1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can explain Rose's beauty mark. When they built the mock-up for Titanic,they only built one side-the right(starboard)side. Unfortunately,the ship was docked with her PORT side to the dock. Rather than try to re-build the full scale mock-up.Cameron had the clever idea of producing all the costumes and props for the dock scenes backwards, then flipping the footage to orient everything correctly. Unfortunately,Kate Winslet's beauty mark,which is a natural feature,got missed.All things considered,it's pretty impressive that was the only thing they missed...PS

I can explain Rose's beauty mark. When they built the mock-up for Titanic,they only built one side-the right(starboard)side. Unfortunately,the ship was docked with her PORT side to the dock. Rather than try to re-build the full scale mock-up.Cameron had the clever idea of producing all the costumes and props for the dock scenes backwards, then flipping the footage to orient everything correctly. Unfortunately,Kate Winslet's beauty mark,which is a natural feature,got missed.All things considered,it's pretty impressive that was the only thing they missed...PS

I'm sure some of those plot holes can be explained and thats a good explanation I guess

So I have this guy on preorder, and I'm really disappointed at the lack of accessories. I really want the Avengers version, but I'm simply not willing to pay nearly double the original cost, which is the way it's going for in most markets. It's cracked $400 here even. So I got to thinking about how I could make this figure a little more interesting, and I really like the last scene of TDW when Loki is revealed on the the Throne of Asgard with Odin's spear. What are the chances that Hot Toys might throw the spear in with this? They've surprised us with the Thor poncho in both versions after all. Or, if they didn't include it, does anyone know of somewhere one could get that besides eBay? I just don't feel like the figure as it is properly represents Loki, and I really want to find a way to make it work for my collection.

I don't see then throwing in the spear...and eBay is probably your best bet honestly

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

So I have this guy on preorder, and I'm really disappointed at the lack of accessories. I really want the Avengers version, but I'm simply not willing to pay nearly double the original cost, which is the way it's going for in most markets. It's cracked $400 here even. So I got to thinking about how I could make this figure a little more interesting, and I really like the last scene of TDW when Loki is revealed on the the Throne of Asgard with Odin's spear. What are the chances that Hot Toys might throw the spear in with this? They've surprised us with the Thor poncho in both versions after all. Or, if they didn't include it, does anyone know of somewhere one could get that besides eBay? I just don't feel like the figure as it is properly represents Loki, and I really want to find a way to make it work for my collection.

I wouldn't say its likely, I just want a different head

Hot Toys Person #1: This Loki sculpt really sucks... what do we do?
Hot Toys Person #2: We just stop showing it. People will buy it anyway.

I'm going to SDCC next month and I'm certain the figure will be there. It will be one of the few upcoming releases that weren't shown last year. Depending on what I see in person, I may cancel this and wait 3-4 years for the inevitable Thor 3 version.

I'm going to SDCC next month and I'm certain the figure will be there. It will be one of the few upcoming releases that weren't shown last year. Depending on what I see in person, I may cancel this and wait 3-4 years for the inevitable Thor 3 version.

ohhhhh! Jealous! I hope you have fun anyway.....and I'm not being sarcastic.....honestly.......:joy

Wasn't this one expected to ship in October? It appears August on Sideshow website. My guess the next Hot Toys "upcoming releases" pic will include Elder,Cloud,Robocop,Widow and Loki

Wasn't this one expected to ship in October? It appears August on Sideshow website. My guess the next Hot Toys "upcoming releases" pic will include Elder,Cloud,Robocop,Widow and Loki

I have this on flex so I'll get this in September....... I guess they didnt fix the head :(

Kind of debating ordering this figure. I really don't mind it even though I know a lot of people don't care for the head sculpt. I'll probably wait for the video/picture reviews before making a final decision though.

Hopefully...at least then we might see if they have made any changes :pray:

I have this on flex so I'll get this in September....... I guess they didnt fix the head :(

Starting to think that may be the case! :thud: :gah:

Back