1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been fighting the urge to order this bad boy, but I finally caved.... Had Hulk, not the Deluxe, on order and the two are going to make a great display. It's pricey of course, but so awesome. Enough time to save the cash too.
But now I'm thinking that I have to get a second Hulk to display the team together also :lol

I remember some Knight Rider type knock off many years ago... late 90s or early 00s, and the car used to transform into another (better) car... I vaguely recall at the time it used to cost about 3/4 of a million for a transformation scene... lol..

I think the show your talking about is viper.

So far I have $330.15 in rewards, am I still holding out for more points to become available. If I were to order it now, it would only be $51.55 a month for 8 months.

Yeah it would be a complete waist of money. Doesn't mean it's not possible. But I am with you, it seems like they would not have cut much of this if it was finished. It's possible we get the pre layout cgi stuff that looks almost like a cartoon.

No way they finished it to theater quality and cut it. A full detailed suit up of something as detailed as the HB would be a 10 million dollar (min) piece of work.

The alt ending was shot mostly to prevent leaks. It will be cool to have on the Bly Ray but it wasn't cut for time. It was never intended to be in the movie. They actually shot more then two endings. But I doubt more then one alt makes the dvd.

I hope you are not buying it on DVD? If so please by a blu ray player lol.

So far I have $330.15 in rewards, am I still holding out for more points to become available. If I were to order it now, it would only be $51.55 a month for 8 months.

904.gif

1. Don't these super popular HT pieces usually appreciate over time? Or does it have to be an "EX" for that to happen typically?

2. Do we know if there will be an "EX" offering for this Hulkbuster or is it open ended?

3. I'd really love an even bigger (1:4) option, but looking around online it seems that Comicave Studios (which is Play Imaginative) has a less than stellar track record and I'm not thrilled with the proposed pose for the Imaginarium 1:4 statue.

So that means this 1:6 scale HT Hulkbuster is about the best, most highly detailed quality option?

thanks!

1. Don't these super popular HT pieces usually appreciate over time? Or does it have to be an "EX" for that to happen typically?

2. Do we know if there will be an "EX" offering for this Hulkbuster or is it open ended?

3. I'd really love an even bigger (1:4) option, but looking around online it seems that Comicave Studios (which is Play Imaginative) has a less than stellar track record and I'm not thrilled with the proposed pose for the Imaginarium 1:4 statue.

So that means this 1:6 scale HT Hulkbuster is about the best, most highly detailed quality option?

thanks!
1. Not everything appreciates and it's very difficult to figure out in advance what will or won't be popular on the secondary market. Because Hulkbuster is already in the very highest tier of retail figure pricing and will have a run large enough to completely saturate demand on release, I don't see its pricing rising at all on the secondary. Iron Monger, for example, despite being a very unique figure with a low run (comparatively) from arguably the best IM movie, still goes for about retail years after its release. An exclusive does often translate to a bit of a bump on the secondary but not always. I don't think it'd help in this case.

2. Exclusives are Sideshow only add-ons that SSC and HT agree to and are announced at the same time as the regular. When you buy from Sideshow, you'll automatically be directed to the exclusive when clicking on the product, if there is one. There is also a couple indicators on the product page and first few pictures to indicate what the exclusive is (sometimes it's that the figure itself is only available through Sideshow, as opposed to an extra item).

3. Realistically I'd say HT will be the best articulated option available. It seems likely from PA's track record that theirs with never see production or be riddled with problems if it does come out.

Oh boy I was wavering a bit but after ordering Mark 43, I'll eeventually have enough points to bring this under $600 ... so tempting.

Is it true that if you order from SS they take all the money upfront...but places like BBTS charge only $100 until it ships?

Oh ok...thanks for the clarification. I misunderstood.

Paying later is bad. I might preorder too much stuff!

Can the little bust be ordered now that fits inside? Sorry, couldn't find it after skimming through 400+ pages. 😃

I have a mk42.. Wonder if it will look outstanding posing next to HB since it have contrasting colors. I tot mk43 might "blend in" too well with HB.

Also tempted to plate all the gold part of HB and make it's gold "mirror reflective" to look like movie version instead of a matte gold finish. Don't know can be done or not..

Oh ok...thanks for the clarification. I misunderstood.

Paying later is bad. I might preorder too much stuff!

Can the little bust be ordered now that fits inside? Sorry, couldn't find it after skimming through 400+ pages. ��
The bust is included with the figure. You can't purchase it separately:)

Back