1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't really done anything (yet) in so much as futzing/water treatment etc., and I do have my fair share of beefs... but sometimes he looks pretty damn good. Every once in a while, to appreciate these guys, you need to take a step back and not subject them to the digital microscope. If you're anything like me, that sh$t can drive you crazy..

Luke.jpg

Haven't really done anything (yet) in so much as futzing/water treatment etc., and I do have my fair share of beefs... but sometimes he looks pretty damn good. Every once in a while, to appreciate these guys, you need to take a step back and not subject them to the digital microscope. If you're anything like me, that sh$t can drive you crazy..

View attachment 244879

The stance looks good. I just received mine today. Can't wait to give this guy a bath tonight. :)

LUKE and OBI and thier little friend showed up today along with Magneto yesterday. A very happy collector today.:yess:

Nope fresh out the box I have not put in OBI's battery's hot toys got lazy and makes us assemble other wise would've lit it up also. The UPS guy had long hard day didnt arrive til 8 pm way late. I'm too tuckered out to play anymore lol.:lol

Very cool posing Kanine ,nice display.:clap:clap:clap I didnt even realize at 1st glance no stands nicely done.

Thanks, these figures are pretty good at holding themselves up as long as the pose is not too extreme. Takes some violent shaking to know them over. I usually don't like to use stands unless the figure absolutely can't hold themselves up.

Nope fresh out the box I have not put in OBI's battery's hot toys got lazy and makes us assemble other wise would've lit it up also. The UPS guy had long hard day didnt arrive til 8 pm way late. I'm too tuckered out to play anymore lol.:lol

A lot of my recent figures arriving via UPS have arrived at around 6 pm or so for me. :lol

Yeh, my Luke didn't arrive until 7 last night. This is my first pose.
c583c6500265cf9380072a450c7e6d4d.jpg
468d65a8cd963269f8f52d5628749ea7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's only a handful of figures that look excellent from every angle no matter which way you do it to where it's almost impossible to take a bad photo of it. Instead of a photo making the figure look bad, the figure makes a bad photo look better.

Kylo being one of those.

Just unboxed this last night. I can't help taking his picture next to the "old school" figure.
This is my first HT human figure, all I can say is wow. I need to upgrade the rest of the gang (only Han and Ben).

View attachment 245107

I feel bad for the "old school" figure and felt a pinch on my wallet.
After I took the picture, the old school figure went back inside the box and forever stored out of sight.

Attachments

• WP_20160211_21_57_55_Pro_LI.jpg
    WP_20160211_21_57_55_Pro_LI.jpg
    165.2 KB
  • WP_20160211_21_57_41_Pro_LIb.jpg
    WP_20160211_21_57_41_Pro_LIb.jpg
    1.1 MB
Even if these aren't perfect, they are the best that's ever been made for mass distribution by far.

I can (almost) guarantee you that a (very good) repaint on that Sideshow figure and you'd be getting rid of the HT head in a flash. :)

Then again... This kind of talk isn't going to help run up the price for the HT head. So on second thought, everyone should be buying HT Luke heads to swap onto other figures. Now.

Last edited:
This HT's head sculpt is not perfect. The SSC sculpt is off too. Neither are perfect. I have both and SSC did not nail this sculpt either.

Probably so with some of them but with the repaint cost though and all the effort, that's hardcore and you'd still have the SS hands. :) I do have all of the older SS ones minus leia.

Who would you suggest for head paints Pix? I have a Kylo headsculpt coming. I'd like the real skin look of a non-production HT head.

Last edited:
I can (almost) guarantee you that a (very good) repaint on that Sideshow figure and you'd be getting rid of the HT head in a flash. :)

Then again... This kind of talk isn't going to help run up the price for the HT head. So on second thought, everyone should be buying HT Luke heads to swap onto other figures. Now.

Do you really think the SSC sculpt is that much better than the HT? What in particular do you think SSC did better?

Back