1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Collectible Figure (Teaser)

If we're playing the guessing game in regards to the pricing, I think it's tough to play considering we have no idea how many versions they're going to do, or what accessories if any will be included. If I am to guess that too, then I say they will release one body with 2 head sculpts (one with more human face, one with EW cover face) plus a stand and various hands and fists, and that's it. I would say, if he's over 12" then my guess would be $399.99.

Having said that, my guesses typically have been way under what the actual price ends up being. I don't want to think or even say it will be $450, so maybe $419? In my opinion, anything over 400 is almost not worth it to me. Especially if he is more than likely not going to come with a lot of accessories.

Yeah if its just the base figure(and I don't see these Ultron figures coming with additional heads) then I think $450 is a little high for this guy. Assuming its plastic and 15" and going by Striker(Robot, Plastic and 13.5"), I think $349 is a more reasonable price, Avengers tax could put it at $379
Again, thats just a guess

I really only want the final form of Ultron, so this will be my only version. Are we thinking he will be diecast? If so, I put his price at around $350 same as Iron Man Mark 43. If plastic, I could see $325. This line is going to be expensive.

I really only want the final form of Ultron, so this will be my only version. Are we thinking he will be diecast? If so, I put his price at around $350 same as Iron Man Mark 43. If plastic, I could see $325. This line is going to be expensive.

IF this is the final form, which I don't think it will be

I honestly think thats just a drone or Drone Commander/Captain :dunno

Now that you say that, you might be right. I thought the final version was the one in your signature, but I could see Marvel holding off on revealing that. So I guess the real question is how many versions are we getting? Hot toys only teased the one stand for Ultron.

I personally only want the EW cover head than anything else. If all we get is the human looking head, then I may seriously pass on this figure, which I wold be greatly disappointed about.

Yeah if its just the base figure(and I don't see these Ultron figures coming with additional heads) then I think $450 is a little high for this guy. Assuming its plastic and 15" and going by Striker(Robot, Plastic and 13.5"), I think $349 is a more reasonable price, Avengers tax could put it at $379
Again, thats just a guess

Sad that this is actually a thing :ohbfrank: but he is a must have. Damn you Hot Toys!

Now that you say that, you might be right. I thought the final version was the one in your signature, but I could see Marvel holding off on revealing that. So I guess the real question is how many versions are we getting? Hot toys only teased the one stand for Ultron.

I do believe this is the final form unless we get something even more human-looking. Though much as I liked how Ultron looked as a humanoid being in the comics, I'd prefer if they just stuck with this one as the final form since it would provide less headaches for collectors (especially since I can see it becoming a rather memorable design if his character is really well-written for a Marvel baddie).

That said, I don't think this will have extra heads unless we get different mouths/expressions or something. As for the EW cover, that does seem more like a drone commander or body substitute for Ultron than anything resembling a final form. Ultron's design progression always starts from something very robotic to something very human, hence why it's not really a stretch to assume that this design could be the final form already.

Personally I'm mainly after this form, with the Ultron Mk 1 being my next priority (and the drones/EW cover after that). I'll admit I'm actually surprised to hear that people are guessing that the price on this one (if plastic) could very well be under $400. So here's hoping it actually turns out that way. Admittedly I don't really see them packing many accessories for Ultron except for some extra hands or parts (extra head with a different expression would be neat tho), especially since I can see him being LED-heavy in terms of design and execution as a figure.

I don't doubt a third form for Ultron, there must be another Vibranium body for him, why else would Wakanda be involved, and it looks like the form we have seen already and the MK1 get damaged pretty easily. Unless the form(from my sig) is made of Vibranium and this form is the EW Cover Ultron:
avengers-age-of-ultron-10-660x330-quicksilver-vs-quicksilver-age-of-ultron-or-x-men-days-of-future-past.png

but I gotta say it looks like the same form as the other one(notice the bits flying off, that wouldn't happen with a Vibranium chassis)

any idea when the rest release from HT?

I honestly think thats just a drone or Drone Commander/Captain :dunno

I agree. We've seen Mark I at the Avengers mansion and Mark II is the 8 ft version HT is making. Mark III I think will remain a mystery until release - and like others have guessed will probably look freakish because of how close to human it'll look. I'm just hoping it looks nothing like the Vision, but I have a funny feeling it will.

I agree. We've seen Mark I at the Avengers mansion and Mark II is the 8 ft version HT is making. Mark III I think will remain a mystery until release - and like others have guessed will probably look freakish because of how close to human it'll look. I'm just hoping it looks nothing like the Vision, but I have a funny feeling it will.

I thought Mark 2 was the one in the trailer that confronts the Team?

Which? This guy
avengers-age-of-ultron-06a.gif

Mark1 ^^^
Mark2 v v v​

Ok, Ithought the Mark 1 was the version he crushed in his hands in that clip. But that makes sense. Then maybe the EW one is the Mark 3. It had the Red eyes, and all the drones seem to have blue eyes.

Ok, Ithought the Mark 1 was the version he crushed in his hands in that clip. But that makes sense. Then maybe the EW one is the Mark 3. It had the Red eyes, and all the drones seem to have blue eyes.

ah I see yeah this thing
avengers-age-of-ultron-06b.gif

maybe spoilers....v v v v I'm not sure, its not 100% confirmed....
Yeah thats an Iron Legion drone. Part of Tony's peace keeping program along with Ultron. They apparently fall under Ultron's control(or were already) and one of them steals Loki's scepter(if the LEGO sets are to be believed and if this indicates that the Avengers steal back the scepter from Hydra :dunno).
if you didnt read the spoiler tagged info it basically describes what the Iron Legion drone is and speculates its role

any idea when the rest release from HT?

None of these have firm final release dates. Heck most of them have yet to actually even get a proper press release yet. Until that happens it's just guess work.

And then you can usually count on a few months delay from the first announced release date.

I'm highly doubtful that the Mark 3 is the EW cover. If anything, based on the bare design of the EW cover, it looks like one of the drones, so it's most likely that the EW cover is the Mark 2 or a body substitute for when Ultron is leading his drones.

I don't get where people are recently adopting the idea that the main form is somehow a precursor design to the EW cover when it seems like the complete reverse since the EW cover looks thinner in its frame like the drones. The most popular assumption has always been:

Mark 1 - broken Iron Man suit
Mark 2 - EW cover
Mark 3 - main form in the trailers/promos

And if the EW cover isn't even a Mark 2 but a body-double, it's more likely just one of the drones being controlled by Ultron (making the main form the Mark 2 with no Mark 3 in sight as of yet). There's only a rumor that there's gonna be a separate "final" form in the film and even that's just pure speculation considering how it hasn't been long since everyone initially assumed that the "final form" is the one that's being promoted in the trailers/artworks (the one in my sig and avatar, also Brainiac's sig).

I'm highly doubtful that the Mark 3 is the EW cover. If anything, based on the bare design of the EW cover, it looks like one of the drones, so it's most likely that the EW cover is the Mark 2 or a body substitute for when Ultron is leading his drones.

I don't get where people are recently adopting the idea that the main form is somehow a precursor design to the EW cover when it seems like the complete reverse since the EW cover looks thinner in its frame like the drones. The most popular assumption has always been:

Mark 1 - broken Iron Man suit
Mark 2 - EW cover
Mark 3 - main form in the trailers/promos

And if the EW cover isn't even a Mark 2 but a body-double, it's more likely just one of the drones being controlled by Ultron (making the main form the Mark 2 with no Mark 3 in sight as of yet). There's only a rumor that there's gonna be a separate "final" form in the film and even that's just pure speculation considering how it hasn't been long since everyone initially assumed that the "final form" is the one that's being promoted in the trailers/artworks (the one in my sig and avatar, also Brainiac's sig).

The final form is what is displayed on your sig and avatar ronri. I know this for a Fact

Back