1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You in for everything Ultron, right? :D

Honestly it's pretty hectic planning out which figures to buy (besides HT I'm also picking up other figures of Ultron from diff. companies) and I can't even imagine how much this whole Ultron spree will cost me come the time HT adds the drone and the hypothetical Mk 1. :monkey4

Honestly it's pretty hectic planning out which figures to buy (besides HT I'm also picking up other figures of Ultron from diff. companies) and I can't even imagine how much this whole Ultron spree will cost me come the time HT adds the drone and the hypothetical Mk 1. :monkey4

no kidding... I plan on going nuts with AOU.... so much stuff to get and not just collectibles, but posters, prints, comics, steelbooks and other assorted memorabilia

Wow... that's it! I'm priced out! For real this time... can't do $400 a pop, that is just crazy. Looks like BTTF will be my last line with HT. Man, I freaking miss those days of $180 dollar HT figures.

you can see that they're at the highest quality they've ever been? and this is 16 inches, highly detailed, lights up in five different places and has a unique stand? i wasn't shocked by this price at all. i just bought black widow for 180 (and superman for 150), don't expect them all to be like this, they have standards for what they charge and normally stick to them. this ones no different.

no kidding... I plan on going nuts with AOU.... so much stuff to get and not just collectibles, but posters, prints, comics, steelbooks and other assorted memorabilia
Mostly I'm just aiming for an Ultron-centric collection and I already snagged one of those photos of Ultron online that's signed by Spader. If anything it was Ultron that properly introduced me to the Avengers (mostly was a Spidey and X-fan myself) so I actually have little attachment to the group besides the mad robot.

It's not much but I already have a small collection of Ultron figures, both old and new (not in the picture but I also have some few personal customs and the tiny Hasbro MU figure).
LyWTLz7.jpg

I can easily see this growing exponentially as the year passes by. :lol

Oh I completely get why they do it. I just don't feel that I as a customer should have to suffer the indecision of others. So I'll take my business elsewhere. Whatever that means because they still get their share as a distributor.

Also, value schmalvue. I don't buy toy futures. If these things are worth anything in 50 years then society as whole has lost the meaning of what true value is.

yes, buying elsewhere does seem to be the answer to your problem. although i'm willing to bet you're gonna preorder it from sideshow anyways just to get the reward points. like the rest of us who did the same thing and didn't complain about it on a message board.

If they are the same size and as intricate in detail as Ultron Prime, I highly doubt they'll do a 2 pack. Maybe they will do one figure that is both red and blue. Who knows.

Thought I'd salvage this post from the depths since I think it's an interesting point of discussion. That said, the Sentries definitely look smaller than Ultron, and judging by promos/trailers, they seem pretty close to Captain America or Iron Man size-wise.

Thought I'd salvage this post from the depths since I think it's an interesting point of discussion. That said, the Sentries definitely look smaller than Ultron, and judging by promos/trailers, they seem pretty close to Captain America or Iron Man size-wise.

Yeah they look just a tad taller than Cap
aad.gif

I'm not sure about a 2pk of drones but the bodies are different between Sentry A and B, so multiple bodies will be needed, no LED switching

Do we have any points of reference that would help to determine the height of the Sentries?

I'm hoping they are a touch bigger than Cap or Iron Man, so a figure would be about 13".

Also think that having one figure with alternating coloured lights would be the way to go but HT may decide to go the other way and make two figures. In either case I'd only be using the red version.

Nice pic Brainiac! Yeah they look a bit bigger than Cap judging by that scene.

That said, if HT will make a dozen Sentry variants then I'll most probably only get two blues and a red. If the price doesn't permit that then I'll settle for the red one.

Sadly much as I'd love to grab as many as I can, I'm no huge army-builder. :lecture

anyone wanna mock up a size comparison between this and Thanos? & a normal figure maybe, say a Cap or IM

I thought they would have put up the drones first rather than Ultron Prime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought they would have put up the drones first rather than Ultron Prime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With the amount of hype surrounding the film, I think it's a smart choice to put out the main antagonist first. Gives them good publicity, not to mention the wait for the Sentries will make the hype grow even stronger (for better or for worse).

Back