1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pi

I totally forgot about this figure, I just read my email and my first flex pay was yesterday so I hope I can work out some to change it till the 20th I don't wanna cancel it.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pi

Might just be me... but the snarling face looks like Stallone.

After looking at all these pictures, I think I'd probably be fine if they split the suit at the shoulders. Like TDW Thor. Tight fitting rubber overlay. But then of course articulation would suffer. Still, I do think that it'd look great if it's done as such.

arkham city is the best harley quinn ever! she'll be right after catwoman if she ever gets made.

Easily my favourite modern take on Batman, but that rubber suit :slap

I wonder if this would be better (and safer) if they made the suit like the Man of Steel outfit, a stretchy fabric with the patterns and details laid onto it?

It's still surreal to me that this is actually happening, and that I can look at the pics whenever I like. I've waited such a long time for this, and it's just wonderful that it's finally a reality.

Cancelled preorder a while back. Will wait and see if ht's fixes him. Since no exclusive I feel I can wait closer to release date or after.

Amateur-quality photos and underwhelming poses from Hot Toys - what's new? :lol

I'm sure the figure is fantastic. But, it's a shame that after so many attempts at Nolan Bats, HT still can't make proper capes. That shot from behind is just awful, and the cape shouldn't be dragging on the ground like that. They really should have used textured microfiber cloth, instead of pleather/leather.

Photography can definitely make or break a figure, and those shots doesn't complement the figure at all. With some nitpicks on the recycled DX09 cape and other small issues, I think I'm fine with him as he is. Been playing the Arkham games like crazy and spent hundreds of hours for the trophies so for my money, he looks the part.

I'm sure the figure is fantastic. But, it's a shame that after so many attempts at Nolan Bats, HT still can't make proper capes. That shot from behind is just awful, and the cape shouldn't be dragging on the ground like that. They really should have used textured microfiber cloth, instead of pleather/leather.

i thinks that's good thing about HT they never make a good quality cape, even darth vader doesnt have proper cape :lol

I never worry about HTs capes because I know Tony will make one that will ROCK!!

Well, not everyone wants to throw down the cash for a damn cape.

Well, not everyone wants to throw down the cash for a damn cape.

Exactly. Paying $200+ for a figure should be enough.

$50-$60 for a freaking cape? LOL.

They ought to just pull a Kato and have Tony teach them how to make capes right.:lol

The only cape/robe i thought they nailed was odins. Anyone have that? Looks and feels awesome. Your right. How are they able to pull off the actual costumes so well (most of the time) and give us crap capes. The dx 12 cape is like a sock. Im convince that for whatever reason, they can care less about capes

Cape physics are always hard. Whether it be animation, video games, or action figures.

Cape physics are always hard. Whether it be animation, video games, or action figures.

Very true. The biggest problem is translating the weight of a 1:1 cape to 1:6 scale, 1:6 is just so light it doesn't hang "natural" with the thicker or leather like materials.
That's why many companies go with lighter fabrics, but you then have the problem of "cheapness" as you can see through the fabrics and the appearance of lesser quality sets in.

On my Sideshow order it says :panic:

"Item(s) Shipping Soon. Order can't be updated online. PLEASE CALL US!"

EDIT: Just as i thought, spoke to SS. they said it's a mistake

Last edited:

This release is quickly creeping up. I seem to be in the minority (as usual) but I actually am really looking forward to this guy. If it release on schedule I'm taking him to work to have the new batman take a pic with this guy. He wouldn't do it with my armory figure. I tried. Though he did like it. I'm looking forward to getting a hot toys figure of the new suit eventually. I love the Nolan bat suit..but the new suit is the most comic inspired one yet. It's stunning in person. And the updates for superman are good too. One of the new batsuits looks very much like the injustice game armor as well. It's pretty neat. I'm excited for the new dc stuff to get going. I worked on the begining of the marvel universe with iron man and now at the start of DC with mos and superman v batman. Dawn of Justice.

Back