1/6 Hot Toys - MMS245 - Captain America: TWS - Falcon Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just my opinion, but since Falcon was already in the movie twice, they should have had him come off of the you know what and fight the Ultron drones with WM, instead of Tony.

I'm assuming he went back to looking for Bucky, since Steve couldn't.

I've decided to wait for the CW version. I love the red accents.

I love the red accents.

I'm with you there, but the rest of his "hero" suit is monolithic grey/black and pretty boring.

There was a paramilitary vibe to his Winter Soldier duds that seemed more interesting and believable.
I thought his vest under the flight harness made for a more dynamic design.
Your mileage may vary . . . :dunno

Mackie makes a great Falcon, though:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

And I preferred the camo cargo pants look as well . . . there's something slightly MC Hammer-ish about his new ones.
Well--that's not exactly right, but they look quite 80s with all the diagonals and stitching.

____

Saw AOU for the second time today; I'll be waiting for this new suite as well...more Avenger and less military looking.

For sure! This would have been really cool. Hopefully unintentional on the matter of race, but cool nonetheless

The 3 black guys saving the day haha (Fury, Rhodey, Wilson) :yess:

(not meant to be racist or anything)

I almost buy this but then saw the new one coming up and it is just not worthy. Anyone else is kinda bummed that Hot toys will keep releasing the same figure over and over with minute changes? I mean for figures this expensive..... some folks might see this as a deterrent not to buy any figures until marvel is done making Avengers or Captains or Thors movies lol

I almost buy this but then saw the new one coming up and it is just not worthy. Anyone else is kinda bummed that Hot toys will keep releasing the same figure over and over with minute changes? I mean for figures this expensive..... some folks might see this as a deterrent not to buy any figures until marvel is done making Avengers or Captains or Thors movies lol

What you are forgetting is that if this one DOESN'T SELL well enough, there will not be a V2.0
Look at Odin.
I wonder if the people who are passing this one buy might regret it later on...

Here's the thing. We can technically wait until Avengers 3 Infinity War for the best up to date version if we want, but Username has a good point. Why would Hot Toys make another version of a figure if it doesnt sell?

I liked The Winter Soldier movie, all the figs made for the movie were very well done (aside form the head of GA Cap). This Falcon is a great figure, looks awesome and has some really well done accessories worth every penny.

Skip this release and hope another one gets done for the next movie, but just remember it's not a gurantee like Cap and Iron Man.

Kebron, your answer and Username answer is simple" WM IM MK2 did not sell well at all, yet for AOU Hot toys didn't care for previous sales of said figure and re-released it with a tiny diff color spectrum and the head sculpt that was included with IP. They might not even see it as a risk but as full line up for the MM of said movie. Therefore it is my opinion that regardless of past sales, HT will keep releasing Marvel figures based on the movie releases. If they have the license why not produce it they might think and there are always people who will buy. I am sure Civil War will have a Falcon made.

I think that just because stores like SSC still have Falcon in stock, does not mean he is not selling well. I am sure HT has a number in mind that a figure has to make in sales for them to be consider it profitable. I would find it hard to believe that they wouldn't make a CW Falcon. It doesn't appear to be a major rework to the WS figure, so why not?

I think that just because stores like SSC still have Falcon in stock, does not mean he is not selling well. I am sure HT has a number in mind that a figure has to make in sales for them to be consider it profitable. I would find it hard to believe that they wouldn't make a CW Falcon. It doesn't appear to be a major rework to the WS figure, so why not?

I was thinking that too. I think they base most of the popularity and sales in the Asia and HK markets. Unless HT is working on a consignment basis, I think every store that orders from them regardless if those stores sell or not stock, counts as sales for HT.
Now, we haven't seen yet the new jetpack and wings for Falcon since I recall the old ones got broken/damaged in the movie.

Kebron, your answer and Username answer is simple" WM IM MK2 did not sell well at all, yet for AOU Hot toys didn't care for previous sales of said figure and re-released it with a tiny diff color spectrum and the head sculpt that was included with IP. They might not even see it as a risk but as full line up for the MM of said movie. Therefore it is my opinion that regardless of past sales, HT will keep releasing Marvel figures based on the movie releases. If they have the license why not produce it they might think and there are always people who will buy. I am sure Civil War will have a Falcon made.

That's a false argument though. It was 100% moulded and needed nothing but new paintwork. They had the moulds, they had the headsculpt.
For Falcon, it would be an entirely new costume and backpack. That's a LOT of money for a figure where people bypassed the first one for a future version that might not happen.

Considering its technically just another Iron Man armor, and we all no how well those sell. They probably don't even look at it as a War Machine but just another Iron Man. Where as figs like Falcon, Odin, Nick Fury, etc they are unique figs unto them selves. Speaking of Fury, I seem to remember some talk of people waiting for the Fury fig for the Winter Soldier movie, but yet that never happened, despite his pretty big role in it.

I'm not saying Hot Toys won't make a Falcon, I'm just saying it's not set in stone as some people seem to think it is.

Back