1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received mt Vader yesterday and just had the opportunity to open him up.

Is the suit made from a different kind of pleather? It feels thicker somehow.

Be very careful of the tusks! They are soft!! :panic:

It sucks that HT doesn't pack these figures with a usb-c cable. :banghead

Everything else is honkey-dorey! Hands down my favorite Vader. :blissy

There are way too many nice pictures in this thread and not enough crappy pics. I’m gonna make my contribution to the latter.

IMG_7511.jpeg

Mine came, sadly the happiness of getting my first Vader was ruined by several things:

1. No HT shipper from Kit. Shipping box banged up and the same with the art box inside.
2. Broken tusk
3. No working lights for the chest, belt and saber. This might be due to crappy HT multibox (or whatever they call it)

Emailed Kit, pending his reply on those issues. Currently have him displayed on the base that lights up nicely, with the default hands
20240911_192330.jpg

Do you guys know if the multitap port/box is picky toward usb cables? Used a known good usb cable and the same one is currently powering the base from my laptop, but no lights when connected to the multitap to power the chest, belt and saber.

Do you guys know if the multitap port/box is picky toward usb cables? Used a known good usb cable and the same one is currently powering the base from my laptop, but no lights when connected to the multitap to power the chest, belt and saber.
It is picky. My Apple usb-c to usb-c cord didn’t work but my Xbox elite controller usb to usb-c worked fine.

@Chamberlian well, weird as it is, I got it working with a cable I tried before. However, opened up the box and used a compressed air can on the board. Assembled it back and lo and behold - it is working!
So will prob glue the tusk with some glue and call it a day.... If Kit has any suggestion for the art box or a neck piece with tusks intact, that would be great.

Guys, what glue do you recommend for gluing back the broken tusk? (yes, a sad Vader, cuz he got his tusk brokeh) Or do you rather go for a case with HT through Kit for replacement? Kit already said that would be a lenghty process 😓
20240911_175038.jpg

20240911_175034.jpg

Am I missing something, but the connection for the USB lightning head doesn’t fit in the box. All other leads connected fine

Guys, what glue do you recommend for gluing back the broken tusk? (yes, a sad Vader, cuz he got his tusk brokeh) Or do you rather go for a case with HT through Kit for replacement? Kit already said that would be a lenghty process 😓

Put a drop of glue on cardboard and use a toothpick to place a little bit where it needs to go. Test fit it dry before you attempt to glue so you know exactly how it should go.

That said, I would probably go the replacement route just because its a new figure, regardless of how long it takes. It's not Kits fault by any means, but HT should replace it.

That said, I would probably go the replacement route just because its a new figure, regardless of how long it takes. It's not Kits fault by any means, but HT should replace it
I would have prob gone this route, but its been so long that I wanted a Vader... If I do it, will have to send the neck back (since the tusk is part of it) to Kit, then wait for HT to send him a replacement so he can send it to me and hopefully it arrives intact 😅. And this is after I submit a video of the issue that HT needs to review and approve.... JHC (Edit: Jesus is not in the wrong here)

Just got this in hand, after a quick look over it's my favourite HT Vader, and the most accurate OT one out there. That said, I still think the clean dx28 mask might look a little more accurate overall, the correctly sized mouth triangle beats out the improved face structure in RoTJ Vader. Granted this is just from a five minute look over, I have not compared it to paused movie stills yet.

Just got this in hand, after a quick look over it's my favourite HT Vader, and the most accurate OT one out there. That said, I still think the clean dx28 mask might look a little more accurate overall, the correctly sized mouth triangle beats out the improved face structure in RoTJ Vader. Granted this is just from a five minute look over, I have not compared it to paused movie stills yet.
Neither Vader helmet are supposed to look similar. And Hot Toys haven’t really recreated them as accurately as they could.

That being said, the Hot Toys OWK and ROTJ sculpts are the most accurate out the box with relation to their respective source.

Back