump on yours here unless you're offering a pretty good discount for a Vader with a defect.

You should try and get a replacement from sideshow as yours does seem pretty crooked. I can't see many folks wanting to jump on yours here unless you're offering a pretty good discount for a Vader with a defect.

Thanks for the recommendation.

This one was actually received from Timcent88 - Ebay. The new one I am ordering (hoping that it's good this time) is directly from Sideshow.

I will contact him and hopefully I will be be able to return it.

Back