1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here as my supplier has no bonus point system, except for the membership.
Saves me around 100 bucks, so I´m on you guys level, in terms of amount.
800.^^
But this needs to accompany Hulk.
Been saving for a long time now and can´t wait...

I wonder how bad shipping for this could be. Just had the 1/4 scale Mk 43 shipped and it was $28 ... I thought it would be a bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on similar-sized packages i received and thousands of commercial packages I send out to date, I estimate shipping cost would be $50-75 state-side on a single HB shipment. $80-120 International. Some retailers charge extra amounts for shipping materials and handling fees like $20-50. I've dealt with FedEx and Canada Post. Hope this helps.

Based on similar-sized packages i received and thousands of commercial packages I send out to date, I estimate shipping cost would be $50-75 state-side on a single HB shipment. $80-120 International. Some retailers charge extra amounts for shipping materials and handling fees like $20-50. I've dealt with FedEx and Canada Post. Hope this helps.
it will have a large box. This seems accurate to me or at least very close
Yup! Got it for $466
**** :lol

Good news for everyone. I decided to share this pleasant dream I had last night. In this dream, all pre-order owners were smiling from ear-to-ear as they first saw glimpse of their newly arrived package. HT HB was released on August 5-15th of this year. Some danced and others pranced for joy as they unboxed their oversize figure. Their HB shipments were received by mid-September and early October 2016. As a reminder, I want to stress these dates were all gathered from my dream... please don't hold me accountable :)

And this is the reaction on everyone's face...:panic:

Looks like my custom display stand will finally serve a purpose. Was deciding on a way to exhibit the HT HB until I realized the answer was lying right in front of me. Below is an RGB LED display stand controlled with a wireless remote. It will act as a storage for smaller accessories and parts as well.

HB display baseJPG.JPG

Here's an example with Kids Logic Optimus' and Bandai's PG Unicorn.
HT HB should stand approximately 5" taller than Unicorn gun cannon (shown in photo)

P1070152_RS.JPG
P1070148_RS.JPG
P1070150_RS.JPG

Base Dimensions: 27" (L) x 14.5 (W) x 1.25" (H)
Plexiglass/Acrylic glass Casing: ~ 22-23" (H)

Let me know your thoughts on this work-in-progress. I have yet to complete the casing.

Thanks Bransen! Yep, i built everything from scratch except the electronic components. LED light strips from Costco were fitted inside. Originally, I designed this display base to fit my 1/8 scale Pocher Lamborghini Aventador. Unfortunately, i didn't get around to completing the model...so it will have to wait for the next display stand. Anyway, HuzZaahhh! My pre-order has a new "home"!!!

Thanks Bransen! Yep, i built everything from scratch except the electronic components. LED light strips from Costco were fitted inside. Originally, I designed this display base to fit my 1/8 scale Pocher Lamborghini Aventador. Unfortunately, i didn't get around to completing the model...so it will have to wait for the next display stand. Anyway, HuzZaahhh! My pre-order has a new "home"!!!
Dude if you wouldn't mind sharing how you built that light box I would be totally grateful :clap:clap
Where do HB PO owners plan to place this 21" tall beast of a figure? Let's see some photos from our fellow enthusiasts :)

Ask everyone here and they'll say early on I planned on using this as a scarecrow to ward off the ravenous flocks of wild chickens I have here :rotfl

I don't need to see photos of an empty space. Seems like a silly thing to ask for.

Dude if you wouldn't mind sharing how you built that light box I would be totally grateful :clap:clap

Ask everyone here and they'll say early on I planned on using this as a scarecrow to ward off the ravenous flocks of wild chickens I have here :rotfl

LOL! Alright, not a problem. I ordered all my acrylic glass from Tap Plastics .
Stuff you need:

Opaque White base - 1/8" thick "Cast Acrylic: 20% Sign White"
Display casing - 1/4" thick (for stacking large items on top) extruded acrylic clear panels
1x Acrylic Cement (A toxic bonding agent)
1x Acrylic Cement Applicator
Glue Gun + Glue sticks
Sanding tool / sand paper: 800/400/200 grit (can't quite remember exactly)
Power drill & drill bits: for a few 3/16" holes and a 1/2" hole for the "Male" end of the power adapter to fit in.
Protective gloves and eye-wear
Mask Respirator - Prevent acrylic dust inhalation and solvent fumes from Acrylic Cement
1x Flexible Light Strip Kit (12 ft.)
Nippers/Cutters

Optional:
2x acrylic glass hinges (for the White "storage" base)
2x acrylic glass latch (easy-lifting of the heavy display casing)

To make the base structurally sound for larger figures, i placed a support "strut" beam along the middle. See below:

P1070143_RS.JPG

I used an entire 12' Flexible Light Strip Kit (comes with 4 connectors and 6 LED strips, remote and adapter)
and an additional 4 LED connectors from another kit. Drilled a few holes to fit the connectors shown below:

P1070141.JPG
P1070142.JPG

Last edited:
I don't need to see photos of an empty space. Seems like a silly thing to ask for.

Although it sounds like a silly request, I like to get an idea of how people make use of their space to fit such a large figure. Lighting, placement, and area make a difference in presentation. Here's how i plan to display it out in my living room:

FYI, no video special effects were added.

Mugatu, that's a pretty sweet setup! HB will line up with all your larger figures/statues as well. Is your desk a custom job? Never saw a desk shelf with hinged glass doors before. Anyhow, luv'n the overall setup...its got great lighting and is neat and tidy.

Thx for the post!

Back