1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Also some more:

NzWVtta.png

olR0Hbr.png

If that last one isn't a Crimson Cowl easter egg, then I don't know what else it is (if you get what I mean, I will absolutely LOVE you). :drool

Good lord, I'm definitely going to have to get both Prime and Ultimate. Prime seems to be, well... his primary appearance for most of the film whereas I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that Ultimate will be his final battle appearance. :panic:

The only thing I thought was weird was how ultimate ultron was just hovering with no repulsers like the other drones, will be interesting to see if it's to do with the ultimate armor/body, looks like there's a red ball in his chest, first thought was possibly a gyroscope?

I'm not seeing any difference between Prime and Ultimate except maybe shine and size. If that's the case skipping the Hot Toys Prime is a no brainer I'll just pick up Ultimate. And Sentries cause they look even better than Ultron himself IMHO.

What if that beefier Ultron becomes an Exclusive? Just a thought. That would surely drive some people nuts -- and would guarantee less cancellations of Ultron Prime :)

I'm not seeing any difference between Prime and Ultimate except maybe shine and size. If that's the case skipping the Hot Toys Prime is a no brainer I'll just pick up Ultimate. And Sentries cause they look even better than Ultron himself IMHO.

His chest pieces are a little larger, and he has belly covering that wasn't on the Prime version.

Posting the 2 pics from the AoU thread here to compare, very clear differences in the torso design.

attachment.php
10959685_10152610015637344_6704002742742252032_n__64494_zoom.jpg

In terms of overall design and proportions, I personally like Ultron Prime the most. He's big, bulky, with a nice combination of sleekness to his overall skeletal frame.

I do like that Ultimate Ultron seems to be a smoother and beefier version of Ultron Prime, but proportion-wise and general design it REALLY reminds of this figure, claws and buffed up chest and all. :lol
Ultron02.jpg

No doubt the film version already looks 10000000x better than that, but I can't help but be reminded of how Toybiz screwed up when they made that back then (and if anyone asks, yes I do own that figure :monkey2:rotfl).

Also it's hard to see but I think Ultimate has an extra layer of plating on his head, like a helmet... confirms the Lego design that provides a helmet.

Looking closer at the decals on the Lego "Ultimate Ultron" it looks like it uses the same template as Ultron Prime (basically the armor shapes) only the main difference is that it almost seems like he's covered in molten metal based on the wavy pattern (complete with the edges seemingly dripping down unevenly):
QejYuF5.jpg

I know that folks have mentioned the idea of Ultron using molten metal to coat his external frame (what with the trailer and all) so I thought I'd show this as it could very well be an indication of how Ultron will end up (literally) covering himself with vibranium. I can easily see this form turning out almost the same way as Ultron Prime only with a smooth/wavy external frame and less visible panel lines. Would be very cool to see how it turns out and for HT to make it.

It also looks like he's got more armour covering him including a helmet which (hopefully) will bring his head more in line with tradition.

Maybe tomorrow's trailer will reveal more?

Lego analysis is usually indicative of movie accuracy ?

It's an exact science apparently! :wink1:

Yeah was that Ultimate Ultron :panic:
tumblr_nkpaedcizC1rt5ctno2_500.gif

See, exact science! :wink1:

Putting aside the visuals for a second, can I just say how much I love what little we are seeing of Whedon's writing and Spader's performance for Ultron?

Seriously, I-I can't... I just...
giphy.gif

Back