1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't get too riled up about the height. Remember MoS? That figure changed like crazy to match the character in the movie. It'll be fine. And if he is a little tall so be it! It's going to look amazing regardless

So is iron man! But i am guessing ultron's could be slightly higher.
Yeah it doesnt look as high, plus IM pose might take him down a bit
I wouldn't get too riled up about the height. Remember MoS? That figure changed like crazy to match the character in the movie. It'll be fine. And if he is a little tall so be it! It's going to look amazing regardless
:lecture :clap

If you visually imagine Iron Mans feet on the same level as ultrons, you can see his head ends at the base of ultrons neck... looks great to me.

Scale doesn't look right at all. Not sure what you guys are looking at but Ultron looks way too damn big.

Their base are practically at even height and it doesn't excuse the 2 inch difference between the two. Ultron looks to be about half an inch higher than Mark 43 due to their bases. Take that away and he's still too tall. Looks like a 1/4 figure.

11046183_10154107454297588_1284548700128993885_n.jpg

16729115101_cf3c3de836_b.jpg

Even after lowering Ultron, you can see how much bigger he still is. They need to shave an inch off of him.

16542799788_afde0f70fc_b.jpg

Again angles. If you look at him next to Quicksilver, he is just fine height wise. Reserve the tweaking out for when we actually see the movie and can more accurately compare heights.

It's definitely the angle. If you look at Wanda and Pietro's height/proportions it's pretty obvious that they're not properly lined up with IM and Thor in that shot.

Yeah, I mean the same could be said about the photo reference being used for the figures. Ultron looks like a monster in the above photos, but if you take note of the angle that the shot was taken from on that display, Ultron is obviously closer to the viewer while IM looks tiny in comparison. Here's a better example if people want to compare their heights:

WeT74G0.png

Also going by how Ultron looks in the latest trailer, I just wanna say that the figure looks outstanding there and it seems to represent the design pretty well, contrary to people's fears of it looking "dead" without the lights on. All of the early worries about needing to have Ultron lit up 24/7 seem so irrelevant now when the lights all over his body barely even stand out in the new trailer.

The newest pics showing how big he has risen my interest in the figure. But unfortunately I think Ultimate looks far too similar to Prime so I'm going to end up waiting for that version, unfortunately this is still getting a pass from me.

Back