1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot toys just posted on facebook that hulkbuster is getting more ****! At least the second left arm. May need to buy this now

That would be cool- like the movie...this and MK 43 might be the only AoU HT i buy..

That would be cool- like the movie...this and MK 43 might be the only AoU HT i buy..

Just got my 43 today, it is amazing. Gunna need wamachine to go with him at the very least. Ill dkip on most others and wait for civil war releases. Hulkbuster has me day dreaming though, would love to own him

Honestly Hot Toys needs a little competition

I agree. With King Arts on the rise, Hot toys has been dominate in high end 1/6 scale figure line for years, HT must offer more and unique feature on this Hulkbuster(other than what we have seen from the exhibition/official spec site) to maintain the difference in order to stay on top or continue to exceed fans' expectation. HT must notch up their game.

When I watched the KA 1/9th scale Iron Man mk 42 from Budget Stark's video, I was impressed how well the figure is for being smaller.

Howard must be starting to feel the pressure from KA. Lots of people queued up to order the 1/9 diecast hulkbuster since it started PO
3 days ago. Looking forward to see how HT react to KA's threat.

Howard must be starting to feel the pressure from KA. Lots of people queued up to order the 1/9 diecast hulkbuster since it started PO
3 days ago. Looking forward to see how HT react to KA's threat.

It's probably why they teased the new piece for it, and it'll probably be revealed soon

I agree. With King Arts on the rise, Hot toys has been dominate in high end 1/6 scale figure line for years, HT must offer more and unique feature on this Hulkbuster(other than what we have seen from the exhibition/official spec site) to maintain the difference in order to stay on top or continue to exceed fans' expectation. HT must notch up their game.

When I watched the KA 1/9th scale Iron Man mk 42 from Budget Stark's video, I was impressed how well the figure is for being smaller.

Completely agree. I think with King Arts on the rise, we're all winners. People who can't afford (or simply do not want) the 1/6 scale Hulkbuster, still get a terrific product with the 1/9 scale. It also steps up Hot Toys' game to give us more bang for our buck. I wish King Arts all the best, because if they succeed, the fans and collectors win. :)

it will likely be variant arms/add-ons like the jackhammer and/or battle damaged arm. If they go the BD route, I'd like to see a street lamp that Hulk could use on him.

it will likely be variant arms/add-ons like the jackhammer and/or battle damaged arm. If they go the BD route, I'd like to see a street lamp that Hulk could use on him.

Yes, that would be awesome :duff any extra stuff we get for this guy would be very welcomed, it might make the price easier to stomach :lol

It's probably why they teased the new piece for it, and it'll probably be revealed soon

Yeah, they'd better reveal it sooner rather than later. may be a new hammer hand,
20% diecast, and battle damaged parts
accessories! Haha!

So KA is offering up a 1:9 HB right?

What about that 1:4 scale HB we saw in the Budget Stark videos? Is that going to be a production piece? If so, that'd be huge money right?

Just checked BBTS, so the 1:9 KA Hulkbuster is $650?

For me, it's a no brainer to spend the extra $150 and go with the bigger HT version. I like the bigger scales anyway, plus HT has the proven track record.

For a smaller scale, I preordered the new S.H. Figuarts HB too. I think that was about $285. It's 10" tall

There is a 1/4 scale Hulkbuster coming out from Comicave. It's around 4 feet. Didn't hear talk about Hot Toys needing to step it up when that was announced, so why now with the King Arts. We will have to wait and see if that HB will actually be released, since that company has a reputation of announcing stuff and that abandon it.
To me, Hot Toys is still reigns supreme on the 1/6 scale market. King Arts provides an alternative for people who can't afford or don't want to buy the HB from Hot Toys, but competition, no.

Just checked BBTS, so the 1:9 KA Hulkbuster is $650?

For me, it's a no brainer to spend the extra $150 and go with the bigger HT version. I like the bigger scales anyway, plus HT has the proven track record.

For a smaller scale, I preordered the new S.H. Figuarts HB too. I think that was about $285. It's 10" tall

Oh thats pricey :thud: I thought it would be less :dunno PASS!

last time, when HT started PO the mark 45, people had been queued up from
secret base at the 20th floor all the way down to the 6th floor(where KA new shops at).
so now we are looking forward to see KA do the same to HT. to make a queue all the way
up to the secret base front door! :rotfl

There is a 1/4 scale Hulkbuster coming out from Comicave. It's around 4 feet. Didn't hear talk about Hot Toys needing to step it up when that was announced, so why now with the King Arts. We will have to wait and see if that HB will actually be released, since that company has a reputation of announcing stuff and that abandon it.
To me, Hot Toys is still reigns supreme on the 1/6 scale market. King Arts provides an alternative for people who can't afford or don't want to buy the HB from Hot Toys, but competition, no.

I believe you are forgetting Comicave is Play Imaginative.

And if you don't believe KA is competition after watching Budget Stark's comparison video, I think you're sadly mistaken.

last time, when HT started PO the mark 45, people had been queued up from
secret base at the 20th floor all the way down to the 6th floor(where KA new shops at).
so now we are looking forward to see KA do the same to HT. to make a queue all the way
up to the secret base front door! :rotfl

I want to see them play pranks on each other, like Hot Toys replacing the KA Shop front with Hot Toys stuff, and KA 'closed' on the 20th floor :lol

both HT and KA's hulkbuster was scheduled to be released in Q1-Q2 next year.
inevitabley a lots of reviews will be made putting them side by side. if KA lose,
people may forgive them and probably give them a second chance. but if HT lose,
it would be a big blow to their reputation as the established number 1 action figure
maker. by the look of the two prototypes, KA seems getting the upper hand until now.
really looking forward to this day. :impatient:

Back