1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly: Thor 1 Loki is still my favourite, the look, outfit, the portrayal...everything! Loved the character in that film!

I agree, can't see that Thor 1 Loki ever being released unfortunately, which is a real shame as it looked so good in the picture they previewed :(

Yep chalk him up to the list of characters they'll never make and you'll only get through custom work :thud:

I am slightly regretting pre-ordering the Dark World Loki, the more I compare it to his Avengers's sculpt. The outfit for TDW is spectacular, but the face---- it's not quite what I would've wanted.

Either way, I suppose I'll have to wait for him to come in. I do hope they make Loki's prisoner, as well as his Thor 1, down the road.

I am slightly regretting pre-ordering the Dark World Loki, the more I compare it to his Avengers's sculpt. The outfit for TDW is spectacular, but the face---- it's not quite what I would've wanted.

Either way, I suppose I'll have to wait for him to come in. I do hope they make Loki's prisoner, as well as his Thor 1, down the road.

Welcome to the boards Eclair... yes the Head Sculpt is disappointing but there is still time to improve it.. so I wouldnt go cancelling your pre-order just yet, anyway you could just pick up a spare Head Sculpt on eBay if you still hate it!

Did you order the Sideshow Collectibles exclusive version?

My wait list for the EX converted last night. I wish I could be a little more excited for this figure. The fact that he's not being shown at the Cons makes me think he might be getting updated. That or they're just not showing anything but Cap and Spidey.

My wait list for the EX converted last night. I wish I could be a little more excited for this figure. The fact that he's not being shown at the Cons makes me think he might be getting updated. That or they're just not showing anything but Cap and Spidey.

Congrats on the conversion! Pretty good seen as now both versions are on waitlist, ok maybe they found 5 or 6 extra normal versions!

I hope that's why he's not being shown... I don't see why they would just want to show the other two.. Loki is one of if not the most popular MCU character right now, maybe tied with Iron Man

I hope they headsculpt gets improved for all that ordered him.

I think at this point, even if they tweak the headsculpt I'm gonna pass on him. As much as I love Loki, I'd rather wait and see what he'll look like next, and if I'll like that look better. With TDW figure just being a stripped down version of Avengers, it makes me want to wait and see what we get in Thor 3.

But if the headsculpt is redone/improved, I could see myself trying to get it separately to make a Stuttgart Loki.

I hope they headsculpt gets improved for all that ordered him.

I think at this point, even if they tweak the headsculpt I'm gonna pass on him. As much as I love Loki, I'd rather wait and see what he'll look like next, and if I'll like that look better. With TDW figure just being a stripped down version of Avengers, it makes me want to wait and see what we get in Thor 3.

But if the headsculpt is redone/improved, I could see myself trying to get it separately to make a Stuttgart Loki.

Really I wouldnt pass even if they didnt change the headsculpt, I would just get an extra avengers one....

Im thinking they might change the costume for Thor 3 and will depend on the tone of the movie, hopefully they take from Thor 1 Loki as inspiration
I have preordered the Suit for my Stuttgart Loki and I already have an extra Avengers HS for that one, it will be great to have 3 Loki's on my shelf

Just looked Loki up on Sideshows site and he's listed at 32cm tall. Comparatively, Cap is listed at 31cm. Is the Avengers Loki the same height as the new? Isn't that MoS scale?

Are they reusing the exact same outfit as before, minus the cape and helmet, or are there small changes any of you have noticed?

Just looked Loki up on Sideshows site and he's listed at 32cm tall. Comparatively, Cap is listed at 31cm. Is the Avengers Loki the same height as the new? Isn't that MoS scale?

Are they reusing the exact same outfit as before, minus the cape and helmet, or are there small changes any of you have noticed?

there are differences. small but noticeable

Yeah the same outfit just striped of armor... some small differences like the abdomen area has changed slightly(the gold bits), the shoulders are different or maybe just less armor there, and under the arms on the outer coat the gold bits changed there too, also the ends of his coat are now red not gold like the Avengers one

I'm no expert on this subject, but as far as I see the MoS is out of scale with so many other figures because of the advanced muscular body used for him. Although the body is extremely accurate, figures with these bodies tend to be very large. See MoS and Roadblock. Those are huge. But I can't imagine HT using a muscular body for Loki. Doesn't make sense. So I expect loki to be properly sized and in scale with my other figures

Here you can see a height and size comparison of the new ttm bodies curtesy of mwctoys.com

review_ttmb_1.jpg
Not my picture. Source: mwctoys.com

I'm no expert on this subject, but as far as I see the MoS is out of scale with so many other figures because of the advanced muscular body used for him. Although the body is extremely accurate, figures with these bodies tend to be very large. See MoS and Roadblock. Those are huge. But I can't imagine HT using a muscular body for Loki. Doesn't make sense. So I expect loki to be properly sized and in scale with my other figures

Here you can see a height and size comparison of the new ttm bodies curtesy of mwctoys.com

View attachment 107512

Oh Thanks, great photo

Thailand Toy Expo is currently on. Hopefully someone gets a pic of Loki.

Really I wouldnt pass even if they didnt change the headsculpt, I would just get an extra avengers one....

Im thinking they might change the costume for Thor 3 and will depend on the tone of the movie, hopefully they take from Thor 1 Loki a:)s inspiration
I have preordered the Suit for my Stuttgart Loki and I already have an extra Avengers HS for that one, it will be great to have 3 Loki's on my shelf

I really hope so, too. It would make up for the lack of Thor 1 Loki for me. :)

I don't have an extra sculpt right now, but if nothing changes about the TDW sculpt, the only way I'll make a Stuttgart Loki is if I can get another Avengers one, and they run pretty high now, right?

For me, the outfit just doesn't look different enough for me to get it when I know we'll get another, possibly more different looking Loki in the future. It also doesn't help that I don't love TDW nearly as much as I love the first Thor.

I still would've given it serious consideration with a better headsculpt, though (and if there weren't so many other figs coming out that I want - I'm almost all in with the Cap2 figures :yess: ).

I really hope so, too. It would make up for the lack of Thor 1 Loki for me. :)

I don't have an extra sculpt right now, but if nothing changes about the TDW sculpt, the only way I'll make a Stuttgart Loki is if I can get another Avengers one, and they run pretty high now, right?

For me, the outfit just doesn't look different enough for me to get it when I know we'll get another, possibly more different looking Loki in the future. It also doesn't help that I don't love TDW nearly as much as I love the first Thor.

I still would've given it serious consideration with a better headsculpt, though (and if there weren't so many other figs coming out that I want - I'm almost all in with the Cap2 figures :yess: ).

thats really the main reason I didnt get TDW Loki. He didn't change enough to warrant spending the $$ and I LOVE the Avengers Loki figure, its one of my favorites. If the next Loki changes a lot, then I would consider a new Loki :)

Yes, all in on Cap!! Getting everything Winter Solider or Captain America they do!!! :hi5:

Back