1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opinion is fine for expressing satisfaction, but the product can be quantified on a number of merits, some of which you've already mentioned. Moulded pouches, absolutely incorrect fabric selection, ncorrect patterns and designs. The head sculpts too: like them or don't, but whether the likeness is there isn't a matter of opinion when you can duplicate angles and put it up against source video and photos.

This is Han Solo. I have no idea what on earth Hot Toys shipped, but I got rid of it as if it were covered in nuclear waste. :)

12715738_786439358128786_7767558202687909227_n.jpg

I'm curious, where can you get that sculpt?

I'm with you guys on the tunic. I'll likely give the water treatment a try as I currently just have it covered it up with the poncho. The poncho looks great but it's not like it's very iconic. I think part of the problem with the tunic is the stitching is influencing the look so short of undoing some of that, there's only so much the water will do--hopefully I'm wrong.

I soaked it in slightly warm water... bit of soap... and gave it a scrubbing. you need to wash out the sizing that's used to stiffen the fabric for easy of patterning and cutting and whatnot.

P
Opinion is fine for expressing satisfaction, but the product can be quantified on a number of merits, some of which you've already mentioned. Moulded pouches, absolutely incorrect fabric selection, ncorrect patterns and designs. The head sculpts too: like them or don't, but whether the likeness is there isn't a matter of opinion when you can duplicate angles and put it up against source video and photos.

This is Han Solo. I have no idea what on earth Hot Toys shipped, but I got rid of it as if it were covered in nuclear waste. :)

12715738_786439358128786_7767558202687909227_n.jpg

Sculpt looks ENORMOUS on those shoulders. Not sure I see an improvement either, but time may tell.

Not sure how we got into a Han sculpt discussion on the Luke thread, but I'll play. Here's Han:

8baimage.jpg

Which Han picture are you referring to? The actual picture of Han, or the picture of the green Han sculpt? If the latter, I'm seeing more of a Hulk resemblance myself. :lol

A Hot Toys figure that combined Star Wars and the Avengers? Don't give them ideas...

Sculpt looks ENORMOUS on those shoulders.

1/6 is about the finished figure. The bodies, unless intended to be posed nude, can be thought of as skeletons. Don't worry about it being too big, it's not (the illusion is compounded by the appearance of the neck as long).

Last edited:
Back