1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This photo puts the HB into perspective for me; each appendage is a 6th scale figure…then you get a massive torso with a Mk 43 surprise inside! Now I'd like to see official HD photos with the thing opened up.

10300160_759999260750978_6239281467584244942_n.jpg

Yeah I just spoke with SS today and she said that HB is selling "way below expectations". I asked if she thought it was because of the high price and she replied that most of the staff believes that is indeed the case.

Expect to see this figure either available for months after release or SS limiting their orders to preorders only. IMO, I believe that if you do need to have this (like myself) you should preorder it Asap.

I am a hardcore IM collector and this is pushing it even for me but i will buy it. I could see them limiting it but not until a month or so after the movie is released. If you are selling a new model car and orders are low you cut back on production, you do not make a bunch and heavily discount them.

I am a hardcore IM collector and this is pushing it even for me but i will buy it. I could see them limiting it but not until a month or so after the movie is released. If you are selling a new model car and orders are low you cut back on production, you do not make a bunch and heavily discount them.

Exactly! Because of my conversation with SS today, I believe that if the preorders don't pick up by the end of May (a month after AoU release) then SS will probably cut their orders down. And if that happens, I'd guess HT to actually cut production numbers as well.

I'm Sure their will be plenty of time (at least a few more months) to get a preorder secured but if HT does indeed limit production because of low orders, it will be better to get in on your order soon rather than later.

Yeah I just spoke with SS today and she said that HB is selling "way below expectations". I asked if she thought it was because of the high price and she replied that most of the staff believes that is indeed the case.

Expect to see this figure either available for months after release or SS limiting their orders to preorders only. IMO, I believe that if you do need to have this (like myself) you should preorder it Asap.
Has anyone gotten preorder info from them on Thanos? If orders are low that'll increase the chance of a good deal on him later on

Putting things in perspective if this is your hobby.

Amount of hours worked to get this figure(post tax).

On Allowance and mow the lawn/babysit from time to time (60/week): 14 weeks
Min Wage Workers (MCD/Walmart/Target/etc): 110hrs (3 weeks)
Technicians/Bell Boys/Waiting Tables/Bankers making 14-18/hr: 65 hours
Teachers/Nurse/entry level workers as accountants, computer scientists/librarians/bartenders: 43 hours
Engineers/professors/PAs/whoever making 60-80k/year: 30 hours
Pharmacists/Optometrists/high level workers (in engineering/programer/manager)/lawyers in their fields making 100-150k: 20 hours
Physicians/Dentists: 12 hours

Is this figure worth it to you? ;)

Not sure where you're located but doctors make far more than $67 an hour and if your lawyer is making $40/hour, run as fast as you can and hire a competent lawyer somewhere else.

Not to call you out but why would someone from Sideshow tell a customer that their sales are way off? And when have they limited their sales to preorders only on non-exclusive figures?

Not sure where you're located but doctors make far more than $67 an hour and if your lawyer is making $40/hour, run as fast as you can and hire a competent lawyer somewhere else.

These are POST TAX figures. Md makes 100/hour, but uncle same takes 30-40 dollars out of that chunk. Also most lawyers make 100-150k(the paper pusher kind who never steps into a court room). Again, 40/hour is post tax figures as well. It's nonsense to talk about pretax figures in the U.S.

This photo puts the HB into perspective for me; each appendage is a 6th scale figure…then you get a massive torso with a Mk 43 surprise inside! Now I'd like to see official HD photos with the thing opened up.

View attachment 170660

Yeah, I saw that same picture and thought the exact same thing. Honestly I feel that the $825 including shipping is a fair price. Just look at how that hand can't even grip around the entire leg. This figure will be absolutely epic in the 1/6 scale community!

Not to call you out but why would someone from Sideshow tell a customer that their sales are way off? And when have they limited their sales to preorders only on non-exclusive figures?

Well all I can say is that I'm not lying and just quoted what was said to me. And as far as your statement regarding sales to preorders only, that was just speculation.

These are POST TAX figures. Md makes 100/hour, but uncle same takes 30-40 dollars out of that chunk. Also most lawyers make 100-150k(the paper pusher kind who never steps into a court room). Again, 40/hour is post tax figures as well. It's nonsense to talk about pretax figures in the U.S.

As someone who went to law school I can guarantee that most lawyers make nowhere near $100k, it's around $40-$50k.

Maaaan I was hoping to be able to wait until September to decide on this, so I could at least be armed with all my points.

Hope it's still available then.

Maaaan I was hoping to be able to wait until September to decide on this, so I could at least be armed with all my points.

Hope it's still available then.
You'll have at least until this ships. No way will it go sold out before then. Don't believe that's ever happened for a non-exclusive. BBTS also can be counted on to order a ton. You won't have any problem picking one up within a certain window from when these become available.

Hey since I'm very new to this community, how long do those SS points take to become active? I've already accumulated over 6500 in just 2 weeks.
40 days after the item ships, I believe.

So once this is released in 2016....BAM extreme battle damaged Hulkbuster goes up for pre order lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back