1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys I need your opinion. There are so many great figures out there right now especially from the AOU line. I'm at a point where I have to really have to narrow down which figures I need within this time period and the budget is getting tight. My question to you all is, I'm torn between getting this Ultron Prime or getting Thanos (I can only get one for now) I know Thanos is a little more expensive overall, but If you all had to choose, which one would you get and why? Thanks guys!

Hey guys I need your opinion. There are so many great figures out there right now especially from the AOU line. I'm at a point where I have to really have to narrow down which figures I need within this time period and the budget is getting tight. My question to you all is, I'm torn between getting this Ultron Prime or getting Thanos (I can only get one for now) I know Thanos is a little more expensive overall, but If you all had to choose, which one would you get and why? Thanks guys!

I would get Ultron because this is probably the only time we will get him not to mention he looks so awesome. I'm sure we will get another Thanos when he has a large role as a villian.

I'd choose Thanos for now. Ultron is a better character but the figure is meh. It might get updated and will look better but as is its not worth it. Thanos is huge as well but you also get the Throne with him. Much better value

I'd get Ultron now since we have no idea when he's gonna pop up again. And we know for sure that we'll get Thanos again in the future, with an extra Infinity Gauntlet hand...least I hope it's an extra hand. But I would get Ultron right now.

Great question. If you are in this hobby for the long haul, I would get Ultron, simply because HT will make another Thanos based on future movies and it's possible that this will be the only Ultron, ala Red Skull at the moment. Of course no matter what you can always try to get either on the secondary market, but value could increase on either of these.

I know this might sound like a biased choice given that it's me, but personally I'd choose Ultron Prime over Thanos for now.

To put it simply, unless HT suddenly goes bankrupt or dissolves as a company in the future, there's a huge chance that they'll make another Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet come the time that Avengers: Infinity War comes out. The current Thanos, while he looks great, I wouldn't call definitive by any means due to the fact that it's based on a brief appearance and he doesn't really serve as the driving force of the story. With Avengers: Age Of Ultron, Ultron Prime will definitely be front and center and I foresee that he'll be one of the most memorable parts of the upcoming film. Also, unless you're waiting to see if HT makes Ultimate Ultron and opt for that instead, I highly doubt that HT will revisit Ultron Prime, so what you see is what you get.

TLDR: Get Ultron Prime because, more than likely, Thanos will get a second figure in the future.

That said, all of my reasons can easily fall flat if you have a strong preference for one or the other so it's really up to you and what you want for your collection. Chasing things in the secondary market is also an option but obviously, keep in mind that either figure could go up in price in the future.

Great question. If you are in this hobby for the long haul, I would get Ultron, simply because HT will make another Thanos based on future movies and it's possible that this will be the only Ultron, ala Red Skull at the moment. Of course no matter what you can always try to get either on the secondary market, but value could increase on either of these.

Well except for the 2 other Ultrons that will be made lol

You guys are awesome and make really strong cases for both, I'm leaning towards Ultron right now! Thanks guys!!!!!!!!

You guys are awesome and make really strong cases for both, I'm leaning towards Ultron right now! Thanks guys!!!!!!!!

Wait for Ultimate Ultron which I am 100% sure will be made.

Then wait for Thanos with infinity gauntlet.

Done.

While waiting...

Get Hulkbuster.

Darn it!! i came in thinking I am not getting this figure since the HB just broke me and soured me into collecting anymore Hot Toys but Anthony's video is just,,,Arrgh!! I will wait until the last minute and wait for any sale and apply my entire discount into this figure. I don't think the 1966 Batmobile is ever going to be made.

I was thinking more of Crimson Cowl actually, since that was Ultron's first appearance and all....

jarvis2.jpg

Nlngjqx.jpg

olR0Hbr.png

Yeah that's the reference the scene is meant to incite, but it also serves as a reference to Ultron on the throne.

And in a non-related way looks a lot like a Dr. Doom sat on his throne within his Latverian castle.

I'm still interested in this but only have the money for one Ultron atm so waiting for the sentry or ultimate if sentry doesnt get made. But once I graduate and secure a job I'll pick the other Ultrons up for a separate display

Wait for Ultimate Ultron which I am 100% sure will be made.

Then wait for Thanos with infinity gauntlet.

Done.

While waiting...

Get Hulkbuster.

HB ordered! That's partially why I had to make the choice:yess:

Back