1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for this.

I only want to know if overall he is specific enough accurate to ESB - if you exclude the tiniest details?

I don't think this is a suitable hobby for someone with OCD. You'll be very stressed cause there's no 100% accurate figure. Since you already chose the R1 Vader, which a few have repeatedly said it's 1 of the nicer Vader figures, just enjoy it. You seem to be butterflying between this and the R1 thread asking repeatedly if each is accurate instead of enjoy posing your R1 Vader. Just get offline and enjoy your figure already! :lol

i just emailed them this:

Dear Hot Toys.

I have just cancelled a pre-order of the figure MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

The reason is that the headsculpt (facemask and helmet dome) looks very inaccurate compared to the film version.. The tusks are the wrong angle, the upper mouth triangle is too long, the nose is too small, the eyes are not the right shape, the helmet dome is too long in the back and the face looks too flat from a sideview. In other words it doesn't look like Darth Vader.

The likeness of the upsoming 1/4 Return of the Jedi Vader is a lot better

I hope you take these remarks in consideration if you ever make a 1:6 Return of the Jedi Darth Vader and NOT re-use the Empire Strikes Back headsculpt, but make the likeness exactly like the 1:4 version.

Finally someone who actually took the initiative and told HT about the issues :clap. Who knows, maybe they do care about the voices of their customers, like what happend with Boba Fett ESB.
I have absolutely no problems if they would fix those inaccuracies for the next version. At least part of them. But since this Vader is still the best one currently, which is confirmed by many, I will still be happy to own it next month.

matrix69 your mods of Vader are the best I've seen :)

If you cant tell the difference.... its not a problem I'd say

It's a problem. The reason is, shoulder pads look ok in that photo. If it is R1 parts, well it's the second case showing that it worked and I will begin part hunt. If it is stock, then I can understand that with futzing stock shoulderpads also look ok too. And I won't search for spare R1 parts.

It's a problem. The reason is, shoulder pads look ok in that photo. If it is R1 parts, well it's the second case showing that it worked and I will begin part hunt. If it is stock, then I can understand that with futzing stock shoulderpads also look ok too. And I won't search for spare R1 parts.

Hey sorry I missed the post where you asked me about Vader's shoulder pauldrons. They are the stock pauldrons, I carefully peeled off the connecting straps and then used a pair of EMT scissors I got off Amazon 2 years ago to snip off enough so that the pauldrons rest under the chest armour. I then used Loctite Gel superglue from Walmart to reattach the pauldrons. Cheaper and easier than hunting down Rogue One parts.
20181020-004115.jpg

20181020-004105.jpg

So you did just as in the movie. Thanks for the explanation and how-to-do :)
One last thing. What is EMT?

So you did just as in the movie. Thanks for the explanation and how-to-do :)
One last thing. What is EMT?

Emergency Medical Technician. The people in ambulances. The scissors they use are so sharp and strong they can easily cut through denim jeans, so I got a pair a couple years ago for cutting through material that is too thick for regular or even fabric cutting scissors. Helps with modding figures and other stuff.

Finally someone who actually took the initiative and told HT about the issues :clap. Who knows, maybe they do care about the voices of their customers, like what happend with Boba Fett ESB.
I have absolutely no problems if they would fix those inaccuracies for the next version. At least part of them. But since this Vader is still the best one currently, which is confirmed by many, I will still be happy to own it next month.

matrix69 your mods of Vader are the best I've seen :)

Well at least they replied:

Hello,

Thanks for your support to Hot Toys!

Your suggestion and comment will be forwarded to our production team as a reference.

Please keep visiting our official website and Facebook page to get our most updated news!

Best regards,

CT/ Hot Toys

Hello,

Your suggestion and comment will be forwarded to our production team as a reference.

Please keep visiting our official website and Facebook page to get our most updated news!

Best regards,

CT/ Hot Toys

Now if 8,000 other people follow suit...

Hello,

Best regards,

CT/ Hot Toys

It sounds like a standard reply. But like you said, at least they spent 5 minutes to answer your request. They could have as good as just ignored it :clap

Hello,

Best regards,

CT/ Hot Toys

Do you have their customer service email address?

I'll shoot them one about Vader too.

Do people want a reveal helmet for RoTJ Vader, or 2 sculpts ala SS deluxe? Personally I'd go for the latter.

I sent my email to them I gave them my $267 an ear full Of my unhappiness with the helmet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's an awesome photo Matrix, your Vader looks great. I just got mine yesterday and finally had time to unbox and pose him. I swapped out his dome and chest piece for the SSC RotJ Vader V2. The chest piece doesn't fit perfectly, but it will do until my backup piece to modify comes from TA. Put an Unreal Customs wired cape on him from my last Vader too.

Already love this piece.
64558549a8702dff3f329e51fa5d4f9b.jpg
a996a417adf9e22e3a2c3eadd52edd27.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
why would you put the SS dome on it?
Mainly to see how it looked. Overall I think it sits better, plus it doesn't have the widow peak. It's only held on by sticky tack so it's temporary until I see how the Hasbro titanium dome looks on it, or if I end up modding the stock dome like Matrix did.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back