1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no need to rush on this one. this thing is worth $300 at most. i am pretty sure this will get in line with thanos and electro on black friday.

With a NRD on this figure I am going to wait...I am sure that James Spader will be a phenomenal Ultron voice and persona but I don't like the look at all...the holes in his cheeks are really bad....so if James can woo me over when I see Avengers 2 in a few months....I will get one...

So $375 for a plastic figure. Not diecast....plastic.

Wow.

Just not that into the design of the character that looks like blender mess of a terminator, Grievous and a Ron Moore Cylon....so, no.

Atthis rate, I'm thinkin' that plastic Hulbuster everyone's hankerin' for is going to run upwards of $600.....

Why do people think that die cast is more expensive than plastic when it's not? Diecast shouldn't be synonymous with expenses, especially when the "diecast" figures are usually more plastic than diecast. :lol

I know Hot Toys plays on that mentality when they release "DIECAST FIGURES", but in reality, die cast is quite cheap. If Ultron were "Diecast", it'd be cheaper than an all plastic one. The price on the other hand would be higher because of the advertised gimmick (oh my god, it's heavier and more sturdy!). Case in point, Hot Toys Robocop with it's 8% of diecast.

Last edited:
So $375 for a plastic figure. Not diecast....plastic.

Wow.

Just not that into the design of the character that looks like blender mess of a terminator, Grievous and a Ron Moore Cylon....so, no.

Atthis rate, I'm thinkin' that plastic Hulbuster everyone's hankerin' for is going to run upwards of $600.....

That piece of plastic happens to represent a character that highly appeals to me, and one that in no doubt required a lot of tooling and meticulous sculpting just to churn out 16 inches worth of it with glowing internal lights unlike anything we've seen from an IM figure. I don't see how it being a piece of plastic somehow makes it less worth it when 90% of 1/6 collectibles are made of the damn thing. :lecture

Terminator? Grievous? Cylon? I don't see how being a "combination" of those lessens the impact of the character design, especially when Ultron's entire persona in the comics is a HUGE callback to those very same type of pulpy sci-fi killer robots.

Just read the email, went right to SSC and found out its $375 + 25 shipping...and NRD. Kind of disappointed with the price. I know its a totally new design, but i think I'll wait and see the Sentries...

850$ pffft its only money yo.... imagine what you can do with thanos and ultron. Priceless...

All this talk about price..how does everyone rate the job Hot Toys did on the figure? I wanna see it unlit the way it's gonna look on my shelf. Wish they used some type of red phosphorescent glass crystal inside to get it to shimmer in natural light-then the price might be more justified. This is one figure that needs the batteries/lights on to really pop !

Incidentally, my dad just offered to buy me anything below approx. $500 since I had my birthday a few days ago. I figure I'll just go for this one and might as well make it easier for him price-wise. :)

Hard-knock-life.gif

Just kiddin' man! :lol Congrats, and happy be-lated! :hi5:

All this talk about price..how does everyone rate the job Hot Toys did on the figure? I wanna see it unlit the way it's gonna look on my shelf. Wish they used some type of red phosphorescent glass crystal inside to get it to shimmer in natural light-then the price might be more justified. This is one figure that needs the batteries/lights on to really pop !

Ultron.jpg

I said it from the start, the sculpt looks fantastic! I think it'll only get better as more production photos come out. It's definitely true though, that this would look a lot more stunning if the lights were always on. Powered-down Ultron loses a bit of presence. The body still looks okay, but the face loses all life instantly. Though I'm sure some would argue that it wouldn't be a Hot Toy without lifeless eyes :lol

Still, I think those who do purchase him will be really happy in the end! Though those upset or turned away by the price are justified as well...even though some will no doubt change their mind once they see the movie. But I mean, that always happens! Who doesn't want everything after they leave the theater? :lol

Back