1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It wont be diecast, their just gonna retool prime and add the new armour, the basic frame is the same afterall

Honestly, the die cast figures look no better in the display. They do feel MUCH better in hand!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They might not necessarily look better it could simply be perception, but certainly when you pick it up it feels much more substantial than plastic. I also don't know if there is a difference in long term wear or color fading, maybe not. But I do think diecast gives these figures more of a high end appeal. Given the choice I'd probably pay a 25% premium.

I really wished they changed the head design for final Ultron a bit. It really looks like the same with really minor tweaks. It's also really missing the red glow factor. (I know it's in day light.. but yeah..) Think I'm gonna stick with my Ultron Sentry and MK1 as I've said before. lol. Maybe I"ll pick up Prime or Ultimate in the future.

Also did anyone catch Ultron on the throne reference in the trailer? It was great! When I saw it I was like OMG.. NICE.

I really wished they changed the head design for final Ultron a bit. It really looks like the same with really minor tweaks. It's also really missing the red glow factor. (I know it's in day light.. but yeah..) Think I'm gonna stick with my Ultron Sentry and MK1 as I've said before. lol. Maybe I"ll pick up Prime or Ultimate in the future.

Also did anyone catch Ultron on the throne reference in the trailer? It was great! When I saw it I was like OMG.. NICE.

Yeah, and that bit made me think of Dr. Doom as well

I was thinking more of Crimson Cowl actually, since that was Ultron's first appearance and all....

jarvis2.jpg

Nlngjqx.jpg

olR0Hbr.png

True! Great Point! :hi5: There's always a reason to everything that is put on screen lol.

I just hope there is enough difference or extras to justify another purchase....

So far.. it doesn't look like it unless they include the throne chair and the sheet that is covering him for Ultimate. Otherwise.. it's gonna look pretty much the same with minor tweaks from what we've seen so far that is. This could change in the movie.. maybe a battle damaged version.. who knows?

Just bringing this back if anyone's wondering about some of the differences between the two...
Same as with the AOU thread, just gonna copy-paste my post from there:

So I did some comparisons and tried to tell apart which are the "new" armor pieces on Ultimate Ultron. While it's perfectly possible that it's an entirely new body in-universe, I've highlighted in red the new major parts they've added to create Ultimate Ultron's form compared to Ultron Prime.

Crude lines I know, but it's just for quick reference for those who are wondering:
MqhdSyx.png

Beyond those, the parts I left out are mostly the same as Ultron Prime (even pattern-wise). Going off of that, it almost looks like he's literally wearing armor on top of his original form.

So far.. it doesn't look like it unless they include the throne chair and the sheet that is covering him for Ultimate. Otherwise.. it's gonna look pretty much the same with minor tweaks from what we've seen so far that is. This could change in the movie.. maybe a battle damaged version.. who knows?

Now that would be awesome.

maybe hot toys will surprise us and include the parts for ultimate in the currently announced figure. lets hope they are keeping it secret until the movie comes out. a la potted groot being included in the groot/rocket set. this might explain ultron's outrageous price

Back