1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how well this figure actually moves. Looking at the promo pics I feel that he has a lot range in his joints, but HT just kind of sucks at posing him. I mean they didn't show off his mouth articulation except for the last pic. It's not the first time to have happened with HT's figures and I have no doubt some folks could make more convincing poses for the figure. Also would have been great if they showed him side by side to another Avengers figure (Iron Man or something) to really show off his height and the intricacy of the details. Still, I can't wait for this guy, he's going to look majestic on the shelf towering over the other figures.

I wonder how well this figure actually moves. Looking at the promo pics I feel that he has a lot range in his joints, but HT just kind of sucks at posing him. I mean they didn't show off his mouth articulation except for the last pic. It's not the first time to have happened with HT's figures and I have no doubt some folks could make more convincing poses for the figure. Also would have been great if they showed him side by side to another Avengers figure (Iron Man or something) to really show off his height and the intricacy of the details. Still, I can't wait for this guy, he's going to look majestic on the shelf towering over the other figures.

Centerpiece for you Ronri?
I don't know why Hot Toys can't pose for crap, they make the things for ****s sake :lol. The mouth articulation might be useful for certain poses

I don't know why Hot Toys can't pose for crap, they make the things for ****s sake :lol. The mouth articulation might be useful for certain poses
Most definitely. :hi5:

I might try and have it surrounded by my other Ultron merch that I'll be collecting for most of this year. I honestly don't see myself collecting that many figures from the MCU after this, barring maybe odd favorites like Dr. Strange or, fingers crossed, Dormammu if he ends up as Stephen's antagonist (this is disregarding any future MCU films after Infinity War though).

Also yeah, 90% of the time I've seen people here bringing more life into these figures than most of HT's promo pics. It's ridiculous how so many toy companies can't pose their figures when they're the ones making them. :lol

Most definitely. :hi5:

I might try and have it surrounded by my other Ultron merch that I'll be collecting for most of this year. I honestly don't see myself collecting that many figures from the MCU after this, barring maybe the occasional odd favorites ilke Dr. Strange or, fingers crossed, Dormammu (this is disregarding any future MCU films after Infinity War though).

Also yeah, 90% of the time I've seen people here bringing more life into these figures than most of HT's promo pics. It's ridiculous how so many toy companies can't pose their figures when they're the ones making them. :lol

I'm looking forward to Doctor Strange too.... I really like magic characters and I will definitely be looking for a 1/6 Doc. You think Dormammu will be the bad guy in the movie?

I dread seeing what's coming after Infinity Wars.... :thud:

I'm looking forward to Doctor Strange too.... I really like magic characters and I will definitely be looking for a 1/6 Doc. You think Dormammu will be the bad guy in the movie?

I dread seeing what's coming after Infinity Wars.... :thud:

Depends, personally just out of caution I think the chances are very slim due to the very cosmic/god-like status of Dormammu as a threat in the MCU. That said, it's very hard to rule out as a possibility for the film with how popular he is as Dr. Strange's villain, and given how most of Dormammu's stories focus on him mainly plotting in his own dimension, it shouldn't be too hard for Marvel to write something like that.

Haha, I can't even imagine what other sort of films Marvel Studios will do after Infinity Wars. :lol

Well the MKIV marketing poses were awesome...

PD1340963653Mp3.jpg

Looking closer at the decals on the Lego "Ultimate Ultron" it looks like it uses the same template as Ultron Prime (basically the armor shapes) only the main difference is that it almost seems like he's covered in molten metal based on the wavy pattern (complete with the edges seemingly dripping down unevenly):
QejYuF5.jpg

I know that folks have mentioned the idea of Ultron using molten metal to coat his external frame (what with the trailer and all) so I thought I'd show this as it could very well be an indication of how Ultron will end up (literally) covering himself with vibranium. I can easily see this form turning out almost the same way as Ultron Prime only with a smooth/wavy external frame and less visible panel lines. Would be very cool to see how it turns out and for HT to make it.

It also looks like he's got more armour covering him including a helmet which (hopefully) will bring his head more in line with tradition.

Maybe tomorrow's trailer will reveal more?

It also looks like he's got more armour covering him including a helmet which (hopefully) will bring his head more in line with tradition.

Maybe tomorrow's trailer will reveal more?

The "helmet" could be their way of simulating the molten metal on top of his head instead of being a literal helmet he puts on, especially since it still has that strange wavy pattern like the ones seen on his body. For all we know, the vibranium might end up smoothing out his entire head.

Very true, wonder why they've gone with an orange glow too?

Yeah that's one of the things, I'm wondering about. This is just a hunch, but they might be trying to differentiate it from Ultron Prime since, aside from the lighter gray/silver body, they might have wanted to make him look like he's glowing brighter by using orange instead of red.

Yeah that's one of the things, I'm wondering about. This is just a hunch, but they might be trying to differentiate it from Ultron Prime since, aside from the lighter gray/silver body, they might have wanted to make him look like he's glowing brighter by using orange instead of red.

Very possible.... I really wouldn't mind :dunno

Back