1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at the 2 figure side by side, there's Quite a bit of detail differences. I think KA is slightly stylized and more toy like while hot toys is more "realistic". But both are beautiful figures That's my take.

I don't nitpick any figure I just want a big a$s HulkBuster ....so I'm going Hot toys :)

Only if you live in Hong Kong. Other stores have to pay to import and then store, label, ship to the customer. When you buy direct at SB it goes from the hot toys manufacturing facility to QC to warehouse to SB. For everyone else it's all of that ...plus on a ship/plane, to the port. To warehouse. To store. To their QC. To inventory. To shipping. To you. Hardly ever find the Hong Kong price anywhere else. And going forward the import/export from other regions will continue to be cut down and monitored.
I understand import fee's & other costs being passed onto customers, when an online store like SSC imports the figures & sells them, but since I'm not in the US, I'd be paying for all of that, then paying even more fee's to get it from the US, to me.

What I was asking was, has anybody in here purchased it for close to $670US? Like, buying direct from an HK online store I might not know about or something. Even if it ends up being $900 shipped after it's all added up, it's better than buying it direct from SSC, then adding hundreds on top of their price to pay for shipping & import fee's.
And you said to don't really handle the figure..so why the hard on for diecast? The weight is the only upside it has..

And you said you where looking forward to "playing" with this KA one. What's different about it over any other scaled figure? The feature is neat on first blush but it's not something I would use very often. You will damage the paint or something on one of them. That's probably a pretty fair bet. So in not sure why this is the one to be playing now with.
I said I don't really handle my HT figures. I have a bunch of smaller scale figures I can mess with. I guess I simply want to preserve my HT figures, so I don't really mess with them too much. I don't want the fabric to get overly wrinkled, scuffing on the head sculpts, breaking fragile plastic pieces ..... etc. Like I said, my HT toys are more like display pieces to me.

The only 1/6 figure I can think of right now, that I've been actually messing around with, is the '1000toys Synthetic Human'. I'm thinking because it's basically a poseable nude body, so wouldn't have to be concerned with things I mentioned above.

Why do I like the idea of diecast? You said part of it I guess. It will feel weighted & chunky when I mess with it (that's of course if it's made out of enough diecast). It will feel like it's worth something. You ever pick up a nice looking plastic figure, then think "this kinda feels cheap"? That might have been my reaction to my 1st HT Iron Man figure. Even though I still think my HT Iron Man figures were mint. Other than weight, I might even simply like the cool (temperature) touch of it. Paint chips, if they happen, can be battle damage. I'm not even 100% sure I'm getting KA HB. I mentioned in the KA thread that $700 shipped (including additional fees) might be the max I'd want to spend on it. Haven't found it for that price yet.

Might wind up only getting the HT HB, for my 1/6 collection. Which means it's business as usual .....

I sometimes get excited for new different types of toys that I might not normally collect. What can I say?

Last edited:
Maybe KA should make it like this so that Tony Stark's legs won't break inside the Hulkbuster.
11229378_979349045431711_7815407304476132624_n.jpg

Finally caved in and ordered the big guy. Compared to the other high end offerings available this one seems to be a no brainer. Seeing the price on the KA version sealed it and made me realize that there really isn't a better deal than HT at this point. Having the MK 43 bust already included and the additional accessories was the last incentive that I needed to pull the trigger. It's only a matter of time before this goes to WL and I don't want to be among those kicking themselves for missing it when the onslaught of "panic postings" begin.:slap:lol

Last edited:
Back