1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I became unreasonably paranoid about the availability of the Hulkbuster pre-orders, so I caved and bought it long before even a single reward point became available. Yeah I'll be paying full price for it, but... Hawkeye, Black Widow, Hulk, Vision, and Scarlet Witch (which all ship around Christmas) are on my pre-order radar, so I can always use my points on any of them. But then again, I could instead use my points on the 1/4 scale Mark 43, which I'm also thinking about getting on top of the 1/6 scale Mark 43 that I already have. Because Iron Man.

I think I have a problem lol.

I became unreasonably paranoid about the availability of the Hulkbuster pre-orders
I highly doubt this thing is going to sell out any time soon. This is the most expensive Hot Toy figure put out to date and it doesn't even release until Q2-Q3 of next year not counting any delays. This will probably still be up on Sideshow until it releases over in HK and people start getting hyped for it again. It'll be forgotten for a bit with Civil War and Batman v Superman start coming out around the time this releases. It'll be awesome regardless when it releases but it really isn't anything I see selling out until it starts shipping in HK and the blogger pictures start coming out to hype people again.

Probably only news, but I found some pictures in the interweb that I liked. The one picture helps to show the scale. The other is just bad ass.

0dd75b28c6fae4e641d3ce704c6ff734.jpg

7f3194f941c82481ed154fd593550823.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You point hoarders are strange. If I order something direct from Sideshow, I use my points every time. Granted, I get 95% of my Hot Toys much cheaper through my Local Comic Shop. I only order exclusives direct. Speaking of which (and totally off topic), do we know what SDCC figures there will be this year?

Probably only news, but I found some pictures in the interweb that I liked. The one picture helps to show the scale. The other is just bad ass.

0dd75b28c6fae4e641d3ce704c6ff734.jpg

7f3194f941c82481ed154fd593550823.jpg

Your right, not news. Both those pics are in this thread probably twenty times each.

You point hoarders are strange. If I order something direct from Sideshow, I use my points every time. Granted, I get 95% of my Hot Toys much cheaper through my Local Comic Shop. I only order exclusives direct. Speaking of which (and totally off topic), do we know what SDCC figures there will be this year?

Idk man, I saved $170 off the Spidey PF and $130 off The DeLorean last month because I hoarded.

I also saved 15% by switching to Geico

Idk man, I saved $170 off the Spidey PF and $130 off The DeLorean last month because I hoarded.

I also saved 15% by switching to Geico

Yeah, but saving your points gains you no financial benefit. It makes more sense to use them on every new order so your cash in the bank keeps earning interest. I guess some folks like to save the points to get a "free" item. I guess whatever works for the individual is the way to go. I know I am going to buy virtually every Marvel figure anyway.

Yeah, but saving your points gains you no financial benefit. It makes more sense to use them on every new order so your cash in the bank keeps earning interest. I guess some folks like to save the points to get a "free" item. I guess whatever works for the individual is the way to go. I know I am going to buy virtually every Marvel figure anyway.

You're in the wrong hobby if you think you can get a noticeable amount of interest while buying everything :lol

I use the $20 off coupons for the cheaper figures and points on bigger stuff like Batmobile, DeLorean and HB.

I use the $20 off coupons for the cheaper figures and points on bigger stuff like Batmobile, DeLorean and HB.

I get about 20-25% off all my stuff buying through my local comic shop. I try to not buy direct because the shipping cost and sales tax sucks.

I get about 20-25% off all my stuff buying through my local comic shop. I try to not buy direct because the shipping cost and sales tax sucks.

Awesome deal, wish i could do that. There is no business in my state that sells anything from HT or SSC.

Awesome deal, wish i could do that. There is no business in my state that sells anything from HT or SSC.

I just went in to a comic shop and talked to the owner about special ordering them for me. He never stocked them before I contacted him. I am now good friends with the owner after buying through him the last 10 years or so. I think it is pretty easy for a comic shop to become a SSC dealer.

He does stock them occasionally now after working with me so long and seeing the quality of the figures.

So you could always try this with a local shop. Granted I started buying from him before Hot Toys even had the Marvel license. I think I started with Rambo or Appleseed HT figures. I think they were around $100/each in the good ol days.

Back