1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love how Battlefront's been out for a little over a month and HT are already making figures.:lol

It's disgusting. The Battlefront game is absolute **** too.

They're only doing it because of the Trooper/repaint value. I can't believe they announced that they're doing a whole line of "Battlefront" figures, so obnoxious. Can't even get ONE Arkham Joker out there, but ugly ass Trooper repaints from a mediocre game? You betcha.

It's disgusting. The Battlefront game is absolute **** too.

They're only doing it because of the Trooper/repaint value. I can't believe they announced that they're doing a whole line of "Battlefront" figures, so obnoxious. Can't even get ONE Arkham Joker out there, but ugly ass Trooper repaints from a mediocre game? You betcha.

Yup. It's too bad Howard didn't grow up loving Batman instead of Star Wars. It is kind of hilarious, though. The people who are like "it's a business, he's just making what sells," and yet the thing he's making the most of is something he's been very open about being his favorite license.:lol

And Star Wars isn't even popular over in China. Budget Stark has even said how sales for Star Wars related Hot Toys items are average and not as in demand. He compared Returns Batman sales to Kylo Ren.

I always assumed it wasn't all about business anyway considering Howard Chan's loaded and Hot Toys seemed like a hobbyist's/toy lover's pet project. I think he even said his goal for Hot Toys was about putting out toys that he wanted to see.

I remember when HT cared the fans...everyone...now it is a pipe dream

Unless you're into Marvel or Star Wars. If they show more DC love following their many movies, I think we'll sing a different tune

I remember when HT cared the fans...everyone...now it is a pipe dream

Unless you're into Marvel or Star Wars. If they show more DC love following their many movies, I think we'll sing a different tune

Of all their lines, VGM is the most neglected. They've only done a little over a dozen releases, and now they just drag their feet to no end. The RE6 line has been shown for about a year now, with no signs of PO.

You got your odds and ends MMS like Ripley shown over and over with no PO in sight, but VGM has many things in the pipeline for years with no fruition. MGSV was teased well over a year ago, and nada.

It's probably the largest human figure HT has done. You should like it. It could be better sure, but you should love it.
I have no doubts about this.
Of all their lines, VGM is the most neglected. They've only done a little over a dozen releases, and now they just drag their feet to no end. The RE6 line has been shown for about a year now, with no signs of PO.
I mean in RE6's case, that was just a terrible game and they had no idea. Arkham City and MGR have no excuse, especially with the former being critically acclaimed and beloved (which they claim to know!) by fans everywhere...well maybe not fans on here :monkey3

Last edited:
Well here is my WIP Arkham Joker def gonna put him on an better body even though the head is all the way on its very loose if that makes any sense.

12507539_10153849385759346_639800559443163347_n.jpg

12548864_10153849385854346_4808194428265514782_n.jpg

12524009_10153849386024346_150897277462820429_n.jpg

Sometimes, I wish it was flipped around and Prime1 made all of the 1:6th stuff that we want, while HT put out a ton of Iron Man and Storm Trooper statues that no one could afford.:lol

Sometimes, I wish it was flipped around and Prime1 made all of the 1:6th stuff that we want, while HT put out a ton of Iron Man and Storm Trooper statues that no one could afford.:lol

Yeah for sure I would love if prime did 1/6 Knight,Origins,Asylum,City man I'd be broke but would ****ing love it.

Yup. It's too bad Howard didn't grow up loving Batman instead of Star Wars. It is kind of hilarious, though. The people who are like "it's a business, he's just making what sells," and yet the thing he's making the most of is something he's been very open about being his favorite license.:lol

Just Becuase he likes Star Wars doesn't mean he gives two deadpoops about a battlefront trooper. It costs almost nothing in tooling. Why wouldn't they make it?

And I recall people making the same claims about iron man. Well that wasn't his favorite and he seems to have made a few. Batmans not his favorite and he seems to have made more then a couple figures from the license. How many iron man figures are from games? Predator? Alien? Thor? And given the almost automatic bitching about batman figures...well let's say it doesn't help. Hot toys made batman from a 50 year old tv show. He made two different batman figures from two late 80s era movies. They made a figure from a video game. Compare that to what they have done for other brands and I'd say they have done more out of the box for batman then any other brand. And then throw in the Nolan films. And the three versions of the batmobile, the one bat...

And then you take a look at every thread and the complaining and wonder why they don't do more. Really?

And comparing it to the battlefront figure is so off base. PlayStation committed to buy a min order so the figure costs hot toys nothing to produce. And even if they didn't...it's a repaint. No design time. No engineering time. No layout. No tooling.

They're doing a whole line of Battlefront figures though, they said it's the first of a series.

Nobody in here said anything off base. Batfan and me mentioned the repaint "value".

They're doing a whole line of Battlefront figures though, they said it's the first of a series.

Nobody in here said anything off base. Batfan and me mentioned the repaint "value".

I love that I didn't even have to go to the last page to know who you were responding to. I've got this place down.:lol

Well here is my WIP Arkham Joker def gonna put him on an better body even though the head is all the way on its very loose if that makes any sense.

Nice work, Psycho. How does the stock figure (body) scale up against Bats?

On topic with the Arkham and VGM line, keep in mind this was teased in 2012, when the game was still fresh and hype was still strong. Now don't get me wrong- Arkham City is still a legendary game but the market has changed dramatically since 2012 with the MMS lineup of Marvel and Star Wars. Sure, they teased Joker several blue moons ago, but no way in hell do I see HT returning to this when they have other commitments. The ship for Arkham Joker has sailed long ago.

Nice work, Psycho. How does the stock figure (body) scale up against Bats?

On topic with the Arkham and VGM line, keep in mind this was teased in 2012, when the game was still fresh and hype was still strong. Now don't get me wrong- Arkham City is still a legendary game but the market has changed dramatically since 2012 with the MMS lineup of Marvel and Star Wars. Sure, they teased Joker several blue moons ago, but no way in hell do I see HT returning to this when they have other commitments. The ship for Arkham Joker has sailed long ago.
As I've said before Howard said in interview shortly after Batman went up for preorder that Joker is still coming I guess the question is when. But they know it will sell since its Joker regardless how old the game is. Age don't mean ****.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

If they can release resident Evil 4 Ada Wong several years after the game, I hold out hope they'll do joker!

If they can release resident Evil 4 Ada Wong several years after the game, I hold out hope they'll do joker!

Well, not exactly- Ada Wong coincided with the RE4 "HD" retooling, and the MGS figures were also based off a 3DS rebranding of an older game. That pretty much makes all the figures in the VGM line to be released nor far off from their source material, with the exception of Arkham Bats. Nothing pleases me more to be surprised by some sort of announcement, but my optimism is waning with each BvS/Marvel/Star Wars announcement. :(

Arkham City Batman rework and upgrade.

Shaved the side of the inner body so that his arms can lay closer to his body.
Repainted the suit and added damages to get rid of the vinyl look of the suit.
Lowered and repainted the belt.
Repainted the boots, gauntlets, cowl and cape black and added some damages to the gauntlets and boots.
Changed the feet with the HT Briaeros looks more in scale.

IMG_3512_zpsjwxqiny8.jpg

Back