1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm done, unsubscribed this isn't the HT Hulkbuster thread anymore

Drama.gif

Isn't the KA Version proportions a little wonky?
Yep. The proportions are off a bit to make the figure work right with the 43 inside.
I'm not saying peeps who think this are wrong, but the KA & HT are so similar in proportion to me. One would think if you thought the KA was proportionately off, that you'd think the same of the HT?

10492990_1019398358092829_8881508849381154720_o.jpg

attachment.php

Do you think the KA MkXLIII armour is proportionately too large or too small for it's Hulkbuster, when comparing it too the HT figure?

I'm interested in both, they aren't the cheapest figures, so naturally, I like comparing them, & reading what others might have to say about it, without getting into a plastic measuring contest .....

Last edited:
I'm not saying peeps who think this are wrong, but the KA & HT are so similar in proportion to me. One would think if you thought the KA was proportionately off, that you'd think the same of the HT?

10492990_1019398358092829_8881508849381154720_o.jpg

attachment.php

Do you think the KA MkXLIII armour is proportionately too large or too small for it's Hulkbuster, when comparing it too the HT figure?

I'm interested in both, they aren't the cheapest figures, so naturally, I like comparing them, & reading what others might have to say about it, without getting into a plastic measuring size contest .....
Now this is just my opinion,

M biggest withdraw is KA's abdomen and hip region looks to narrow in my opinion, looks to much like the super hero body type because of it ie: slim waist broad shoulders.

The HTs one just looks all around beefy, even his hips

M biggest withdraw is KA's abdomen and hip region looks to narrow in my opinion, looks to much like the super hero body type because of it ie: slim waist broad shoulders.

Looks the same to me. It's the matter of camera angle and positioning.

Hot toys is turned slightly though. I prefer it too but mainly for scale with all my other HTs, that KA one looks prerty well the same though

I also like that about the HT. But no qualms about the proportion size of the MkXliI on either KA or HT?
I agree. I prefer the Hot Toys version
My eyes agree, but not sure if my hands will . . . . .

My eyes agree, but not sure if my hands will . . . . .

I do understand the appeal of diecast. The way it feels in hand is phenomenal. I'm not sure how much you handle your figures in hand. Me? I handle for a day tops then they're displayed. So the weight isn't a big deal to me at all.

For the price tag, yes. I would prefer diecast with the HT version. But if plastic means keeping the price down on this piece, I'll gladly take plastic.

I do understand the appeal of diecast. The way it feels in hand is phenomenal. I'm not sure how much you handle your figures in hand. Me? I handle for a day tops then they're displayed. So the weight isn't a big deal to me at all.

For the price tag, yes. I would prefer diecast with the HT version. But if plastic means keeping the price down on this piece, I'll gladly take plastic.
I don't really handle my HT figures too much either. Maybe a pose tweak here & there. Some of my excitement for the KA might stem from imagining having a higher end figure to mess with on the regular.

/

Somebody said the HT HB was around $670US in HK. Anybody get it for a similar price? I'm looking to maybe order from somewhere other than my default go to online store, SSC, if I can save that much.

So KA is offering up a 1:9 HB right?

What about that 1:4 scale HB we saw in the Budget Stark videos? Is that going to be a production piece? If so, that'd be huge money right?

Don't forget the shipping cost. Hope they offer Flex Pay on shipping as well.

I don't really handle my HT figures too much either. Maybe a pose tweak here & there. Some of my excitement for the KA might stem from imagining having a higher end figure to mess with on the regular.

/

Somebody said the HT HB was around $670US in HK. Anybody get it for a similar price? I'm looking to maybe order from somewhere other than my default go to online store, SSC, if I can save that much.

Only if you live in Hong Kong. Other stores have to pay to import and then store, label, ship to the customer. When you buy direct at SB it goes from the hot toys manufacturing facility to QC to warehouse to SB. For everyone else it's all of that ...plus on a ship/plane, to the port. To warehouse. To store. To their QC. To inventory. To shipping. To you. Hardly ever find the Hong Kong price anywhere else. And going forward the import/export from other regions will continue to be cut down and monitored.

And you said to don't really handle the figure..so why the hard on for diecast? The weight is the only upside it has..

And you said you where looking forward to "playing" with this KA one. What's different about it over any other scaled figure? The feature is neat on first blush but it's not something I would use very often. You will damage the paint or something on one of them. That's probably a pretty fair bet. So in not sure why this is the one to be playing now with.

Back