1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand this pre-order system. I generally thought with limited items/high cost items/etc, the pre-order was the gauge how many they needed to make for pre-orders then a cushion to sell after. How can something that isn't going to be released for a year be sold out? Talk about leaving money on the table.

I don't understand this pre-order system. I generally thought with limited items/high cost items/etc, the pre-order was the gauge how many they needed to make for pre-orders then a cushion to sell after. How can something that isn't going to be released for a year be sold out? Talk about leaving money on the table.

i guess there's a round number of xx production. or maybe there a ceiling number that the factory cant exceed. :dunno

All you figure display experts out there: I have a Hulkbuster lighting question. I plan to display Hulkbuster on top of a black pedestal, with an acrylic case around the outside/top of it.

I was thinking of drilling a hole in the top of the pedestal where HB would be standing, and surface-mounting an LED puck light in there to light up the figure. In doing so, it would shoot light up, from the feet to the head of HB.

So, two questions: first, will this create a really cool lighting effect with lots of presence, thus showing off HB in the best light (pun intended)? Second, exactly where should I mount the puck light? Should I mount it directly underneath where Hulkbuster would stand (he would essentially straddle the light), or perhaps just slightly in front of HB's legs?

TIA for your answers. I'm asking now because I'll be placing an order for a number of lights, and would like to include lighting for this figure in with my purchase.

Am I better off mounting a puck light directly above it?

Last edited:
All you figure display experts out there: I have a Hulkbuster lighting question. I plan to display Hulkbuster on top of a black pedestal, with an acrylic case around the outside/top of it.

I was thinking of drilling a hole in the top of the pedestal where HB would be standing, and surface-mounting an LED puck light in there to light up the figure. In doing so, it would shoot light up, from the feet to the head of HB.

So, two questions: first, will this create a really cool lighting effect with lots of presence, thus showing off HB in the best light (pun intended)? Second, exactly where should I mount the puck light? Should I mount it directly underneath where Hulkbuster would stand (he would essentially straddle the light), or perhaps just slightly in front of HB's legs?

TIA for your answers. I'm asking now because I'll be placing an order for a number of lights, and would like to include lighting for this figure in with my purchase.

Am I better off mounting a puck light directly above it?

I could be wrong, but I'm not sure 1 puck light below it would be enough to sufficiently light up the figure.

And yeah, Igor had like 4 seconds of screentime and Hulkbuster is Hulkbuster!

I recall seeing Igor in an Iron Man 3 trailer and getting excited because I thought that was the MCU version of it ... and then that same summer losing my mind when concept art for AOU showing HB and Hulk fighting was shown ... and then dying with elation upon finally seeing it in action during the first trailer last fall.

Hulkbuster is the shhhhhhhhhhhh...

And yeah, Igor had like 4 seconds of screentime and Hulkbuster is Hulkbuster!

I recall seeing Igor in an Iron Man 3 trailer and getting excited because I thought that was the MCU version of it ... and then that same summer losing my mind when concept art for AOU showing HB and Hulk fighting was shown ... and then dying with elation upon finally seeing it in action during the first trailer last fall.

Hulkbuster is the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii..
Couldn't. Agree. More.

I got mine in just to be safe :)
Very smart move. Definitely wouldn't chance anything with this figure. Looking forward to the review already!

Back