1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adjusted how the hair sits on mine. Tried to lowered the back and lifted the bangs so I could see eyebrows easier. (Modded)

fc257c2c46c5b1fa84515be92a1684f0.jpg

I'm not really good at getting the likeness on pic. Whenever I hover over, see the likeness and take a pic. Pic is ****. But like most who have luke, it is really good in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just did this and yes the cone head is a bit less. Makes a difference

^Looks good.

Thanks man :)

Just did this and yes the cone head is a bit less. Makes a difference

:hi5: helps the angle. I would like to lower the back more but the hair kinda limits it. heating to adjust the plastic might crack the paint. not sure.

I hear ya - yours looks like mine. Looks great, but something in the eyes that registers as 'off' to me

It might be the eye color still too dark, pupil too big and need adjustments on eye lids.

How did you mod the hair? Was there any surgery involved? Cutting the head sculpt or hair away from the inside?

How did you mod the hair? Was there any surgery involved? Cutting the head sculpt or hair away from the inside?

Yes, both. adjusted the line on the plastic padding inside the hair and trimmed the magnet part on the headsculpt as well.

can do with just the hair by working the top part but the side burns and bangs were too hindering for me.

Lol thanks, I found it online. You make it or something?

You found it online? Like online in my backgrounds thread or in my Flickr account? :)

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ama-shelf-backgrounds-free-res-downloads.html

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pixelpiper/9280370598/

Star Wars Tatooine Landscape
This composite image was made with foreground desert sand from "Sand Dunes in Gran Canaria" from Pedro Szekely (flic.kr/p/4re5tv) and sky/suns from a screenshot of the video game "Star Wars: The Old Republic," taken by Ivan Phan (flic.kr/p/b3LuJV)

Nice work on the Tatooine image, Pix. I googled it too and it just pops up in all the random Tatooine images...and by Google I mean online. :D

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible F...

Just a Google search that pops up a bunch of images. It was on there along with a lot more . So thanks I guess, lol.
Had Walgreens do it.
Just noticed a lot of yours are on there.
Nice work. They are the best ones for the most part.

Yes, both. adjusted the line on the plastic padding inside the hair and trimmed the magnet part on the headsculpt as well.

can do with just the hair by working the top part but the side burns and bangs were too hindering for me.

Awesome! Thank you!

Yeah, those Google image searches all go to my Flickr account. The print looks good.

If anyone else is planning on downloading it or any other backgrounds, make sure to click on the "Download" button in Flickr, don't just copy the image off the screen. Then click on "Show All Sizes" and get the original - all my originals are uploaded at high resolution and backgrounds in particular are uploaded at very high resolutions (150 to 300 DPI sized to fit Detolf or other cabinets - the Tatooine is 4500 pixels wide which is 30" at 150dpi.)

Yeah, those Google image searches all go to my Flickr account. The print looks good.

If anyone else is planning on downloading it or any other backgrounds, make sure to click on the "Download" button in Flickr, don't just copy the image off the screen. Then click on "Show All Sizes" and get the original - all my originals are uploaded at high resolution and backgrounds in particular are uploaded at very high resolutions (150 to 300 DPI sized to fit Detolf or other cabinets - the Tatooine is 4500 pixels wide which is 30" at 150dpi.)

Thanks Pix, I will be checking out the others.

Just cracked mine open finally to inspect. Aside from that sweet, sweet smell of new plastic, I was blown away with the quality, and amount, of the accessories. Torn between a farm boy or remote training look. Might need another one of these!

Adjusted how the hair sits on mine. Tried to lowered the back and lifted the bangs so I could see eyebrows easier. (Modded)

fc257c2c46c5b1fa84515be92a1684f0.jpg

I'm not really good at getting the likeness on pic. Whenever I hover over, see the likeness and take a pic. Pic is ****. But like most who have luke, it is really good in hand.

Brilliant. JediJim's pics were a revelation, the only problem this sculpt has is the hair, when it's altered the likeness comes through. I'd love to see someone make some custom hairpieces for this.

Back