1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Legend Studio 23" case would display this guy pretty well. Bet it would look awesome to have him on top of a detolf filled with the Avengers.

Oh I'm so glad that even after the new trailer Ultron Prime catches me more. He looks more... raw, I really like that. My wallet is much less happy about this.

Oh I'm so glad that even after the new trailer Ultron Prime catches me more. He looks more... raw, I really like that. My wallet is much less happy about this.
I agree. While I'm definitely getting Ultimate Ultron as well once HT decides to make that form, I'll admit that I prefer the way that Ultron Prime comes across in terms of overall presence and design (so far). Compared to the claws and bulky chest/forearms of Ultimate Ultron, I just really prefer the more human-like proportions and design elements of Ultron Prime. The way they've animated him just feels so "alive" in the clips we've seen. The scene where he rips the wire attached to his head and the one where he was chasing after Cap and just took on his shield-throw like a boss, they just really stood out as highlights of the trailer for me.

I have little doubt that Ultimate Ultron will impress me once I see more of it, but so far I definitely prefer Ultron Prime.

Scale doesn't look right at all. Not sure what you guys are looking at but Ultron looks way too damn big.

Their base are practically at even height and it doesn't excuse the 2 inch difference between the two. Ultron looks to be about half an inch higher than Mark 43 due to their bases. Take that away and he's still too tall. Looks like a 1/4 figure.

11046183_10154107454297588_1284548700128993885_n.jpg

16729115101_cf3c3de836_b.jpg

Even after lowering Ultron, you can see how much bigger he still is. They need to shave an inch off of him.

16542799788_afde0f70fc_b.jpg

I think it's all perspective. That top pic makes Ultron look twice the size of IM and Cap.

We all know HT isn't a stickler for scale and exact measurements. But as long as Ultron is about 16 inches tall, it should proportion nicely.

Dang, you people JUST WANT to have something to complain about Ultron, huh?

I took the photo from the previous page, and moved Iron Man over to the same level as Ultron with no resizing.

25ko7x5.png

Even taking perspective into consideration, I think it looks like it is comparable to the height shown in the trailer:

21d4l07.png

I mentioned this earlier and it's starting to turn into :horse Part of the reason is IM is a little taller than 6' in the trailer shot while the HT IM figures are normally 12". The angle of the trailer shot also makes it hard to compare, Ultron is standing farther back and the bridge is angled away from IM. We know Quicksilver is around 6' and Ultron should be 8', so I suppose that's good enough.

I don't get the complaints about this figure. He looks amazing and it's getting harder for me to hold back on ordering it. CDUK just reduced the price again as well so I'm very close to pulling the trigger. I already have a few layaway orders with them though so I have to hold back :(

I don't get the complaints about this figure. He looks amazing and it's getting harder for me to hold back on ordering it. CDUK just reduced the price again as well so I'm very close to pulling the trigger. I already have a few layaway orders with them though so I have to hold back :(

I hope you are able to swing it because this thing is going to be awesome

Lol slightly better but I just watched Budget Stark's size comparison video. I think I'm a lost cause!

Lol slightly better but I just watched Budget Stark's size comparison video. I think I'm a lost cause!

Well you do realize that towards the end of the movie, Ultron is revealed as
Spoiler Spoiler:

Does that help?

Was there always a TS sculpt with the 43?

Nope. Not at toy soul anyway.

As for the size comp...look at QS and SW... He is much larger. So the scale looks about right. It may not be perfect, but if none of the others are either no big.

Was there always a TS sculpt with the 43?

Nope. Not at toy soul anyway.

As for the size comp...look at QS and SW... He is much larger. So the scale looks about right. It may not be perfect, but if none of the others are either no big.

I'm pretty sure the Tony head is the clean version of the BD head that came with the XLII, is it not? And it's always been part of the PO, right?

Back