1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had this discussion with Wor-Gar...it's not discipline so much as minimalist OCD... :lol ... I hate having too much stuff. I buy what interests me, trying to be careful about what I think I'll like best, and over time if I don't sell it I know it was the right choice.

I've had some really great items that just didn't fit...sold them without a second thought.

All that said, this is a really difficult one. The only other Luke that would interest me (more so than any other) is Snowspeeder Luke, but since that hasn't even been teased, I'm not factoring that into my decision.

What the hell is this minimalist ocd you speak of and how do I get that? ;) By the time I'm finished I figure I'll end up with at least 7 versions of Luke and that total could easily rise. The sad thing is that when it comes to star wars I'd rather box it up and store it than sell it off.

What the hell is this minimalist ocd you speak of and how do I get that?

My father was a minimalist...not by any stated creed or philosophy, he just was. Didn't keep much of anything around.

My mother is the exact opposite. She buys extras of everything she doesn't need and will store, squirrel and hoard (shudder). Either I got it from my dad or as a reaction to my mother. Both, I guess.

I actually collected a few different things when I was much younger...but lost the habit completely as a young adult and in terms of sheer volume it's never come back. I couldn't see the point of having a whole lot of anything. I obviously have a keen interest in pop culture collectibles at this point in my life - mainly nostalgia driven - but my hunger for pop culture references is tempered by an aversion to...stuff. It makes for an...interesting tension within my personality. :cuckoo:

I get around it by carefully editing and curating.

By the time I'm finished I figure I'll end up with at least 7 versions of Luke and that total could easily rise. The sad thing is that when it comes to star wars I'd rather box it up and store it than sell it off.

If I didn't want anything else, I could do that but not as things stand. And I never, ever store anything. I'd rather sell at a loss than have it sitting around.

But that's just me. :dunno

I obviously have a keen interest in pop culture collectibles at this point in my life - mainly nostalgia driven - but my hunger for pop culture references is tempered by an aversion to...stuff. It makes for an...interesting tension within my personality. :cuckoo:

I get around it by carefully editing and curating.

Nice perspective ZE. I hadn't collected anything since I was a child, then 2 or 3 years back I saw hot toys bespin Luke, had to have it and haven't looked back. 5 detolfs now crowd my fitness room. Nostalgia no doubt keeps me buying and it helps that my nephew is into this sort of thing now too. I would have killed to have owned this stuff as a kid and now that I am in my 30s and can afford it I figure what the hell.

Nice perspective ZE. I hadn't collected anything since I was a child, then 2 or 3 years back I saw hot toys bespin Luke, had to have it and haven't looked back. 5 detolfs now crowd my fitness room. Nostalgia no doubt keeps me buying and it helps that my nephew is into this sort of thing now too. I would have killed to have owned this stuff as a kid and now that I am in my 30s and can afford it I figure what the hell.

There is that. I used to dream of toys like this when I was a kid. I even designed some back then, on paper. It took almost 30 years, give or take...for what was in my head to get produced.

So can you actually order the regular version of this from SSC? Whenever I search for this figure, I only see the exclusive. Same thing for the X-Wing Luke.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So can you actually order the regular version of this from SSC? Whenever I search for this figure, I only see the exclusive. Same thing for the X-Wing Luke.

Just have to remove the 1 at the end of the URL To find the regulars.

Just have to remove the 1 at the end of the URL To find the regulars.

Ah okay :)

I don't know why I always find it easier to find things through Google with that site. Particularly archived products.

Ah okay :)

I don't know why I always find it easier to find things through Google with that site. Particularly archived products.

The reason it's easier to find archived products via Google than just searching is that you have to go to the product archive and then search. It's quicker on Google.

Am I the only one that actually prefers the idealized Luke head sculpts? This one looks like a younger Bespin DX sculpt and that's what I really like about it because I admit that since a kid I ALWAYS hated whiney pansy Luke and never wanted to play with his toys. In my opinion HT not only made him look better (sorry Mark Hamill) but also made him look like a believable space opera hero that ties well with the genre.

I always liked the more modern look of his Bespin attire, but Han Solo's definitive look has to be his gunslinger outfit in ANH. Classic.

X-Wing Rogue Squadron Leap of Faith Luke
Rebel Blockade Runner Secrets from the Princess Leia
Defense of the Millennium Falcon ANH Han

My choices, pending trademarks on my naming conventions.

X-Wing Rogue Squadron Leap of Faith Luke

luke%20skywalker%20let's%20see%20a%20smile.jpg

Well they only have June, July, August, September, October and November to reveal the remaining OT figures (so was predicted).

That's basically a new HT OT fig every month for the next six months: Leia, Fett, Bespin Han, Emperor, Jedi Luke, Jedi Vader...

Well they only have June, July, August, September, October and November to reveal the remaining OT figures (so was predicted).

That's basically a new HT OT fig every month for the next six months: Leia, Fett, Bespin Han, Emperor, Jedi Luke, Jedi Vader...

Are all 6 of those figures rumored to be coming soon? Seems awful quick to be cranking out another 1/6 Vader.

If that ends up being the case, 5 out of 6 would be ordered.

Back