1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, but saving your points gains you no financial benefit. It makes more sense to use them on every new order so your cash in the bank keeps earning interest. I guess some folks like to save the points to get a "free" item. I guess whatever works for the individual is the way to go. I know I am going to buy virtually every Marvel figure anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason you're better off hoarding points is because every month has a $20 off code and you can't combine them. If you're only using $10 in rewards on every purchase you're notonly giving up an additional $10 from the coupon but the other $10 from using your earned points instead of a free code.

The reason you're better off hoarding points is because every month has a $20 off code and you can't combine them. If you're only using $10 in rewards on every purchase you're notonly giving up an additional $10 from the coupon but the other $10 from using your earned points instead of a free code.
Nailed it.

Plus, it just feels better when you start hitting the $50+ mark. [emoji2]

Or if you can knock $150 right off the top of this beast and still be in your "I never paid more than ____for a figure". Hoarding lets you pick up that grail piece that you might not normally buy or buy on a whim. I buy most all the marvel stuff too, but save points for the inevitable big ass offering that I don't want to bust $1K on right off the rip.

When I look at photos by Jingobell etc, imagine what they could do with hulkbuster.. Will be freaking awesome and epic. Can't wait!!

Nice. My bro has a crap ton too and waiting for '66 Batmobile, which is probably in the same production purgatory as Draw! Jk
I think I put down $150-200 on Whiplash and when he finally shipped, seeing that points discount on him was vainglorious! I suspect the same for you should you hold out!

Yeah, but saving your points gains you no financial benefit. It makes more sense to use them on every new order so your cash in the bank keeps earning interest. I guess some folks like to save the points to get a "free" item. I guess whatever works for the individual is the way to go. I know I am going to buy virtually every Marvel figure anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't waste my points on a order unless it will take a big chunk out of the price. Also a figure might come out at a time when I am low on funds like current avengers cap. Thanks to using points its is only costing me $4o.

I am usually taken aback when I see someone say " this figure cost $309 but I used points so its only costing me $307!"

The points system is sort of a trick. Makes you feel like you are saving a lot when it is not so. Makes you order more to get points. Like credit card points etc. In the end they gain more than they lose and you spend more.

The points system is sort of a trick. Makes you feel like you are saving a lot when it is not so. Makes you order more to get points. Like credit card points etc. In the end they gain more than they lose and you spend more.
Have to disagree. Majority of stuff I've bought direct from SSC I would've anyway, b/c of exclusives or just preferring flex. In regards to cards, depends on the program. Mine costs $150/year, but I save more than that just on having our travel insurance covered on trips. The 2% I get back on all purchases for travel is just an extra that I don't pay a cent for, since I don't carry a balance. So you definitely can get something for nothing with CCs.

Have to disagree. Majority of stuff I've bought direct from SSC I would've anyway, b/c of exclusives or just preferring flex. In regards to cards, depends on the program. Mine costs $150/year, but I save more than that just on having our travel insurance covered on trips. The 2% I get back on all purchases for travel is just an extra that I don't pay a cent for, since I don't carry a balance. So you definitely can get something for nothing on CCs.
I am not talking about what else they cover. Just the points system. Its to reel you in to get from them and to get more to accumulate more points. If it was really that good, everybody would get from them but they do not. There is another reason that their prices tend to be a little higher than other places like smaller retailers. Like for me I order from a small local retailer as his prices are lower than the official sideshow retailer in my country even though the official one allows you to accumulate points. You might feel its at no cost but deep in your mind you could be tempted to get a figure just because you want more points or have some point to cut the cost rather than maybe pass on it. Most cases official distributors prices are higher and they use points to make it seem worthwhile.

Just a thought.

Back