1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did Hot Toys ever read hi-res pics of this?

I don't think so, actually its hard to tell. The public havent seen hi-res full body shots of this guy yet(which takes away our ability to point out its flaws and call Hot Toys on their inaccurate sculpts). Same with the MK43(which I'm highly suspicious of)
We also don't know whether or not Hot Toys recieved artwork or screenshots from Marvel to help their development of the figure

just simply "ultron" from Dragon.

094536p0ge4qusppbuxudu.jpg

I actually like what Hot Toys did with this guy. It will look great when it comes out EXCEPT for the head :ohbfrank: MAJOR improvements needed

Really? I think it's pretty great so far. Main improvements I'd go for would be to smooth out the overlapping plates more (since they're not as readily prominent just going by the trailers) and maybe make the whole head a tiny bit bigger in size. Otherwise, this is actually the most spot-on Ultron head sculpt we've gotten by far that actually looks like the movie Ultron rather than just being inspired from the concept artworks.

Really? I think it's pretty great so far. Main improvements I'd go for would be to smooth out the overlapping plates more (since they're not as readily prominent just going by the trailers) and maybe make the whole head a tiny bit bigger in size. Otherwise, this is actually the most spot-on Ultron head sculpt we've gotten by far that actually looks like the movie Ultron rather than just being inspired from the concept artworks.

Yeah but thats photoshopped like crazy... and in comparison to the EMPIRE cover it is lacking the proper details all over the head

Yeah but thats photoshopped like crazy... and in comparison to the EMPIRE cover it is lacking the proper details all over the head

Can't argue with that and I definitely agree about the Empire comparison. Regardless of me liking it though, I do hope that HT still improves on the sculpt and make it sharper and crisper. We've got a looooong way until this gets released, and given how the film comes out in the middle of the year, one can only hope that HT doesn't slack off and actually touch this up with full-on references from the movie.

Can't argue with that and I definitely agree about the Empire comparison. Regardless of me liking it though, I do hope that HT still improves on the sculpt and make it sharper and crisper. We've got a looooong way until this gets released, and given how the film comes out in the middle of the year, one can only hope that HT doesn't slack off and actually touch this up with full-on references from the movie.

Thats what I'm hoping for..... if they revisit this after the movie is out they could probably get a more accurate likeness... but there are more Ultrons to make and they might not go back at all :dunno

With that price, a lot of buyers will drop this if its not improved.

I'll still get him but I will not be happy about it.

Thankfully they nailed the MK1 head already... I can't wait to see the full figure, if its made
hd.jpg

For those in the know, will this be his final form or is there speculation that he has another after this one?

For those in the know, will this be his final form or is there speculation that he has another after this one?

There's speculation. But no one knows for sure what order they come in. Or if there may even be another version.

My question with this figure is about the stand... The pre-order revealed that the stand coming with Ultron Prime will have an LED function, but the picture of the stand from Hot Toys looks vastly different from the picture we saw a few months ago with the entire AoU Hot Toy line-up.. Does that mean this isn't the Ultron figure that's going with the "set" of 10 AoU figures? Or did they just vastly redesign the stands? The Cap HT shows a stand identical to the old picture, so I'm wondering if we should be expecting another Ultron figure with a matching stand.

Hot-Toys-Ultron-13.jpg

HT-AOU-FULL.jpg

Hot-Toys-Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-Captain-America-016.jpg

Some of the 10 stands HT posted was just a teaser, those won't be the actual stands the figures ship with. Hulk for example won't come with a stand but he's got a stand in that pic.

My question with this figure is about the stand... The pre-order revealed that the stand coming with Ultron Prime will have an LED function, but the picture of the stand from Hot Toys looks vastly different from the picture we saw a few months ago with the entire AoU Hot Toy line-up.. Does that mean this isn't the Ultron figure that's going with the "set" of 10 AoU figures? Or did they just vastly redesign the stands? The Cap HT shows a stand identical to the old picture, so I'm wondering if we should be expecting another Ultron figure with a matching stand.

View attachment 169011

View attachment 169010

View attachment 169012

Maybe it's for a different Ultron? But there is a Hulk stand in that pic and the actual release doesn't come with one so its a maybe that they changed the stands.

The avengers promo photo was a publicity image. Just an artistic way to reveal the line up other then a list of names. You couldn't use the same stand for every figure. There's a 5-8 inch height difference in some of these. Add the weight to that and some of them need unique stands.

The avengers promo photo was a publicity image. Just an artistic way to reveal the line up other then a list of names. You couldn't use the same stand for every figure. There's a 5-8 inch height difference in some of these. Add the weight to that and some of them need unique stands.

Benissimo. Now I'll be able to sleep tonight. Ty.

dont-believe-you.gif

Back