1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the exclusive came without a head sculpt and cost $50 less I'd jump on it right now though. :)

tumblr_loyzsmnUzv1qa219lo5_r1_250.gif

Since it ships next year, I'd already have Sideshow's Pilot Luke sculpt to put on it when it arrives. :wink1:

I would think nearly 100% of all people desperate enough to pay the ridiculous xwing Luke price(probably myself included) would want to keep the figure complete. Its not like hoth with multiple heads. Maybe could trade with someone who prefers the hot toys version :dunno

I don't even want the exclusive belt for Luke, I'd want it for the short stormtrooper, but I'm also pretty sure that the belt won't be the right size to fit around the armor.
That said, if this hits waitlist I'll jump on it immediately and get a conversion. How does that work with the NRD? If your waitlist converts they charge it, I assume.
I'd much rather wait and save the $20 if possible as I've ordered a few figures already without at least the monthly code, plus for all we know half of the HT figures will end up eligible for 20% off. Definitely holding off on the ones with no exclusives like Ben and Vader.

I guess everyone's situation is different, but I decided a long time ago it's better to spend a few more bucks up front than worry about chasing extra items later (which might be at inflated prices by then anyway).

I put rewards points towards mine and seeing as I have very few points pending, there wasn't much point waiting to order. I rarely buy from SSC now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coming back to it some days after reveal...I still think the figure looks great, any issues with idealized sculpt etc. aside, I really like this one; I saw Star Wars as a little kid when it first came out and Farm Boy Luke was one of my first Kenner figures...but I don't think I would get more than one 1/6 scale Luke and this makes it a tough choice; this one has that really iconic 1977 look, but part of Star Wars to me has always been technology and vehicles...Luke in a flight suit alludes to that more. I know there are murmurings about a 1/6 Landspeeder but realistically, if it were even made...that thing will likely be too big.

One hell of a First World Problem, this is. :dunno

But as discussed earlier, Farm Boy is very green and kind of whiny compared to his growth into the daring pilot that blew up the Death Star.

Props to your discipline if you can manage to have only 1 Luke represented in your collection. It'll be a tough call. I definitely want all 4 Star Wars looks and I'm guessing I'll get ROTJ. That will be the one I'll have to think about space-wise, but I'm all in for this guy and SS X-Wing Pilot. We'll see how long it takes for the inevitable HT Exclusive trooper 2-pack (and will it have a different head?). Good time to be in 1/6.

Props to your discipline if you can manage to have only 1 Luke represented in your collection. It'll be a tough call. I definitely want all 4 Star Wars looks and I'm guessing I'll get ROTJ. That will be the one I'll have to think about space-wise, but I'm all in for this guy and SS X-Wing Pilot. We'll see how long it takes for the inevitable HT Exclusive trooper 2-pack (and will it have a different head?). Good time to be in 1/6.

Just had this discussion with Wor-Gar...it's not discipline so much as minimalist OCD... :lol ... I hate having too much stuff. I buy what interests me, trying to be careful about what I think I'll like best, and over time if I don't sell it I know it was the right choice.

I've had some really great items that just didn't fit...sold them without a second thought.

All that said, this is a really difficult one. The only other Luke that would interest me (more so than any other) is Snowspeeder Luke, but since that hasn't even been teased, I'm not factoring that into my decision.

I want a Luke from each film. Definite ones are this Farmboy and Jedi from ROTJ. I'm not sure when it comes to ESB. I like the Hoth look and also Bespin, but I don't know of HT will do either of these, especially since they already did Bespin years ago and SSC just did Hoth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it's been alluded to that a Bespin/Dagobah Luke wouldn't be too far off. I'd still vote this look if I only could have one. I might even make a custom stand that said Wormie, so people could look at it and go WTH?

To me the defining look for Han and especially Leia will always be from A New Hope. Luke is tricky though as he had a very definite look in each movie as we followed his path to being a Jedi. I have Bespin Luke and ordered ANH Luke but can't wait to see what Jedi Luke from Return of the Jedi looks like.

To me the defining look for Han and especially Leia will always be from A New Hope. Luke is tricky though as he had a very definite look in each movie as we followed his path to being a Jedi. I have Bespin Luke and ordered ANH Luke but can't wait to see what Jedi Luke from Return of the Jedi looks like.

I always liked the more modern look of his Bespin attire, but Han Solo's definitive look has to be his gunslinger outfit in ANH. Classic.

Back