1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
45 too ha though I'm guessing they thought we'd seen enough of that in all his previous appearances ... bad call of true, I can't get enough IM suit-up sequences

Yea. I feel the same. People tend to care though when the actual figures somehow some how don't exactly match. And this is mostly why. The stuff on screen just doesn't need to take reality into account. So when it's produced it may need changes. I find it a minor miracle they manage to get as close as they do.

Yeah, which IM movie was Pepper reaching DEEP into Tony's chest to replace the Arc Reactor...yikes! Just had to push the "I Believe" button on that one.

That type of CG effect (the suit up) can be insanely expensive. My guess is they sacrificed it to show hulkbuster and all the ultron stuff. It's an added cost that's not important to the progression of the story. I know, when you think Avengers and/or marvel you don't think about budget much. But those sequences can cost millions of dollars.

Thats pretty good value.....

Not as good as this, although it might be better to wait for a coupon for even more savings
Avengers 2 Iron Man Hulk Buster Statue - Entertainment Earth

Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum...I'll take both for 12 bucks each...buy the little guy get the big guy as a pack in? No? Dang.

image.jpg

Last edited:
My commitment to Hulkbuster is wavering a bit. The size and price and my unwillingness to choose between the Mark 43 and 45 is killing me ... plus I think I might want to get Hawkeye. Maybe I'll settle for this:

6b0e6a0a2c864ddfe92cad0429e819ae.jpg

Haha Iron Man 1....always wondered where his ribcage went until I decided to let it go

The whole franchise requires you to let go of reality... Tony should be dead just from his testing process of the MkII.. The MkIII shouldn't have even got to the production stage.

Dunno whether any of you guys have ever followed an astronomer named Phil Plait?... He used to do humourous movie reviews picking apart sci-fi movies (all for fun), in particular the bad science of Armageddon type movies. Stuff that sticks in my mind is the likes of Optimas Prime catching a human falling 100 feet from a building. Getting 'caught' by a big robot hand will still result in you turning into a squished grape... :lol

Optimus Prime catching a human falling 100 feet from a building. Getting 'caught' by a big robot hand will still result in you turning into a squished grape... :lol

Unless Optimus matched the same velocity as Sam falling down, and gradually slow down for impact with the ground... Same argument with superman catching people

My commitment to Hulkbuster is wavering a bit. The size and price and my unwillingness to choose between the Mark 43 and 45 is killing me ... plus I think I might want to get Hawkeye. Maybe I'll settle for this:

6b0e6a0a2c864ddfe92cad0429e819ae.jpg

You know those look like awesome pieces. Kotobukiya also do great work. I have the Justice league statues from them and they are great. I might get those too rather than another Hulkbuster.

Considering they could show Tony's suiting up of any armor.. like fully suiting up from head to toe.. I don't know why we couldn't get a full suiting up of the Hulkbuster. It's just missing..

You say that like they are just pointing a camera at something that is really happening. The CGI in these movies is so time intensive that they usually have to start working on them before the entire script is finished just so they can be done by the final edit. Thousands of man hours and render time go into seconds of footage (see the dense clumps of names in the credits), so they aren't going to show extra extremely technical shots just for the hell of it, not when it can be implied by showing the last part of the suit up while deftly avoiding the clear problem of how the suit actually fits in there (it doesn't). Its a cheat, but that is the process of movie making and the job of a director.

Back